Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hennessy Bold Cup Day - Newbury

Options
  • 24-09-2015 8:46am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just booked my tickets for Gold Cup Day at Newbury in November. :D

Planning on flying to Bristol and hiring a car. Ferry works out way more expensive, but open to suggestions if anyone has them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

I went to Newbury before
    Flew into Gatwick and hired a car,about an hours drive ( I think),straightforward enough

There are also trains direct from Paddington on big race days,you could fly to Heathrow

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cashcarson

Newbury one hours drive from bristol and motorway all the way you cant go wrong. alternatively theres the train but from what i remember its longer by train as it stops in places like bath etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

I kinda like the idea of a car as it gives that little bit more freedom, but I'll take a look at the train options.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Should've updated on this: few to Bristol and rented a car. Stays with friends about an hour from the racecourse, so it worked out well. Racing there is more expensive than here, but it was worth paying the extra few quid for the Premier Enclosure, just for the comfort! Food and card are the same price in sterling (£3 for a card). Made a few quid, but was not impressed when the non-racing member of the group (who was impressed to find somewhere colder than Punchestown!) made a fortune on Aloomomo, but it did result in a few pints, so all good! A lot of development going on at the course, so will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Advertisement