Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday 4th

• 04-10-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

2:55 Longchamp: Treve 11/10 ★★★★★ NAP
    I think Treve has an outstanding chance of making racing history today by winning the Arc for a 3rd consecutive time. Last year Treve won this race after a terrible buildup that was blighted by injury. This year Treve is better than ever, 3 for 3 and had a perfect build up. I really think Treve should be odds on and not odds against. The only reason for that is the ground. If the ground was anyway soft she would be unbeatable today. The ground is good. Yes she is a better horse on soft but the thing is she did win this race on good ground last year. I don't think it will affect her too much, her class will see her through. I think you couldn’t back a better 11/10 horse all season than this.
    3:45 Tipperary: Thomas Edison 6/4 ★★★★
    Smart sort who won the Galway Hurdle in great style in 2014 and looked like he would follow up in this years renewal of the race up until he crashed out at the final flight. He would of had today's rival and stablemate Ted Veale back in 4th that day if he had of stood up. He has been given plenty time off since and an error-free reproduction of that run would make him the one to beat here. He has the beaten of Ted Veale on that run and the only other danger in here today is Thousand Stars who finished last in Italy last week. 6/4 wont last long.
    5:45 Tipperary: Oathkeeper 5/4 ★★★★
    Looked a nice sort on debut when beating 17 rivals in a good bumper at Roscommon, including second placed Prince D'Aubrelle who won since. He is 3 lbs better off with that rival today and should take all the beating again. There are rumors that horse is the best National Hunt horse that Aidan O'Brien has trained since Istabraq. He has a long ways to go to be categorized in that class but he could be top class and one to certainly watch for the season.
    2:45 Uttoxeter: YouNeverCall 15/8 ★★★
    In my opinion this race wont take much winning, YouNeverCall has one bumper win from 2 starts last season. Now with a top yard, this is its first run for Kim Bailey. With Sam Twiston-Davies on board it would suggest a big run is to be expected and he can hopefully get off the mark over the hurdles at the first time of asking.
    Outsider of the Day:
    3:40 Longchamp: Mirza 40/1 ★★
    He really should of won this race last year and I've been following him ever since. He had a poor draw and his run got impeded 4 times during the last 2 furlongs. When he finally got room to get out he absolutely flew home for 5th. He has a better draw today, ground in his favor. I think he has the class to win this race, its only a matter of getting a clear run.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Really looking forward to todays racing at both Longchamp and Tipp.

THOMAS EDDISON for me too along with
    SIAMSAIOCHT 2.00
    TESTED 2.30

At Longchamp
    FOUND small ew Arc ( i really hope TREVE can do it) !!

And an ew patent
    WE ARE 2.10
    MOVE IN TIME 3.40
    TOORMORE 4.50

Enjoy the racing GL2A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Ground must be a concern for Treve ?

Golden Horn is 6/1, yet Free Eagle is 16/1 ! Surely that is match bet alone!

Free Eagle each way for me.

Tapestry is over priced @40/1 also.

I'd like to see Willie pick up the Group 1 in the 5.20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Master Ride from Frankie.

As I said after the Derby, he's a proper old fashioned Derby winner. Simply the best horse and Treve ain't Treve without a bit of cut in the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Frankie made them look like schoolkids. Not many would have given that horse as perfect a ride. Great viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Best horse won or best ride? Pretty sure it was the right result, both jockeys had their horses in the ideal position for themselves. As mentioned above Treve seemed to lose a gear on the quick ground.

What a season for Golden Horn, serious what the fcuk how he managed to get beaten by Arabian Queen.

• Advertisement

Barry Geraghty is no McCoy really is he?

2nd time this week he has done a decent multiple bet on me on a short priced fav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Thomas Edison had a nice prep run for the Cesarewitch next Saturday. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

That was absolutely rancid from Geraghty and co. If any small timers tried they'd be getting in trouble,but not Jp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

How many stones in hand had phil the flyer a couple of starts ago??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

That was absolutely rancid from Geraghty and co. If any small timers tried they'd be getting in trouble,but not Jp

I always watch a race when I see a comment like this outa curiosity

rancid indeed to say the least, beggars belief how jockeys can get away with rides like this
    this was imo beyond blatant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

mailburner wrote: »
    I always watch a race when I see a comment like this outa curiosity

rancid indeed to say the least, beggars belief how jockeys can get away with rides like this
    this was imo beyond blatant

Today I'm aching from a proper bumming from Treve, Limato and Thomas Edison.
    What can you do man, that's racing as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Earendil wrote: »
    Today I'm aching from a proper bumming from Treve, Limato and Thomas Edison.
    What can you do man, that's racing as they say.

In fairness Treve and Limato were fairly beaten horses, Thomas Edision was rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Watched that myself and thought it was pure filth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hit the bar yesterday. In fairness, at least it wasn't the 3rd leg. I was put out of my misery in the 2nd. Would have returned a 2K profit on a €35 stake. Ironically, the 1st and 3rd absolutely skated in.

364629.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

what happened limato?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

akelly02 wrote: »
    what happened limato?

He was too far back but was beaten by a very underrated classic winner who beat the Arc third by 3L.

I don't think Limato would overturn the form in a rematch either as he wasn't making much ground on the winner at the finish. Make Believe is a very good colt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

uxiant wrote: »
    He was too far back but was beaten by a very underrated classic winner who beat the Arc third by 3L.

I don't think Limato would overturn the form in a rematch either as he wasn't making much ground on the winner at the finish. Make Believe is a very good colt.

Watched the race there. IMO she blew the race at the start. I would have no bother backing her in a match bet with make believe next time, she made up 10 lengths on them all and then the petrol light came on. better positioning and she would have won.

Advertisement