Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost glider - reward

Options
  • 13-01-2018 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all!

I launched a glider, about 1.6m wide on a weather balloon in late September of last year.
    I put out a few posts on reddit and it was in the newspaper at the time, but there was no luck finding it. I am just wondering if anyone out there has heard anything about it since, or even found it themselves!

There is a reward available for the glider, but even if I got the data off it, I'd be thrilled!

Here are some pictures of the glider: https://imgur.com/a/FwIKE

It was launched from Lough Navar Forest viewpoint, and travelled north-east for about 20km, until it reached an altitude of 25km. It then was programmed to head toward Newtownstewart, but I'm not sure if it has achieved that.
    It had an O2 sim card to help recovery, but that never got signal. The radio onboard wasn't transmitting with enough power to be heard.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this. If you know anything at all about the glider, please let me know - it would mean the world to me!

All the best,
    Dan

Advertisement