Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Draft 2020 - Current Premier League - Signup Thread!

• 04-05-2020 8:13pm

0_Manchester-City-v-Aston-Villa-Premier-League.jpg

The rules are generally :

PLAYERS HAVE TO HAVE MADE ONE PREMIER LEAGUE PERFORMANCE AND WILL BE JUDGED ON PREMIER LEAGUE PERFORMANCE ALONE (ASIDE FROM ROUND 5)

1. People sign up in the initial thread (this thread). Declare interest below but please only sign up if you generally look at boards fairly regularly as we don't want to be holding other users up from their picks and slowing the game down.

2. A random list generator is done to determine the picking order.

3. Posters generally have around 24 hours to make their pick before they are skipped. When you make your pick you pm the next person on the list to let them know it is their turn.

4. We go until everyone has a full team and then we have a draw to pit posters sides against each other.
    Other posters can come in and thank the post of the team they think is better.

5. This draft will be based on current Premier League players and they will be based on their performances in the Premier League alone, not other leagues/international.

Example of a picks thread from a previous draft : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...php?p=73979193

*I'M OPEN TO OTHER CRITERIA SUGGESTIONS, DOESN'T HAVE TO BE PREMIER LEAGUE*

Participants -

Hello 2D
    Dr. Kenneth
    Martyos
    Redzerdrog
    Gstack
    Bounty Hunter Le Champion
    Brianregan
    IncognitoMan
    Daithi1989
    Liam O
    Ferris_Bueller
    Wrestlemaniac
    Mr Nice Guy
    Glasos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'm up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m in too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ah go on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Yeah put me in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good man 2D my good fellow!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Interested

Good stuff. That's 8 so far. Ideally we'll get to 16 but if not we'll work around it.

I've PMed a few folk that said they were interested in the old thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

One change to the format I'd suggest is removing the teams playing against each other in a knockout section.

People always lose interest after the first round or two and especially when their teams are voted out.

Instead I'd do a single thread with each team in it and let everyone set out their sides and then people can vote on each side.

Maybe say you have 12-16 teams and everyone votes how they think a hypothetical league would finish if all sides were to play against each other.

Basically your order of preference.

Average out the teams positions and get a league table at the end?

One change to the format I'd suggest is removing the teams playing against each other in a knockout section.

People always lose interest after the first round or two and especially when their teams are voted out.

Instead I'd do a single thread with each team in it and let everyone set out their sides and then people can vote on each side.

Maybe say you have 12-16 teams and everyone votes how they think a hypothetical league would finish if all sides were to play against each other.

Basically your order of preference.

Average out the teams positions and get a league table at the end?

I've never ran a draft on here but I definitely noticed a drop off in interest after the selection process in other ones I've taken part in on other sites so I'd be happy to make a change.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ah go on I'll enter as well - just wasn't 100% keen on current PL players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

I'm in

I'll leave this open for the rest of today and we'll start at some stage tomorrow.

Based on thanks, people seem happy enough with IncognitoMan's voting suggestion so the number of people isn't an issue.

Will it be based off their current ability or all time PL careers? So say David Silva, will it be based on him now or at his peak for Man City?

Will it be based off their current ability or all time PL careers? So say David Silva, will it be based on him now or at his peak for Man City?

It'll be based off their entire time in the Premier League, so his peak.

So David Silva will be based off his entire career in the Premier League. His Valencia or Spain performances won't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Count me in too, please.

I'll leave this open for the rest of today and we'll start at some stage tomorrow.

Based on thanks, people seem happy enough with IncognitoMan's voting suggestion so the number of people isn't an issue.

Another great thing about his suggestion is it would make us less dependent on a certain number signing up so as to make knockout brackets.

Instead akin to the PW draft were we had posts to showcase how good our fed could be before voting, here we would just layout how our teams would be set up before voting on which one would rise above the others if they were to compete.

Another great thing about his suggestion is it would make us less dependent on a certain number signing up so as to make knockout brackets.

Instead akin to the PW draft were we had posts to showcase how good our fed could be before voting, here we would just layout how our teams would be set up before voting on which one would rise above the others if they were to compete.

There has been no counter to this so I'm happy to run with this.

It'll be based off their entire time in the Premier League, so his peak.

So David Silva will be based off his entire career in the Premier League. His Valencia or Spain performances won't count.

This rule will be known as the Desailly Rule.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll play

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hey just to confirm it is a straight draft with Current premier league players only and based off their entire premier league careers rather than just current ability?

Is there a special round?

Just straight

Do players currently registered at PL clubs but on loan abroad count?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Hey just to confirm it is a straight draft with Current premier league players only and based off their entire premier league careers rather than just current ability?

Is there a special round?

Some kind of special round would be good IMO. I can see it being very slim pickings by the end if we are picking 132 current PL players between us.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Do players currently registered at PL clubs but on loan abroad count?

As long as they have made a Premier League appearance they are golden but they will be judged on their Premier League performance.

Some kind of special round would be good IMO. I can see it being very slim pickings by the end if we are picking 132 current PL players between us.

Seeing as no picks have been made.

ROUND 5 WILL BE A SPECIAL PICK ROUND

I just realised the current is a **** name.

I've updated the selection thread rules.

AS LONG AS THEY'VE MADE A PREMIER LEAGUE PERFORMANCE THEY ARE GOLDEN EXCEPT LOAN DEALS

People, anyone up for co-modding this thing?

Mainly for PMs and such.

I accept I have a lot to gain from this :pac: but can I suggest the special round be moved to an even numbered round? As it stands Redzerdog get first pick in the first round and the special round.

Edit: Actually Redzerdog made his pick so prob not fair to change it now

• Advertisement

That'll tell you how bad my maths is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I accept I have a lot to gain from this :pac: but can I suggest the special round be moved to an even numbered round? As it stands Redzerdog get first pick in the first round and the special round.

Maybe do another random draw for the special pick round? Does seem a bit of an advantage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I assume round 2 will be in reverse order, and so on? Worked well last time and gives everyone a chance.

I am completely easy with what happens in the special pick round. Should we put in a bit of a write up when we are selecting players or just keep it brief? I have gone with Aguero anyway. Also redzerdog PM'd me to say it was my pick and I have done the same to Incognito Man, I suggest everyone does the same to keep it flowing.

Yeah reverse order at the very least in the first two rounds usually is a good idea.

If there is only to be one special round it probably should not have the same order as the first round alright as that might be too much of an advantage for the early posters. Think I did one or two of these soccer ones before where there was for example a "legends round" and that had the reverse order of the 1st round or if there were 2 special rounds the 2nd one would be a reversal of the 1st one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So it just current players as in this seasons players ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

No hassle if I missed the boat :)

Youre up :)

martyos121 wrote: »
    I assume round 2 will be in reverse order, and so on? Worked well last time and gives everyone a chance.

Sorry people, special round will be in snake order, as is the whole draft.

I miscalculated haha.

OK, I'll change the OP.

SPECIAL ROUND IS ROUND 6

• Advertisement

Mr Nice Guy doesn't accept PMs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Mr Nice Guy doesn't accept PMs

I should be. I was receiving them in the PW draft.

I've sent one to wrestlemaniac.

I should be. I was receiving them in the PW draft.

I've sent one to wrestlemaniac.

Ah, I had a space between Mr and Nice.

Sorry, only saw this now. Change has been made, forgive my bad maths.

ROUND 6

PM sent to daithi1989.

Thanks for running this by the way H. I'm looking forward to the latter rounds especially and how people go about constructing their teams.

My name isn't on the list in the picks thread, can i get it added? Will end up being missed and causing confusion.

My name isn't on the list in the picks thread, can i get it added? Will end up being missed and causing confusion.

Sorry GlaDos. Did you apply already? I'll add you now.

pick made, pm sent.

didn't get a pm myself but that's ok as the person before me was being picked for by proxy but would suggest if possible to send one to the next person as it'll keep things flowing better.

Very Happy with Kane, solid starting point I can build around

pick made, pm sent.

didn't get a pm myself but that's ok as the person before me was being picked for by proxy but would suggest if possible to send one to the next person as it'll keep things flowing better.

Very Happy with Kane, solid starting point I can build around

Apologies BH, didn't even enter my mind to send a PM to you after posting Dáithí pick.

No worries dude, only mentioned it as we are in rd1 and it's best to get everyone in that habit early. Don't think it slowed us down any anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement