Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechatronic vs Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree

Options
  • 24-06-2019 4:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All

I’m based in Australia and I’m looking at doing one of the above degrees online. Have been working in security and communications for the past 12 years. I’ve done a lot of work with autonomous systems, networking etc. The content of the Mechatronic degree seems more interesting and relevant to me. I’m just wondering is there much job opportunities in Mechatronics in Ireland as I will be moving home in the future or am I better off studying Electrical and Electronics which I still would have an interest in. Any feedback appreciated. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭sheepondrugs

AB7 wrote:
    I’m based in Australia and I’m looking at doing one of the above degrees online. Have been working in security and communications for the past 12 years. I’ve done a lot of work with autonomous systems, networking etc. The content of the Mechatronic degree seems more interesting and relevant to me. I’m just wondering is there much job opportunities in Mechatronics in Ireland as I will be moving home in the future or am I better off studying Electrical and Electronics which I still would have an interest in. Any feedback appreciated. TIA

mechatronics L7 or 8 would almost guarantee you a job at Intel, if that's something that would interest you.

Advertisement