Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday 24th June

• 24-06-2019 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Not a great last 2 days but I'm confident today will be very profitable.

I have about 4 bets and all info I got

2.00 Chepstow, Unplugged around 11/4 on the exchange. Backing this to win.

I also layed the fav, Starczewski around 2.6.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

My banker of the day,

2.15 Southwell, Kahdian around 5/1 on the exchange.

Good luck to anyone betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

You have to be taking the piss at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Addiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Fair old punt landed at Southwell with The Jam Man

Was 20s and bigger in places last night and this morning

• Advertisement

I heard the yard made a killing. We're talking in excess of 280k.

Gambles like that would hurt a bookmaker more than frankie getting a 4 timer. Don't mind what ya read in the papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭ComplyOrDie

Andrew00 wrote: »
    I heard the yard made a killing. We're talking in excess of 280k.

Gambles like that would hurt a bookmaker more than frankie getting a 4 timer. Don't mind what ya read in the papers

If they won 20k between them they were doing well. The jam man has history being a plot horse, connections have dipped the tank before and are likely restricted to an extent or would set off alarm bells with the slightest activity. Bookies have seen it all before and know how to react, reducing limits etc. Only real way to cause damage is for multis and that so difficult to orcastrate due to various factors, having horse who can deliver when you say go, getting races to suit, getting into races, keeping a lid on who knows etc

The horse might have gone off fav after being 20s but you wouldn't get much on at 20s and then the flock start latching on and driving price down, connection have limited control over the flock and as a result would only have a fraction of the money that was placed

The Frankie 4 timer would hurt bookies far more than today. All those multis that Frankie fans would have placed, the impact his wins were having is evident by the price his later selections were cut to.

You were sold a load of waffle I'm afraid

COD

There's ways of getting around being restricted and what have ya. I know connections of this horse called Emperor Bob of Peter Fahey, they landed a right touch last year. One of the owners just asked one of the local mug punters (lad who does be stuck inside the bookies all day) to get 1k ew at 33s. Not a bother. They done this in various bookies around my area all at the same time. You just have to be smart on it

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Andrew00 wrote: »
    There's ways of getting around being restricted and what have ya. I know connections of this horse called Emperor Bob of Peter Fahey, they landed a right touch last year. One of the owners just asked one of the local mug punters (lad who does be stuck inside the bookies all day) to get 1k ew at 33s. Not a bother. They done this in various bookies around my area all at the same time. You just have to be smart on it

Dont be so naive. €1k E/W at 33/1 in a run of the mill handicap. Go back to bed.

If you walked into any shop this morning asking for that you might be lucky to get €150 E/W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

You'd want to be the post master that was being brought on trips by pp to get a grand e w on that. I'd say kauto is being generous with his 150 e w be amazed if you got more than 100 e w before it's halved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,783 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Funny seeing the English go buck mad over the horse winning. A quick glance at the form says that this horse was well entitled to be competitive off the mark it ran at yesterday.

Advertisement