Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Various accounts on Twitter are saying that Tierney dislocated his shoulder and could be having surgery, which would rule him out for 3 months. What a disaster if true. Who else other than Kolasinac can play left back now? Maitland-Niles has a few times before, but it’s not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Various accounts on Twitter are saying that Tierney dislocated his shoulder and could be having surgery, which would rule him out for 3 months. What a disaster if true. Who else other than Kolasinac can play left back now? Maitland-Niles has a few times before, but it’s not ideal.

Kolasinac has improved recently. It's not ideal, but not panic stations by any means imo. We're shorter at right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Oh yes I did. Thought it was poetic justice myself.

Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Oh yes I did. Thought it was poetic justice myself.

Maybe it's just me, but as far as I'm concerned, none of our players deserve harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Pepe hurt his knee too and is not travelling to Belgium (no loss). Hopefully he'll be back for City - he could really hurt them. James really got at the City defence last weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,365 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gscully wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but as far as I'm concerned, none of our players deserve harm.

Well players like Xhaka who are clearly afraid I have no time for.
    It wasn’t the first time he cowered out either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Well players like Xhaka who are clearly afraid I have no time for.
    It wasn’t the first time he cowered out either.

Hes a pussy. If a fella ducked out like that on a Sunday morning the whole team would chew him out of it. Xhaka is a pro... well supposed to be.

Hes a pussy. If a fella ducked out like that on a Sunday morning the whole team would chew him out of it. Xhaka is a pro... well supposed to be.

Saw a lad in Local league getting his nose broken when blocking a goal bound shot. He even refused to leave the field for treatment. Not even getting paid for it.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Not a nice comment to make about one of our own players

He ducked out of a challenge which led to a goal.
    He’s done it before.
    No time for that wimp

Did you say “good man Xhaka at the time”?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Xhaka is finished at the club. Needs to be gone. He doesn't have the mobility or most importantly commitment to be at the club. I don't want to see him hurt, I don't think him getting a concussion is justice. I just want him sold and a proper player bought instead who wants to be here and can do the job required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

All this new manager talk is funny, It's like a new man comes in and all will be well. Look at most managers in most clubs, they land in and it takes time to sort out the team in his image and then it may work or not. Klopp for example in his first 3/4 (quarter) season wasn't that great. It took time. None of this will be sorted this year, or maybe next. Get a manager in that has a plan and see what happens. The club could throw a fortune at players but that won't solve it. Building a league winning team takes years.

Xhaka with concussion??? It could work the opposite. It might actually make a player of him :pac:

On a serious note though, while its a serious condition and strictly from a human point of view I wish him a speedy recovery, he's no real loss to the team. Horrible reckless player with a chip on his shoulder. Sums up the insanity at Arsenal FC

Xhaka with concussion??? It could work the opposite. It might actually make a player of him :pac:

On a serious note though, while its a serious condition and strictly from a human point of view I wish him a speedy recovery, he's no real loss to the team. Horrible reckless player with a chip on his shoulder. Sums up the insanity at Arsenal FC

Have seen things like that happen before.
    Players pulling out of tackles, headers etc so as not to get injured and then something freakish happens like getting hit on the head by a ball that was going to someone else. It’s a kind of Karma. He’s only reckless when he slides into an opposing player, never does it any other way, always a sneaky slide in. Last Tuesday finished me with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Gnabry is ripping Spurs asunder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

emmetlego wrote: »
    Gnabry is ripping Spurs asunder!

He looks absolutely class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Early days for José but spurs look as sh1t as they’ve been all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Thought he injured his neck ducking out of the way.
    Wonder how he got the concussion?

Nothing to say on the fact that AMN turned away for westhams first goal? Or do you just have a hard on for xhaka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Bayern Munich started without a striker tonight and still scored 3 against Spurs.

Have seen things like that happen before.
    Players pulling out of tackles, headers etc so as not to get injured and then something freakish happens like getting hit on the head by a ball that was going to someone else. It’s a kind of Karma. He’s only reckless when he slides into an opposing player, never does it any other way, always a sneaky slide in. Last Tuesday finished me with him.

So you're saying he shouldn't get injured from getting hit with the ball, but should only get injured for going in for tackles and headers, but then say he's reckless going in for sliding tackles? I think you're hatred for xhaka has you talking nonsense

FixitFelix wrote: »
    So you're saying he shouldn't get injured from getting hit with the ball, but should only get injured for going in for tackles and headers, but then say he's reckless going in for sliding tackles? I think you're hatred for xhaka has you talking nonsense

I think you need to read it again ..... slowly.

• Advertisement

Nothing to say on the fact that AMN turned away for westhams first goal? Or do you just have a hard on for xhaka?

AMN is a very poor player who was playing out of position. He’s not a great player either. Have spoken about him before.
    Xhaka is the captain and supposed to be the leader but has previous episodes of yellow fever.

I'm not defending any other poster here, before anybody thinks I am. Xhaka was very poor the other night. Again. Some of his passing was ludicrous and some of his tackling wicked. He's not good enough for us. We don't have another midfielder who links the play between defence and attack like him though, but the other duties of the midfielder, he is very poor at. I never played the game as I'm quite old now and the ladies game was non existent in my time. But my hubby and all my sons play it. I've been at 1000's of coaching sessions and games, what he does is just so wrong. It's actually defying human logic. I've yet to speak to a coach or pro who disagrees with me. He has attributes that our team needs, but his faults are like those of Luiz and Mustafi, plain catastrophic.

I made a comment a good while back in jest about wishing a player got injured as he was so poor, ended up getting a ban because I used a slang word to describe the poster I was jousting with, so I'll be much more careful now. I don't wish actual harm, especially a head injury, to any of our current players, but I genuinely hope the club does it's level best to replace Xhaka this January along with a centre half. That's the minimum requirement. I don't care who is in charge, but this is the minimum.

