Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 25th

Options
  • 25-06-2019 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Two I like there today. 2.30 Beverley Final Frontier was a good two year old who won a gr.3 in Ireland for Jessie Harrington but has been on a steep decline since. He did show a lot more last time over a mile when weakening beaten three lengths. Down three pounds today and to 7 he is worth a chance around 10/1

8.15 Newbury can't get over the price of Swift Approval who is seriously handicapped. Not at best last couple of starts but he was punted three runs back and he's now down to 73. Was running in class 2 handicaps this time last year and was beaten a neck in one off a mark of 90. 16s looks huge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Newbury 4:55 - small ew bet on the outsider of the field Camakasi at 80/1. Racing post form line reads about as bad as you can ever get for a horse - Has lost the plot this year; refused to race last time. Think it has a bit better chance than the odds suggest and in a weak apprentice race, might just squeak a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,400 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Beverley 3:00 - official going here is good to firm, good in places, but the going stick reading indicates that this is on the softer side of good if anything to me. That leaves the door ajar for Dew Pond. 7/1 a decent price for this recent winner who hasn't been hiked too much for that win. Some money last time out suggests connections might feel the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

No great price but liked Tartlette in the 3.15 at Brighton, as unexposed as anything in field and improved for drop to this class over C&D last time out when getting within a neck of a subsequent winner, bit more ease in ground today likely no harm and further improvement probable with natural progression now she is finding her feet in handicaps. The fav obviously respected running without a penalty for win last time but think that and my selection should be more or less same price at head of market and looked a decent bet on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2.00 Beverley, Walk In Marrakesh. Around 1.62 - 8/13 on the exchange. The price is very very short in a major trappy race. I don't know what could win it but I don't like the fav, I've layed Walk In Marrakesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    2.00 Beverley, Walk In Marrakesh. Around 1.62 - 8/13 on the exchange. The price is very very short in a major trappy race. I don't know what could win it but I don't like the fav, I've layed Walk In Marrakesh.

Looked impressive enough there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Rule one of punting in novice races, the market always knows more than you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Newbury 4:55 - small ew bet on the outsider of the field Camakasi at 80/1. Racing post form line reads about as bad as you can ever get for a horse - Has lost the plot this year; refused to race last time. Think it has a bit better chance than the odds suggest and in a weak apprentice race, might just squeak a place.

Refused initially and have the field 15 lengths head start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

In the 6.50 at Newton Abbott Kentford Heiress is on a great run and is going for a 4th win in a row. Looks overpriced at 7/1, albeit she is up in class but gets in off a nice weight. She has to have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

A book I'm reading at the moment had the name Onassis in it. Caught my eye as i thought it a strange name & see there's a horse running in the next race with the same name. 6.35 Newbury, running a bit late for off time.
    Tis fate lads, fate I tells ya! :p

Edit- Or not! :D

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    In the 6.50 at Newton Abbott Kentford Heiress is on a great run and is going for a 4th win in a row. Looks overpriced at 7/1, albeit she is up in class but gets in off a nice weight. She has to have a chance.

Backed Romain De Senam in that, think will be hard beat. 9/4 with bet365 at moment

• Advertisement

munster87 wrote: »
    Backed Romain De Senam in that, think will be hard beat. 9/4 with bet365 at moment

Under pressure long way out

munster87 wrote: »
    Under pressure long way out

The winner looks decent, I would watch out where he goes next. Very lightly raced and looks to be set up for a summer jumping campaign. The likes of Stratford, Uttoxeter etc. He has beaten some good markers there.

Going to do a schneaky liddle ew Trixie in the last 3 races at Newton Abbott.

7.55 Fenlons' Court
    8.30 Billy My Boy
    9.00 Prophets' Prayer

Alan king's is odds on in the next, not my kind of price.

7.40 Newbury, City Wanderer around 4/1 on the exchange. I think this has a very good chance. I had a fairly big win bet on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    7.40 Newbury, City Wanderer around 4/1 on the exchange. I think this has a very good chance. I had a fairly big win bet on this.

Light the beacons of gondor
    We have a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CH3OH

8.15 Newbury can't get over the price of Swift Approval who is seriously handicapped. Not at best last couple of starts but he was punted three runs back and he's now down to 73. Was running in class 2 handicaps this time last year and was beaten a neck in one off a mark of 90. 16s looks huge

Another big THANKS PC

Things have been a bit rough I agree.

Last bet of the day

8.30 Newton Abbot, Jacbequick, laying for the win @ 3.75 and also laying for the place @ 1.55'ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Great call PC. Had a look n missed the price so left it.
    No wonder it ran so well😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Two I like there today. 2.30 Beverley Final Frontier was a good two year old who won a gr.3 in Ireland for Jessie Harrington but has been on a steep decline since. He did show a lot more last time over a mile when weakening beaten three lengths. Down three pounds today and to 7 he is worth a chance around 10/1

Well done on swift approval
    I was listening to the commentary on william hill radio and his owner is one of the pundits, he said he couldnt see him winning the race as he doesnt try anymore and hes going to the sales next month, he was speechless after and couldnt explain the turnaround.
    He must of just been punted on for being well handicapped as clearly he wasnt showing anything at home.

Advertisement