Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Member invite request thread...

Options
  • 23-06-2019 3:42pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've had this idea in my head for quite a while.

There are a number of courses I want to play but find it hard to persuade my usual partners to make the trip or the course in question effectively blocks visitors at weekend or no opens (and I'm not saying that in a bad sense, I don't want to drag OT so please no comments about a particular golf clubs decision re lack of Opens etc.).

Perhaps there's others in a similar boat and given the number of posters here we may be in a situation where members can invite Boards requestors along some weekend/weekday even as visitors....all in good spirit.

Safe to assume we can leave the big names like Adare/RCD/Tralee etc. off this thread please

Anyhow, I'll kick things off

Dun Laoghaire
    Westport
    St Annes

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any links course.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

Maybe mention where you are a member yourself as well so people can ask you to take them out as well if its a course they would like to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

If certain clubs get a bye because of who they are - It wouldn't be for me.

Best of luck.

Typically people meet up at their clubs by PM. Perhaps this can flag it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

If certain clubs get a bye because of who they are - It wouldn't be for me.

Best of luck.

Typically people meet up at their clubs by PM. Perhaps this can flag it.

I don't think he was giving a bye to any club just pointing out there isn't much point all of us posting RCD or Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

mike12 wrote: »
    I don't think he was giving a bye to any club just pointing out there isn't much point all of us posting RCD or Tralee.

Well if it is a members invite it is a members invite .

Applies to every club in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

slave1 wrote: »
    I've had this idea in my head for quite a while.

There are a number of courses I want to play but find it hard to persuade my usual partners to make the trip or the course in question effectively blocks visitors at weekend or no opens (and I'm not saying that in a bad sense, I don't want to drag OT so please no comments about a particular golf clubs decision re lack of Opens etc.).

Perhaps there's others in a similar boat and given the number of posters here we may be in a situation where members can invite Boards requestors along some weekend/weekday even as visitors....all in good spirit.

Safe to assume we can leave the big names like Adare/RCD/Tralee etc. off this thread please

Anyhow, I'll kick things off

Dun Laoghaire
    Westport
    St Annes

I'm a member in St Anne's, would love to welcome you/other people.
    Open singles every Wednesday til about 4pm. I'm on holidays for a couple months so can do most Wednesday's.
    Or else a simple four-ball for fun of an evening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

JCDUB wrote: »
    I'm a member in St Anne's, would love to welcome you/other people.
    Open singles every Wednesday til about 4pm. I'm on holidays for a couple months so can do most Wednesday's.
    Or else a simple four-ball for fun of an evening.

Thanks for reply, with working (in the midlands) during the week I could not do a Wednesday but a weekend perhaps?
    Am in absolutely no rush

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Well if it is a members invite it is a members invite .

Applies to every club in the country.

Fire away ask and see are there any RCD members on here.

Great idea for a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

"If certain clubs get a bye because of who they are - It wouldn't be for me. "

It amazes me that people get bent out of shape for the stupidest things. It was pretty clear what was meant by OP. No point people listing out all the exclusive clubs in Ireland. I think it's a given we all want to play them. Sure why not stick up Augusta while we're at it?!

It's a great idea for a thread. I'm in Castleknock and happy to show anyone around for a game. There is an open every Tuesday so probably not much demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

@Slave, haven't played in a few years and not a member of Westport but I'll be able to arrange/help arrange a game.

If you're travelling that far, might be worth playing another. Would recommend Ballinrobe or Mulranny 9-hole if you wanted to cross them off your list. Could also get you out in Castlebar.

Great idea for a thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement