Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BattleBots! (US Robot Wars)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I see the first show is 120 minutes, is that loads of filler?

some decent bouts some good ones and then the humanoid robot were unlucky to come up against a flaming bot, im not sure if that what took out his weapon arm or a bite did? he obviously wasn't going to survive but would like to see more of what it could do.

a twtich video with some of the competitors reviewing the 2nd epsiode https://www.twitch.tv/battlebots/v/75711195 some table baning and audio glitching but very interesting

also a decent podcast from 2 english guys https://soundcloud.com/insidethebot including 1 robot wars competitor

can't believe ghostrapter got a wild card, their robot sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 3 was fantastic. Blacksmith vs. Minotaur was one of the best battles I have ever seen. When you see robots losing parts with every second strike and ending up ON FIRE, you know it has been a good fight. :D

Chromefly was completely destroyed too.
    `
    Fun series so far. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

And looks like there could be big upsets going forward, especially following that early exit from a solid favourite.

yeti impressed, blacksmith sucked so many wacks of hammer missed and the it broke off again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Blacksmith vs. Minotaur was insane, I love this programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭geecee

loved Minotaur , impressive bot! its surely the champion elect already?

But am I the only one that thinks that female drivers/builders seem to get over hyped on the show?

Witchdoctor is waaay over rated! Its basically a POS that the show producers try to big up

Similarly in the E1 qualifiers there was a female owned robot that won on points... when it was clearly a tin can on wheels and had its ass handed to it!

• Advertisement

geecee wrote: »
    loved Minotaur , impressive bot! its surely the champion elect already?

But am I the only one that thinks that female drivers/builders seem to get over hyped on the show?

Witchdoctor is waaay over rated! Its basically a POS that the show producers try to big up

Similarly in the E1 qualifiers there was a female owned robot that won on points... when it was clearly a tin can on wheels and had its ass handed to it!

i think there an element to that in areas the producers have influence but not in the judging, witchdoctor is a good robot, its a vertical spinner like minotaur and yeti, as witchdoctor women explained they made bad mistake with choice of bot setup for that fight

Robot Wars UK starts Sunday July 26th on BBC2...

Ah bollox, postponed for a week, was looking forward to this all day at work...

Pretty good episode, good to see Warhead still going after all these years, still a bit baffling why any of them are bothering with these drones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Grandson of Whyachi next year? :)

Good episode.

UK one back tomorrow at 8pm.

Episode 5 available now aswell, weird scheduling or else it got released on Hulu or something...

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just episode 4 renamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭geecee

Thargor wrote: »
    Episode 5 available now aswell, weird scheduling or else it got released on Hulu or something...

EDIT: Nevermind, it was just episode 4 renamed.

I curse you!:eek::eek:
    I was so excited to download the so called "new ep5" episode earlier... only to discover it was a fake!
    (Just kidding about the curse... but very disappointing!)

going on a two week break for the olympics after next weeks show :/, atleast we have the uk version to keep us going

Was there an ep last night? I cant find anything with TPB and Kickass both down...

EDIT: Nevermind I got it just as I posted that.

Blatant case of giving the win to a team just because they're female with pink hair and nerd glasses there in that latest episode, the Mega Tento big red plastic insect was basically shoved around the ring for the entire match repeatedly slammed into walls, the only time Stinger wasnt in complete control of the fight was when it flipped itself maybe 3 times then self righted, for the other 90% of the fight it was slamming Mega Tento around the arena with zero resistance, joke of a result.

• Advertisement

Blatant case of giving the win to a team just because they're female with pink hair and nerd glasses there in that latest episode, the Mega Tento big red plastic insect was basically shoved around the ring for the entire match repeatedly slammed into walls, the only time Stinger wasnt in complete control of the fight was when it flipped itself maybe 3 times then self righted, for the other 90% of the fight it was slamming Mega Tento around the arena with zero resistance, joke of a result.

well they say it lost on damaged sustained but it lost the wheel on the arena hazards not from megatento, megatento did better then I expected, you could argue the stinger should have won on agression but it did little damage to magetento

oh it was on the night before last

hypershocks drum shattered https://www.twitch.tv/battlebots/v/82000276

aftershows are interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRXL0i1j1Q

oh it was on last night

hypershocks drum shattered https://www.twitch.tv/battlebots/v/82000276

aftershows are interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRXL0i1j1Q
    Was it? Lovely stuff I thought someone said 2 week delay because of the opening ceremony?

EDIT: Yep, just got episode 6, thanks for the tip.

Okay episode, the decapitation was fairly spectacular.

Okay episode, the decapitation was fairly spectacular.

in that episode we've had two spinner vs spinner duels, didn't end well for one of each.

actually there was horizontal spinner in each of the 4 matches,
    razerback was awful silly not have something that prevented them getting stuck on their side.

in that episode we've had two spinner vs spinner duels, didn't end well for one of each.

actually there was horizontal spinner in each of the 4 matches,
    razerback was awful silly not have something that prevented them getting stuck on their side.
    Yeah that was ridiculous, literally a couple of spikes sticking out would have prevented it.

apparently there are 2 broncos, i guess one with the rear wedge and one without! https://soundcloud.com/insidethebot/6th-august-2016-battlebots-series-2-episode-7-goodbye-special-chums-ft-jerome-miles at 45mins
    I was a where the some teams had virtually entire doubles spare but 2 have two entire seperate robots, they suggest it will be banned in the future like F1

more https://www.reddit.com/r/battlebots/comments/4w5t2m/inertia_labs_had_2_broncos_in_the_pits/

Meh, as long as they only fight with one in the arena really whats the difference between a heap of spare parts and one thats been assembled into a bot? What I find more ridiculous is the teams with a drone, its basically a second robot sitting there at the start beside the main one, if a team came up with one that could actually fight instead of being completely useless like the current ones it would be two against one, they let them have a separate pilot and controller and everything.

Meh, as long as they only fight with one in the arena really whats the difference between a heap of spare parts and one thats been assembled into a bot? What I find more ridiculous is the teams with a drone, its basically a second robot sitting there at the start beside the main one, if a team came up with one that could actually fight instead of being completely useless like the current ones it would be two against one, they let them have a separate pilot and controller and everything.

other people have to repair their's each time, they can just swap between the 2, all the teams basically say drones are a method of distraction.

• Advertisement

FFS nothing this week either, I hate the way US networks do this...

Advertisement