Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sheep - Boys Names

Options
  • 12-06-2019 11:37am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Time for some more Alphabet Sheep - the Boys run riot!

alphabetposterhorizontalevenspacing.gif

You folks know the drill...

I will present to you a list of the letters of the alphabet and all you have to do is PM me back your list, unnumbered. DO NOT post your list on thread

The topic of this quiz is Boys Names - PM me a list of 26 BOYS names in alphabetical order. use the below as a template:

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    X
    Y
    Z

Closing date is at 6pm, Tuesday 18th June with reveal to take place possibly over two days.

Get Sheepin'!!

Comments

Hmmmm... what constitutes a name? Could be anything really. I have some ridiculous nicknames for friends.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hmmmm... what constitutes a name? Could be anything really. I have some ridiculous nicknames for friends.

There are no wrong answers in Sheep ;)

The aim is to get the most popular one though :)

Necro wrote: »
    There are no wrong answers in Sheep ;)

The aim is to get the most popular one though :)

Oh lol. I literally pressed send and read this a second later. I was going for obscure ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

You can re-submit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yup, re-enter as many times as you like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Well well well... Do I try and top my girls names list, or play it straight this time?!

I'm almost tempted to leave it as is. Melchior is a popular boys name right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Entered. (waits sheepishly :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

google or no google?

daheff wrote:
    google or no google?

Google away, tis Sheep :)

• Advertisement

7 entries already, keep em rockin folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

In, five of the last six are going to be real game changers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Answers sent... did sh1te at the last one but it’s great fun :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Google away, tis Sheep :)

Never really got this point for sheep. Are they googling for a correct answer (I know there are no incorrect answers but a silly answer will obviously score low) or are they googling for a very popular answer. Either way, is it not kinda unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Is it not peehs that has incorrect answers so googling would kind of spoil that one - a-z names in sheep - don't know if it googling would even make a difference - I just went off the top of my head in the hope everyone else gets the same answer :)

Edit to add: I'm answering like some sort of expert after two mid table showings :)

Pretzill wrote: »
    Is it not peehs that has incorrect answers so googling would kind of spoil that one - a-z names in sheep - don't know if it googling would even make a difference - I just went off the top of my head in the hope everyone else gets the same answer :)

Edit to add: I'm answering like some sort of expert after two mid table showings :)

Yeah I know there are incorrect answers in peehs, but technically there are also in sheep.
    For example, name a colour of the rainbow, lets say you answered "die hard" correct answer but likely to score low. Lets say you can google and you find red is correct and popular. Google has now assisted you to score high, also assisted the other players who picked red and dissadvantaged the rest of the players. Now you might say the playing field is level as everyone can google, true, but might be more level if no one could google imo

Edit: I may have missed something obvious here so shoot me down please if I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Googling can help as well as hinder.

Using your rainbow as an example, your first thought might have been to say blue, but then after googling, you decided red.

Meanwhile everyone else decided that blue was the best answer and you would have picked blue too except that you googled.

Even taking our current quiz with the letters. If it was girls names, A, a lot of people could have picked Aine because we're on an Irish forum. Meanwhile someone might decide to Google popular girls names and get Ann, but the list was from the UK. Another person might also Google another list but its US names and get Adrianna or whatever the Americans think is cool these days.

Googling doesn't always present the most popular answer. In fact, sometimes it can give you too many options. At the end of the day, when presented with multiple options, you still have to pick the answer you think everyone else will pick, the one you think will sheep

I was thinking more for answers a player didnt know. They could end up scoring high using google.

I just think no google would be more fair. But the rules have been there before I started playing so dont mind me, just trying to get a better undersranding of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,837 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Done !
    I am quite proud of most of my answers this time , if I do say so myself :p

Until reveal night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Kolido wrote: »
    I was thinking more for answers a player didnt know. They could end up scoring high using google.

I just think no google would be more fair. But the rules have been there before I started playing so dont mind me, just trying to get a better undersranding of it :D

If a game mod wants to do no research, they can put that in at their own behest :)

• Advertisement

Done.

18 entries so far :D

Keep em rolling folks (just had to delete some old messages as my inbox was getting precariously close to being full :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:)
    I bet Eeden will sweep sheep the board on this round
    ...with mam as a close second! :pac:

(do we get extra points for guessing who wins the round) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pretzill wrote: »

Thats just the sort of over-confidence we like round these parts.

I have had massively high expectations followed by underwhelming results but I'm fairly certain this is the one to turn it around

22 entries, still loads of time to sign up folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭wally79

Too much time.

More weekend sheep!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've thrown in an entry. I'm sure there's a few I'll really be kicking myself on, and I think a couple might be girls names!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ve gone with the same tactic as I did with the girl’s names and that worked out fairly well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sign me up scotty

• Advertisement

Can anyone sign up to play?

Advertisement