Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭billyhead

PARlance wrote: »
    He's fairly testing my support, I have to admit.

At the very minimum, he should have the Lukaku money spent this January. Now, he may be saying that behind closed doors... but I wouldn't bet on it.

If he doesn't make 1 or 2 things happen this window, I'll probably be for changing.

He should be demanding signings from the board. He comes across as a yes man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ElChe32 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/RobDawsonESPN/status/1215574155934019584?s=20

Won't be holding my breath on any ****in' signings.
    billyhead wrote: »

He does but I'm sure he doesn't want to rock the boat. Dream job n all that and I'm firmly in the Ole Out side.

It's penny pinching from the Glazers and EW, as much as I'd love signings to happen, I genuinely don't think there will be any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He should and he may be doing so, behind closed doors. I wouldn't necessarily expect or want him to be doing so publicly.

It's probably more hope than expectation that he's demanding it for me at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Ole is an absolute wet dream for Ed..........club legend so despite the terrible results a large section of the fan base won't react........Ole is happy to feed the tripe about waiting till the right player comes available so lack of signings seems like following a dedicated direction, which if the window goes as a lot here thinks it will, will mean 3 signings in 3 windows, 3 signings!!!!.......Ole again happy to harp on about the "United Way" and create a narrative for a seeming progression of team when in fact it's just BS, do Liverpool have a "Liverpool Way", do Barcelona have a "Barcelona Way", do Juventus have a "Juventus Way"? But the loyal fan base lap it up!!

Ole could be one of Ed's greatest master-strokes..........for all the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

PARlance wrote: »
    At the very minimum, he should have the Lukaku money spent this January.

I'd say that money's long gone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

RobertKK wrote: »
    Bruno Fernandes rumours again, maybe more likely this time as he is having another good season, and United are rather crap...

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1215574166159740929?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Doesn't matter what happens this transfer window, the club is a **** show. If they were serious about strengthening in January the home work and foot work would of been done and the players signed already. Nearly the middle of January and still all we are getting is rumours. Time to stop kidding ourselves and call out the club out for what it is a joke of a siht show of the highest order. Time for hoping we can make the Europa league spot is over for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Surely nobody expected any signings?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

• Surely nobody expected any signings?

What annoys me is the company lines he continues to puke out of his mouth
    A puppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If we're still going to watch a player in order to evaluate them in the first week of January then we are not signing that player anytime soon. Deals don't happen that quickly.

Mike and Ole were probably on a golfing trip with Ed to the Algarve is all to make it appear like the club is "active" in the market. Nice cheap Easyjet flight from MAN>Faro.

Remember when we used to take the piss out of Phelan for only being Fergie's "yes" man? Well Ole is another level for Ed.

Two pieces of good news, Maguire injury not as bad might even be named in the squad for Norwich. Better news lingard sick again and definitely won't play.

Wouldn't it be nice though to go nuts, and say, not risk aggravating Maguire's injury and let him sit this one out anyway?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Thinking same myself. Some big ones coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Pogba seemingly rushed back from "injury" to come on as a sub in 2 games, one we were chasing and one we were comfortably winning, and aggrevates injury resulting in surgery, that was advised by "his people"!

Maguire injured during game, not subbed off, plays next game and seemingly aggrevates injury with talk of being out for weeks. Fast forward a couple of days and Ole says he may be back ion squad for weekend.

For a manager that used the excuse many times last season that the team wasn't fit enough, the fitness decisions and injury situations leave a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What annoys me is the company lines he continues to puke out of his mouth
    A puppet

He’s doing worse than his predecessor. The fact he’s not been fired yet comes down to the fact he’s not got the same attitude. In other words, if he actually grew a set and called out Woodward, he’d be sacked on the spot. He was hired specifically because he wouldn’t throw the same fits over the circumstances that Jose did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I actually miss a bit of LVG craziness from our manager at this stage.

RasTa wrote: »

LVG would play a Paddy McNair, a bit like how Ole played Williams, actually that doesn't work.

A character

AnimatedPleasedAnkole-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,353 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I actually think the current front 3, with a better attacker than James maybe, would have done well in his system. Of course you have 2 players there who overlap but for all his faults, Martial has shown this season that when he gets chances he can finish and Rashford has made a very big step too.

Greenwood, Martial and Rashford as an interchangeable front 3 I would like to see tried out properly in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »

Right, and a month ago he was fawning and guffawing over Erling Haland to the press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Wouldn't it be nice though to go nuts, and say, not risk aggravating Maguire's injury and let him sit this one out anyway?

It would be very nice.

Though have you seen the current alternative?

Right, and a month ago he was fawning and guffawing over Erling Haland to the press.

And if Bruno moves somewhere else, they'll start briefing we never had any interest, we pulled out, etc, etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

xtal191 wrote: »

I saw on Twitter he also got about €10 million in shares. Great work if you can get it:

https://twitter.com/TFWriter/status/1215006528815673345

Portuguese press (yes, yes, I know) saying the Sporting president is in manchester to talk about a Bruno deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Portuguese press (yes, yes, I know) saying the Sporting president is in manchester to talk about a Bruno deal.

Cue Bruno Fernandes in the Eitihad stands the weekend

He must be either stoned, stone mad or thinking of retirement if he's coming to us.

v3ttel wrote: »
    It would be very nice.

Though have you seen the current alternative?

Oh I know but I would actually forego it and play anyone there, play ****ing matic there for the one game. Surely tuanzebe is getting close to game time anyway or Michael Carrick can get registered in time. It's not Barcelona we playing, should see most of the ball :)

I'd play wan bissaka there actually I think he would be great as a CB but probably in a 3 rather than a 2. I said during the summer it was his rumoured replacement Aaron's we should have been targeting and though I'm happy with how he has done, defensively he has been excellent but his offensive output is as expected. I'm hoping with coaching it will improve but I don't have faith in the current coaching team to do it.

Oh I know but I would actually forego it and play anyone there, play ****ing matic there for the one game. Surely tuanzebe is getting close to game time anyway or Michael Carrick can get registered in time. It's not Barcelona we playing, should see most of the ball :)

I'd play wan bissaka there actually I think he would be great as a CB but probably in a 3 rather than a 2. I said during the summer it was his rumoured replacement Aaron's we should have been targeting and though I'm happy with how he has done, defensively he has been excellent but his offensive output is as expected. I'm hoping with coaching it will improve but I don't have faith in the current coaching team to do it.

I think he's done well when he actually gets into position to attack. He's not going to be inverted and run inside James so needs to look for the overlap more. James playing as a defensive winger doesn't help I'm sure but a bit more adventurous play from him would yield dividends imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It looked and smelled like a brief last summer when we didn’t sign Fernandes and there were anonymous quotes doing the rounds that he gave the ball away too much etc

Kind of embarrassing if we sign him now, but hey I’m desperate and the club are too, it’s too late for pride.

We need a creative player, he can’t possibly be any worse than Martial, James, Lingard or Mata can he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Without wanting to defend Phil Jones I think the thread is again going overboard on its scapegoating.

No, we don't need to play Matic or Carrick in central defence, no we don't need to play AWB there. Phil Jones is not the anti-christ, he is a perfectly capable defender and it shouldn't even be a debate that he comes into the side this weekend rather than risking Maguire at home to Norwich.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Simon Stone just RT'd this. Not sure why I do this to myself but I'm excited now. Hope that kills you.

https://twitter.com/richaskam/status/1215723107744473091?s=20

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/1215726261395431424

If Stone is restarting it, this has legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Fernandes would be a quality signing but just like Maguire should've been bought the previous summer, Bruno should've been brought in last summer and maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

DM_7 wrote: »
    I take your point, I just think the club ****ed up in the past by setting a precedent/example, Sanchez leading to Herrera demands, Herrera vanishing when his contract was in the air leads to Young (allegedly) saying he does not want to play and trying to force a move.

I think the club need to be strong about doing things on their terms.

Sanchez's contract had nothing to do with Herrera leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

tenor.gif

Thats the only Bruno we are likely to sign.

Y’all want muppet mode?

Bruno said recently only Spurs approached him in the summer.

In other words, Poch really liked him.

*rubs chin*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,142 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Best case he probably agree's to join in the summer that'll help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nope not believing this at all

Please be true

beno619 wrote: »
    Sanchez's contract had nothing to do with Herrera leaving.

It influenced his wage request just like it did De Gea's.

If he's joining to play the same role that Lingard/Pereira/Mata have been playing this season without a change of tactics then I'm not sure if it's going to change much. They get very few touches a game despite being in a position that should be the fulcrum of the attack. Maybe he can demand the ball more but the position in the tactical setup is clearly more of a problem than the players there (who have also been admittedly shíte)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If this transfer happens I will be somewhat happy but more so annoyed it’s coming 6 months too late. Typical United. This is like when they draw or lose games against awful teams and then beat City and Spurs, it just annoys me more about the bad games.

I’ll be honest though if they somehow pulled off this transfer and found a way to follow through on the Reuben Neves rumours then I’d be flabbergasted.

A midfield choice of Pogba, Fernandes, Neves, McTominay, Fred. Sign me up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wonder is that Pogba gone though even in summer?

Great signing if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Wonder is that Pogba gone though even in summer?

Great signing if true.

Hopefully. Id take Fernandes now, a player like Neves, and possibly Grealish or Maddison in the Summer partly paid for by a Pogba sale.

I’ve never been anti-Pogba but the circus around him is irritating so I’d love to see it end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Liam O wrote: »
    If he's joining to play the same role that Lingard/Pereira/Mata have been playing this season without a change of tactics then I'm not sure if it's going to change much. They get very few touches a game despite being in a position that should be the fulcrum of the attack. Maybe he can demand the ball more but the position in the tactical setup is clearly more of a problem than the players there (who have also been admittedly shíte)

Bruno in the team instead of Lingard won’t change much....? Really, you honestly think that? I really have to believe it will!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

GSPfan wrote: »
    If this transfer happens I will be somewhat happy but more so annoyed it’s coming 6 months too late. Typical United. This is like when they draw or lose games against awful teams and then beat City and Spurs, it just annoys me more about the bad games.

I’ll be honest though if they somehow pulled off this transfer and found a way to follow through on the Reuben Neves rumours then I’d be flabbergasted.

A midfield choice of Pogba, Fernandes, Neves, McTominay, Fred. Sign me up for that.

Be nothing wrong with them options,

But I refuse to get excited about any transfers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Talks for the transfer of Bruno Fernandes to United are said to be "well underway".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement