Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medtronic/Cregg

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 obrienreb

Anybody hear anything new from cregg??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 heythereall

obrienreb wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything new from cregg??

Nope not a word was wondering the same myself today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 esturion

Heard from Cregg this morning re assessment held on September 16th 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Shasheen

Nope not a word was wondering the same myself today!

Ring them, plague them, pester them! Make sure they know you're still keen on the job.

If possible tell them that you're open to work any shifts that have vacancies etc.
    For instance, if you gave evenings as first preference in the interview, your name is probably in a file just for evenings, so if they're just hiring for days, your name may never be seen. So if your circumstances allow (and I know it isn't that simple for many people) perhaps call them and tell them that you'd be willing to work on whatever shift they need people for next.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mayocyclist

Starting thursday at last........... :)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 IntotheWest100

Hi Mayocyclist I am wondering when did you do the assessment, interview and medical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Got an email yesterday to say I'd be called for interview in late October early November.

empacher wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday to say I'd be called for interview in late October early November.

I done all the parts assessment in July, interview and medical about 2 months ago have not heard anything since.

My assesment was on the 25/7 and i got offered the evening shift. Cregg did mention that they would be calling another batch of people next week.

• Advertisement

My assesment was on the 25/7 and i got offered the evening shift. Cregg did mention that they would be calling another batch of people next week.

Fingers and legs are crossed, need the money Christmas is arriving. I had said any shift to them but I think she put me in the daytime shift I must give a call to Cregg from what I see wrote on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smells like...

Anyone know what the average waiting time between sending the application into Cregg and being asked to go to the assessment would be?? Thanks

I was about 2-3 weeks waiting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smells like...

Thanks! Sent in an application last week and just a touch impatient! I'll bide my time for another while before I start pestering them :-)

Everyone after months of waiting for Cregg to get back to me I sent my cv to ICE agency in Galway 2 days ago. I am going for assessment tomorrow, for Boston Scientific (just putting this up for anyone really worried about not getting work). Cregg don't appear to care at all I have emailed and called them numerous times, with no response.

Ok update for anyone waiting response from Cregg I have been offered employment off them in a role which suits my qualifications. I had thought that they would never get back to me, 5months I was waiting. I almost had taken a role on production line in Boston Scientific. Basically for those of you waiting they are still interested unless they gave you a definite no! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cateog

I rang the Creig office last week and the office lady said that there may not be much activity before Christmas as in they may not be looking for more people to start in Medtronic before then. Medtronic make the request for people and Creig fill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elizabethmgm

Hi,
    received an email from Cregg today ,saying that Medtronic have fulfilled all their requirements ,so they could not offer me a job, but will keep me on their panel for 12 months, I have all the process steps ,interview and medical passed since early September.Just wondering has anyone else heard anything .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Hi,
    received an email from Cregg today ,saying that Medtronic have fulfilled all their requirements ,so they could not offer me a job, but will keep me on their panel for 12 months, I have all the process steps ,interview and medical passed since early September.Just wondering has anyone else heard anything .

I've done all that about 12 months ago and never heard a word since despite them saying they would keep me on file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elizabethmgm

God so unprofessional of them ,well thanks for letting me know ,time to move on and start looking elsewhere , I wouldn mind but I worked for Medtronic for 6 years , I left in 2005 and they were a fabulous company to work for, pity they have started going through a recruitment agency ,because if you had passed all the interview stages ,and they have taken loads on over 2014 it must have been a mistake on creggs behalf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

i believe they will be taking on more after xmas as they are building a new factory on site at the back of building 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cateog

I have received two emails recently with updates - one identical to the one just posted. I rang the office, spoke to someone who said it will likely be after Christmas. When I did my interview Medtronic were looking for people and they are not at the moment so I obviously need to bide my time - think Craig are quite professional to deal with and I don't think there is any point in blaming needlessly. Why don't you give them a ring and see why you weren't emailed. I heard separately that there was a new area that will need more people in the new year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Hi all,

I've just started looking for factory work in Galway. First off, how many factories like Medtronic and Boston are there in town? I'm not familiar with them. Secondly, what's the best way of getting as many applications in as possible? Do Cregg only do Medtronic? Any other recruitment agencies??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharxmayo

Starting thurs☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

S12b wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've just started looking for factory work in Galway. First off, how many factories like Medtronic and Boston are there in town? I'm not familiar with them. Secondly, what's the best way of getting as many applications in as possible? Do Cregg only do Medtronic? Any other recruitment agencies??

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Cregg to Creganna, too.

Not sure who Merit Medical or Coviden use.

And I'm not sure how big some of the others are. Certainly no one else is the size of Medtroinic and Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nikita28

Merit Medical doesn't use any agency as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 olitoni82

sharxmayo wrote: »
    Starting thurs☺

Which shift Cregg offered to u?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sharxmayo

olitoni82 wrote: »
    Which shift Cregg offered to u?

Evening shift

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chitchatz

Wow......... I am a previous medtronic/cregg employee. I am amazed at the amount of people looking to gain employment within medtronic. Personally I would go for any other company. Medtronic allow workplace bullying to occur, most staff are young (that alone is a tell tale sign of a bad company to work for). Try Boston Scientific, merit medical, cregganna any company but Medtronic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

In a company of over 3000 yours is one experience. Most people recognise it as a good place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

im with chit chatz , absolute hole of a place to be in.most soul destroying place to work ever, and i was permanant there. ive seen contractors hired and fired 3 or 4 times over. imagine working here waiting for axe to fall on a friday

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

im with chit chatz , absolute hole of a place to be in.most soul destroying place to work ever, and i was permanant there. ive seen contractors hired and fired 3 or 4 times over. imagine working here waiting for axe to fall on a friday

Medtronic isn't the only place in Galway that happens. It's common for that to happen in all the larger companies. Often a contract will be for a specific project, where extra numbers are required but for a certain length of time. When the project is complete, unless there's another project following soon or immediately after, the company has no budget or reason to keep the contract staff.

