Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish language really annoying

Options
  • 02-03-2012 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi
    I just think that the way the Irish language is forced upon people is disgraceful. TG4 paid for by the whole of the Republic, and unneccessary expense of printing the Irish on forms and roadsigns etc costing time, money, paper, ink etc. It makes forms less clear to read really. It is also added in before introducing programs, and adding phrases in now and then. TBH, I am quite happy to speak English; like many English speaking countries, and I do not wish to have it forced upon me like when I was in school. I could have spent that time learning Spanish, for example as that may have come in useful. It does not sound nice just like German. I think if some people want to speak bits of it among themselves - fine, but I do not need them trying to promote it to me. The government likes to name some organisations in Irish which confuses and annoys me. It annoys me when it comes on the radio/tv and makes me feel like I am in a foreign country listening to something I cannot relate to.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is féidir leat Béarla a úsáid chomh minic agus is maith leat ar aon cheann desna 800 fóram eile ar an suíomh seo. Do na daoine siúd a bhfuil grá acu don teanga is ea Teach na nGealt. Tóg do chuid ghearáin is clíséanna chuig áit ar bith eile, le do thoil.

You can speak English all you like on the other 800+ forums on this site. Teach na nGealt is for the people who do enjoy using Irish. Take your clichéd complaints elsewhere, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement