Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can we trust the legal profession with this level of deviancy going on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How sensitive we've become, there was a time things would be said within earshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

The old boys club re-asserting itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I'd imagine it happens in many places unfortunately, not just the legal profession. Two certain rugby players come to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Its good that they've been offered counselling. Poor things.

And yes, im shocked and offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Trust the legal profession...lol,good one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I was only in the group to get directions out of the group.

Mixed feelings.

On the one hand, this has nothing to do with their professional affiliation. Are solicitors supposed to be morally superior than anyone else? In any case, all men, and presumably all women, talk about the opposite sex, and which ones we are into. I hardly think that requires discipline.

On the other hand, there is a minority of guys who always take it a bit too far. in my experience they are usually significantly older than this cohort, but some self-described "total legends" also go at it. They're self-evident idiots, and deserve any bollocking they get.

So it all depends on what was said, and whether they were slagging-off their fellow students vs agreeing that some of their classmates were attractive.

I know some ould lads, farmers, who used to classify women on the EUROP grid. For anyone who isn't from a farming background, it's basically a system of classifying cattle according to their body shape and size. That obviously crosses the line of 'acting the dick', but I don't know how similar this situation was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Won't someone please think of the law students!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If Trump can get elected after revelations of his “locker room” talk came to the fore surely these guys can get away with whatever they were banging on about,

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The article is a bit all over the place, does it exist or not apparently it doesn't .

Unless they have a hard proof id say they are skirting close to defamation.

If it's true the guys are gob****es, either neckbeards who would never stand a chance with women so have to devalue them or have huge egos and think they are great because they are on the track to money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Boys will be boys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Any pics of said tits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I'm also in a WhatsApp group called Títs and Filth but it's just me in it talking to myself about how dirty my man boobs are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

A private group called 'Tits and Filth' is fine. A private group of any name that specifically discusses female co-workers is obviously not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Have any pictures emerged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/law-society-investigation-finds-tts-and-filth-whatsapp-group-contained-no-reference-to-female-students-38592630.html

Looks like it wasn't related to existing students. I wonder if they will even be punished/could they be punished.

How did this story even get traction, did one of the guys alert the society or what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Hopefully the complainant gets blackballed for lying about this.

Advertisement