Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose a controller

Options
  • 31-01-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

I’ve recently got rid of the last of my DJ gear and now I’m regretting having nothing to mess around with at home.
    I have a short(ish)list but I’d like some input if you can give it. Anything there that sticks out from the rest or anything I might want to avoid?
    I probably would prefer a decent size pitch slider, some of them look quite short.

1. Numark Mixtrack Platinum
    2. Denon MC4000
    3. Reloop Terminal Mix 2
    4. Reloop Beatmix 4
    5. Pioneer DDJ400
    6. Pioneer DDJ SB3
    7. Traktor Kontrol S2
    8. Roland DJ202

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 arcadeblasters

I'm a bit late here to the post but heres my 2 cents:

long time dj, my tractor s2 mk1 died on me just before christmas, missus bought me the s2 mk3 for christmas. very happy with it.

When you consider it comes with the full version of traktor pro 3 licenced for 2 computers its huge bang for the buck. great jogwheels, nice pads, small but very accurate pitch.... doesnt look like a toy either.

good fun on its own just messing around on the laptop.

extremely good fun when used with turntables and timecode vinyl, with pro 3 you no longer need to use a native instruments audio interface, ive tested it with a cheap as chips American audio versaport and an ancient but very good good M-audio connectiv. both work flawlessly.

its been getting a bit of criticism online for losing the fx controls along the top and replacing with the new "mixer FX" but its still all there in the software and the controller can be re mapped. if you know how to set up modifiers in traktor then you can add tons more stuff . I had a zomo mc1000 controller knocking about, when both are used youve pretty much every physical control you are ever going to need.

Theres a new version of traktor dj on the way for ipads and windows 10, free for existing s2 mk3 owners, basic software probably decent enough for arsing about on the go.

Advertisement