Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut for troublesome 2 year old

Options
  • 31-01-2015 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere that will cut my two year olds hair. He really is not fond of hairdressers and with the place on Sean Mulvoy gone now I don't know of anywhere else to bring him.

I'm sure regular barbers detest seeing kids, especially ones that will go crazy and cry, even though I would pay double just to get it cut.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Faze11 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere that will cut my two year olds hair. He really is not fond of hairdressers and with the place on Sean Mulvoy gone now I don't know of anywhere else to bring him.

I'm sure regular barbers detest seeing kids, especially ones that will go crazy and cry, even though I would pay double just to get it cut.

Any recommendations?

Andy King @ Andy's prospect hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Muppet2006

+1 for Andy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Crazy Cuts on Sean Mulvoy Road. They put the children into little cars (like the ride on cars..except they don't move!) and play DVDs for them. They don't even notice their hair being cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Crazt Cuts? Wasn't it Kranky HKuts? It closed down.

When my son was 2, he used to have meltdowns when it came to haircuts. I used to bring him to Grafton Barbers on Shop Street, opposite The Body Shop. I'd go early on a Monday and they'd switch the TV to kids' stuff. They'd pacify him and put up with the tears but ultimately get on with the job.

He still goes there now.

Sorry yeah I meant Kranky Cutz. When did it close? Recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

We use kozzys in Knocknacarra- the lady there is great with boys as she has boys herself. Mine always behave well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Sorry yeah I meant Kranky Cutz. When did it close? Recently?

Sometime last Summer.

We use kozzys in Knocknacarra- the lady there is great with boys as she has boys herself. Mine always behave well there.

Have to say I had a bad experience in Kozzy's in Knocknacarra. The lady wouldn't cut my son's hair and the man would do it but only use a razor all over his hair (which I didn't want!).

Ended up going to a barber shop in the Eyre Sq. centre opposite the Art and Hobby Shop and they were lovely in there and gave him a good cut. He also got a cut in Salthill before...can't think of the name of the place but it's across the road from O'Connors. They were good in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Have to say I had a bad experience in Kozzy's in Knocknacarra. The lady wouldn't cut my son's hair and the man would do it but only use a razor all over his hair (which I didn't want!).

The barber there is a butcher. The hairdressers next door (owned by the same guy) will do a scissors cut and do a great job. Hard to get an appointment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Just an update. Spoke to John, owner of Fat Tony's and he was more than happy to help. Great service and little guys loved it. I'm sure they don't want kids flooding their doors but I highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭SocialSpud

Kranky Cuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

SocialSpud wrote: »
    Kranky Cuts

Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

SocialSpud wrote: »
    Kranky Cuts

Just four months too late, kid would have a mullet if it was waiting for that recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

At two years old just get a shaver and cut his hair yourself.
    He doesnt need to be at the height of fashion.

Advertisement