Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plus size black dress for funeral

Options
  • 17-06-2019 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

My Dad has only days to live. Apart from all the angst of that, I need suitable attire for his funeral. Where can I get a nice conservative black dress in a plus size? Thanks

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eildar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Quite a few to choose from here and delivery is fast
    https://www.next.ie/en/shop/gender-women-category-dresses/colour-black-size-26#2_145

So sorry to hear about your Dad, hope the end is peaceful when it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through, that was us 9 months ago, I got several black dresses in new look, it wasn't until I was in there I saw them, I think I got size 24 and 22, great dresses, other than that, I got another in TK Maxx with black cardigan in Dunnes, but it was September, and we had about 2 weeks,

I was glad of the distraction to be honest, at the moment there are several shops with black dresses, try Tesco also,

Thinking of you,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi, Sorry to hear you are in this situation. Are you anywhere near a New Look or a Evans shop? Both should have a good choice of plus size dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Thank you ladies, for your suggestions and your kind words. And thank God no trolls threw in smart remarks about one's parent being at end of life & me fretting about what to wear. I'm grateful for that. As Lazee said - it's good to be distracted. I ended up with a very 'appropriate' dress from Evans. It's a weird twilight zone sort of place I'm in now, and I appreciate your input. Go raibh maith agaibh. Foggy

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eildar

Glad you got sorted foggy jew. I remember being the same when my Mum was near the end. I think just doing something and trying to focus on being organised helped.

Advertisement