Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black screen imac 2017 21.5 inch after ram upgrade

Options
  • 02-08-2019 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I recently upgraded my imac from 8gb to 32 gb and the screen is black without a login box, blinking cursor, mouse arrow nor apple loading logo on switching it on. I put back in the original ram and it is showing the same black screen. I used a usb c hdmi adaptor to link the mac to an external monitor. it is showing a Mojave desksaver graphic, without the login dialogue box. the mouse is moving around the screen. There is nothing populating the screensaver other than the mouse arrow. When I press keys on the keyboard the mac makes the wrong password type of noise. Can anyone please advise.

Warranty is not an option. thank you.

Mac is 2017 new version. 21.5 inch. Mojave os.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Command + F1 or Alt + command + F1 will mirror your display to the external screen so you can see the login prompts.

Or you could take it back apart and check the display ribbon cable.

Advertisement