Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions

Options
  • 15-10-2007 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

what do you think of the unis in northern ireland

what do you think of the unis in northern ireland 5 votes

there bloody amazing
    0% 0 votes
    there great
    40% 2 votes
    there good
    0% 0 votes
    They're not good
    20% 1 vote
    atari jaguar
    40% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

these are the best unis by far in northen ireland, republic of ireland and any where else in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Where's the "They're shite" option?

their isnt any

That's removing my freedom of speech!

my reason for this is because if you are attending a third level institution in the north, and you are still there, then obviously you must have a positive feeling towards it.

• Advertisement

That's not true at all. Never done anything and said "This is crap, but I'll stick with it for the year"?

Or even: "First year was good but now it's crap"?

Or even: "First and second year were good but now it's crap"?

i am still sticking to my point of view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Firstly it's they're great!!! Come on man you're in college now ^^.
    As for my college i'm happy enough with the it, the Newry campus is supposed to have a good repuation (apparently). Facility's are good, big Gym, modern facility's, seems grand.

As for these two mod's, i think they're acting like children.

• Advertisement

Firstly it's they're great!!! Come on man you're in college now ^^.
    As for my college i'm happy enough with the it, the Newry campus is supposed to have a good repuation (apparently). Facility's are good, big Gym, modern facility's, seems grand.

totally agree

I am still sticking to my point of view.

Ibid wrote: »

thats pathetic, either vote in the pole or be quiet

Ibid wrote: »

Why are you even in this forum, you obviously have nothing meaningful to post on said topics, i have reported your posts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In fairness the OP posted up a thread where all the answers are positive. What if someone hates the university or college they are in but due to their circumstances can't go anywhere else? What if they just think it is average? There is no option for these people in the poll.

In fairness the OP posted up a thread where all the answers are positive. What if someone hates the university or college they are in but due to their circumstances can't go anywhere else? What if they just think it is average? There is no option for these people in the poll.

There you go, maybe if he had handled himself in this manner people wouldn't think he was acting like a spamming tosser. He also clearly has no business in the thread or the forum, anyone acting in a similar fashion in the Economics forum would probably be banned for a while..

WaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I still believe my point (and Ibid's original point) were valid. If you're only going to concentrate on the positives this forum will be quiet very shortly!

Proof of the above can be shown in the TCD and UCD forums where there two largest threads in both forums are 'Rant Bitch Moan' threads. Yes, you could say that that's simply down to those college being inferior or something, and if that's your opinion that's grand. But I think it's more an Irish trait to bitch and moan about something, and it's good to get some things off your chest from time to time.

So more negatives please! Bad news is good news, remember?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There you go, maybe if he had handled himself in this manner people wouldn't think he was acting like a spamming tosser. He also clearly has no business in the thread or the forum, anyone acting in a similar fashion in the Economics forum would probably be banned for a while..

Where did you get spamming tosser from? What exactly is he spamming? Also one of the options in the poll is 'they're bloody amazing', the opposite of this would be 'absolutely useless' or as he choose to phrase it shite. Also what was wrong with myth's post that shows he is "acting like a child"?

Where did you get spamming tosser from? What exactly is he spamming? Also one of the options in the poll is 'they're bloody amazing', the opposite of this would be 'absolutely useless' or as he choose to phrase it shite. Also what was wrong with myth's post that shows he is "acting like a child"?

i admit im wrong i should have put a negative option in the poll, but its too late now, so i cant change that.

honestly almighty cushion, if you cant see the thing in myths post that shows he is acting like a child, i dont no.

regob wrote: »
    i admit im wrong i should have put a negative option in the poll, but its too late now, so i cant change that.

honestly almighty cushion, if you cant see the thing in myths post that shows he is acting like a child, i dont no.
    Myth wrote: »
    Or even: "First year was good but now it's crap"?

What is childish about this? A lot of people go to college have fun in first year and think it's great. Then when the workload increases in second year they realise it wasn't as much fun as they thought it was. Some of these people still stick with it though.

• Advertisement

regob wrote: »

In all seriousness, lmao.

What is childish about this? A lot of people go to college have fun in first year and think it's great. Then when the workload increases in second year they realise it wasn't as much fun as they thought it was. Some of these people still stick with it though.

im not going to even bother

Myth wrote: »
    In all seriousness, lmao.

imao ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Not good option added. Regob, the two lads were raising a valid point, even if they did it in a slightly tag team fashion way.

çrash_000 wrote: »
    Not good option added. Regob, the two lads were raising a valid point, even if they did it in a slightly tag team fashion way.

thanks crash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

Fairly **** thread, but imo Queens is an alrite university compared to my 1 yr at TCD. Facilities were much better there, the food was subsidised, the societies were active and decent and the classes were smaller and more personal. A better range foreign lecturers too.
    Queens is so much better in terms of my course despite the poor facilities however. Belfast is also a deadly city and the ppl are class. Its really not that bad, i'm just picking holes

Advertisement