I was on 2 contracts with one of these companies. Projects ended and was let go when my contract ran out. That's the reality of temporary work... it's temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chryssa

chitchatz wrote: »
    Wow......... I am a previous medtronic/cregg employee. I am amazed at the amount of people looking to gain employment within medtronic. Personally I would go for any other company. Medtronic allow workplace bullying to occur, most staff are young (that alone is a tell tale sign of a bad company to work for). Try Boston Scientific, merit medical, cregganna any company but Medtronic.

I wonder how long you've lasted in Medtronic? I'm working there for more than 8 years now, I know the place well enough and I still have to meet a supervisor or manager who wouldn't jump right in when you report bullying or the likes. You'd be upstairs at HR straight away if you cause trouble in terms of harassment or bullying.

"Most staff are young" is not true either, we have any ages from 18 to 63 in my department, and every year when they do the "service awards" you'd see people working 10, 15, 20, 25 years for them - I really don't know where you have your figures from.

I recognize that agency contracts are a bitch, but at least since 3 years or so every cregg employee will get a Medtronic contract once they made it to 12 months continuous service - and I personally know quite a few who made it indeed and are permanent now.

I am over 40 years of age myself, I've been working for different employers in different countries and in my opinion Medtronic is a very decent company to work for. They expect you to take your job seriously, they watch your "time and attendance" alright, but when you put some effort into your work they're absolutely fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hcss89

I'm waiting in word about a general operator role with Medtronic through a recruitment agency. I did the intial assessment in September 2014 and I've been fully through the recruitment process since November (interview & medical passed etc). I was speaking to the agency recently and they've said that there are no contracts at the moment as Medtronic have met their requirement. They say they've no idea when they'll have any new openings. Does anyone know how often Medtronic need operators? And how long the contacts usually last? I want the job but I'm tired of waiting around and having no idea of when I'm starting. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

@hcss89
    Demand for general operators can peak and dip along with the demands of the business. Sometimes demand is up and staff are required on a temporary basis. Then if demand reduces and the products arent selling as fast then staff levels are reduced accordingly. In fairness trained Cregg staff are redeployed to other areas as far as possible. Also, its not necessarily a matter of being next on the list. CVs are screened (even for operator jobs) for previous experience and educational background.
    These are contract jobs so while they are good for getting experience or getting in the door it still is down to luck and hardwork if you want to be made permanent or progress to another role. Cregg put everyone through the interview process to have a list of people on their books ready to go so its them who has you waiting for a job to open up. Medtronic is a good employer but it is still a business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 hcss89

@dustie1
    Yeah I understand now that that's the nature of the contract work with them. I had no idea it would be like this when I did the initial interview though, I had thought that there were jobs available at the time. I've been putting off looking for other work in the meantime as I have a degree in biology and I wanted to get a start in a company like Medtronic. Thanks for your feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Best of luck. I hope something comes up. I did hear that a lot of the contract staff are college graduates. Keep the faith, there are a lot of good companies in Galway and if your flexible and eager then you'll get some experience and find something thats right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Chryssa

I'd try and call Cregg again, and again, and again, if necessary - I know for a fact that they had an assessment (or "amplitude test", as they call it now) only 3 weeks ago (which means new jobs), a friend of mine went for it... I don't understand why they wouldn't have called you since you passed the interview and the medical and are ready to go, that makes no sense!

As for general information: You're "valid" for 12 months (in terms of having passed everything), after that you'd have to start from scratch again, like sending in the CV etc.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

What would the wages for a general operative, approx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

I'm pretty sure Cregg to Creganna, too.

Not sure who Merit Medical or Coviden use.

And I'm not sure how big some of the others are. Certainly no one else is the size of Medtroinic and Boston.

Medtronic Mervue (Formerly Covidien) Use Kelly Recruitment Worldwide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 saskatoon

Hi, is there a job for CNC machines / moulding / grinders operators at Medtronic? ( i mean not at the moment just generally) what medical devices company would you recommend for above positions? thanks for help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

saskatoon wrote: »
    Hi, is there a job for CNC machines / moulding / grinders operators at Medtronic? ( i mean not at the moment just generally) what medical devices company would you recommend for above positions? thanks for help
    Your best bet for that sort of stuff would be to apply to the machine shops around Galway who supply the medical device companies. The likes of Riteway and Carragh for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 saskatoon

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mkamal1992

Hi Guys,

I need to sit the Medtronic assessment soon and I was wondering what kind of tests they give you or what I should expect? They haven't told me anything bar that it is written, for 90 mins and will be conducted with an occupational psychologist.

Can someone please help me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mickei999

hi
    I just gave a 90 min medtronic psycometric assesment 2 weeks ago and I havent heard from them for the associate regulatory affairs role in galway . There were 12 of us giving the assesment out of which 10 were internal candidate my friend who works in medtronic got a call saying he got the job but there hasnt been any update for the 2 externals including me nor it is up on the website.
    does medtronic call only internal candidates first. Is there hope we might still get a call?

Advertisement