Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horstmann e15 electrisaver

Options
  • 25-06-2019 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

We have a Horstmann e15 electrisaver boost switch to control immersion - no lights and immersion not working. Was able to check "live in"had power but no power at "mains out"side. I have googled and seems there is nothing fixable in this unit.

The E15 unit is the only connection between the fuse box and the immersion - no other on/off switch. From other posts this is maybe not the correct set up. 4th black wire to immersion is bypassed.

For testing purposes I have bypassed this unit and immersion works fine - I have now turned it off at the fuse box!! The fuse is a Hager MBN 120A B20.

What would cause one of these to fail and is there anything on the pcb I can check? As far as I can see nothing is blown on the pcb or am I looking at new immersion boost switch?

Advertisement