Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entourage Revisited

Options
  • 06-08-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Over the last few weeks I decided to rewatch one of the best TV shows in recent years. Although the quality starts to slip in season 6 there's still glimmers of great scenes and lines there.

Most of them seem to revolve around one character; Ari Gold

Take a bow Jeremy Pivenari-506x316.jpg

What did you love most about the show?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Addictive TV at its best. The series had ended by the time I hard started watching it, but with each episode being only about 22 minutes each you couldn't help but watch more and more and had the whole series watched before I knew it. Surely this series was the origin of binge, boxset viewing! :D

It had some great moments. It was very lighthearted compared to many of HBOs other shows, and hadn't by any means had the best story lines or writing. But the cast gelled very well, coupled with some great celebrity cameos. Ari and Lloyd became one of TV's unlikely but best comedy duo! Still can't forgive though the terrible last season, and horrible, horrible series finale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I thought at first it was excellent. Then after a while it was horrific and the last season was a slow train wrack, just so HBO could make a killing off a movie( a movie is excepted, since SATC the movie was so profitable). But the first few seasons were so funny. The jokes between Barbs and Ari were so funny. Plus the **** they always got themselves in was so good, like the movie in Columbia

But Lena Dunham( creator and writer of HBO girls, which is amazing) says entourage is quite realistic about how the tv and film industry is run

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

IMO if they had ended it with martin scorsese's phone call at the end of season 6 it would probably be remembered as one of the best shows of it's kind. I even quite enjoyed season 7 and the darker drugs route was interesting but season 8 was simply awful. I could have wrote a better final episode on the back of a beer mat in 10minutes than that mess.

All in all I enjoyed it as a show and I hope they somehow pull a decent movie out of the hat to make up for how the show went but I really doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm halfway through series 7, a bit disappointed on what I've yet to expect with series 8 going on yere comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Seasons 1-5 were great, Season 6 was awful, Season 7 was very good (and was fresh and not repetitive like the show was becoming), Season 8 was tripe - Dem my views on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Ari and Llyod were brilliant in most scenes they had together. Love this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

Upto season 7 today and the quality is starting to drop. What I cant figure out is why this happened when most of the writing team are still on the credits that were there from season 1 and 2.

Whereas with a show like the Simpsons its easy to see the quality change through the years as the key writers moved onto new projects

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

I know we have to suspend disbelief a little with TV shows and films

But how the hell did E get Sloan?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

2 of my favourite moments amongst many very good ones :D

As said, the story had come full circle with the end of season 6 and it would have been a very fitting ending to the show. Season 7 & 8 felt tacked on and going back through story arcs that were dropped previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really enjoyable show. It was all about Johnny Drama for me. He was hilarious :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Paully D wrote: »
    Really enjoyable show. It was all about Johnny Drama for me. He was hilarious :pac:

VICTORY!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Did everyone know they were making a film to wrap up the series?
    I only found out just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Sorry to resurect an old thread but wasnt sure wether to start a new one

Recently finished rewatching Entourage again... i thought it was hillarious but god they wouldnt get away with about 95% of the stuff Ari says these days

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It was always basically Sex and the City for men but set in LA rather than New York: pure male fantasy stuff.

Advertisement