Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance Calls

Options
  • 17-02-2017 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

00818555222 getting regular calls around 10.00 am mornings. It gives a few rings never anyone there hung up before I answer. I now have it blocked on my mobile. Anyone else getting these calls the local code is for Japan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had a few nuisance calls that acutally came up when I searched on phonenumbers.ie but not seeing anything for that number

Best thing to do is block but it's strange that I've seen a bit of a spike in nuisance calls the past week to my own mobile number at least

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This appears to be an issue on landlines too with an increase of complaints on nuisance calls and scam calls targeting businesses, I've noticed. Unfortunately there's not much you can do.

You can however send them to the psychic hotline, tell them that's your number and not to ring this as you don't use it anymore :D

However, as for silent calls, check with your provider. You can block the Caller ID, assuming that it's only one specific caller id annoying you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

It's likely meant to be showing 0818 555 222. Someone has it incorrectly configured and the network is adding an extra 0.

00 81 is Japan.. You're very unlikely to get nuisance calls from there and the number's too short to be a real Japanese call.

00 81 855 XXX XXXX

Advertisement