AMN is a very poor player who was playing out of position. He’s not a great player either. Have spoken about him before.
    Xhaka is the captain and supposed to be the leader but has previous episodes of yellow fever.

Playing out if position is an excuse for turning your back?

I think you need to read it again ..... slowly.

I don't need to read it again, was a ridiculous comment first time round.

emmetlego wrote: »
    I'm not defending any other poster here, before anybody thinks I am. Xhaka was very poor the other night. Again. Some of his passing was ludicrous and some of his tackling wicked. He's not good enough for us. We don't have another midfielder who links the play between defence and attack like him though, but the other duties of the midfielder, he is very poor at. I never played the game as I'm quite old now and the ladies game was non existent in my time. But my hubby and all my sons play it. I've been at 1000's of coaching sessions and games, what he does is just so wrong. It's actually defying human logic. I've yet to speak to a coach or pro who disagrees with me. He has attributes that our team needs, but his faults are like those of Luiz and Mustafi, plain catastrophic.

I made a comment a good while back in jest about wishing a player got injured as he was so poor, ended up getting a ban because I used a slang word to describe the poster I was jousting with, so I'll be much more careful now. I don't wish actual harm, especially a head injury, to any of our current players, but I genuinely hope the club does it's level best to replace Xhaka this January along with a centre half. That's the minimum requirement. I don't care who is in charge, but this is the minimum.

All the players listed above are not good enough for Arsenal far from it, but some of the posts on here are becoming ridiculous.

I don't need to read it again, was a ridiculous comment first time round.

No your explanation of my post was ridiculous.
    You didn’t read it properly or else have literacy problems.

No your explanation of my post was ridiculous.
    You didn’t read it properly or else have literacy problems.

Neither of the above, I know exactly what your comment meant and it was ridiculous. Maybe you should read it back

Neither of the above, I know exactly what your comment meant and it was ridiculous. Maybe you should read it back

No you don’t. Tell the truth, you read it wrong and are not man enough to back out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

omega man wrote: »
    Early days for José but spurs look as sh1t as they’ve been all season.

Bit unfair on them given 2 of their starting 4 defenders haven’t played any proper football recently. Even Danny Rose hasn’t, so that’s 3.

Then you have Lo Celso and Sessegnon that have played f all either

No you don’t. Tell the truth, you read it wrong and are not man enough to back out.

If I was wrong I'd admit it but I'm not, and have no intentions of going round in circles with ye.

• Advertisement

If I was wrong I'd admit it but I'm not, and have no intentions of going round in circles with ye.

Try reading it again. Then you can come back and admit you were wrong, or just back away. I’ll understand.

Try reading it again. Then you can come back and admit you were wrong, or just back away. I’ll understand.

Is there an echo in here?

Is there an echo in here?

It’s a reverberation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

The bar is closed, go home and relax.

Seriously, folks tomorrow is a new day, no need to get yourself banned for a silly argument :)

That escalated quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

New Thread same old same old , we should be all together supporting the team lads not constantly bickering

New Thread same old same old , we should be all together supporting the team lads not constantly bickering

Indeed but we have to be allowed dissect a performance and offer opinions.
    As long as we don’t breach the charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ill lose all faith if the club bring in Ancelotti. Would remind me of the Luiz signing in the summer, bringing in a manager thats a good half decade past his best and not changing from that status quo. We need an authoritarian figure as our next manager, somebody thats going to get this bunch of under achievers disciplined and getting the best out of them, especially our defenders.

We need to go back to basics and start from the back and make this team hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Really hope we can get a win tonight. Would be good after all the sh1t recently if we could top the group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ill lose all faith if the club bring in Ancelotti. Would remind me of the Luiz signing in the summer, bringing in a manager thats a good half decade past his best and not changing from that status quo. We need an authoritarian figure as our next manager, somebody thats going to get this bunch of under achievers disciplined and getting the best out of them, especially our defenders.

We need to go back to basics and start from the back and make this team hard to beat.

I agree and the Ornacle says the club are not interested Ancelotti thankfully
    David Ornstein
    @David_Ornstein

Fluid/changeable but current sense:
    - Arsenal want situation settled asap but right man over quick decision
    - If No1 pick available, gets done
    - If available in summer, FL holds fort
    - If No1 pick unclear, FL holds fort + has chance to impress
    - #AFC not seeking Ancelotti profile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I think it's between Arteta and Vieira personally. Out of the two I'd prefer Arteta but it's a big risk for any ex player.

I allways wanted Pep, I'm hoping Arteta has learned enough and in a few years we could be the new English Barca :)

Ok in an optimist, but we've always had that European flair and Arteta may, just may unlock that.

I think it's between Arteta and Vieira personally. Out of the two I'd prefer Arteta but it's a big risk for any ex player.

I allways wanted Pep, I'm hoping Arteta has learned enough and in a few years we could be the new English Barca :)

Ok in an optimist, but we've always had that European flair and Arteta may, just may unlock that.

I read somewhere that Arteta was contemplating a move to the US as his wife and kids are there. She is an actress.
    Don’t know if he’s the man for Arsenal anyway. He seems too easy going for us and as someone else already said, we need a disciplinarian who will change the culture.

I read somewhere that Arteta was contemplating a move to the US as his wife and kids are there. She is an actress.
    Don’t know if he’s the man for Arsenal anyway. He seems too easy going for us and as someone else already said, we need a disciplinarian who will change the culture.

Not sure about his wife but I agree on the disciplinarian, I suspect Edu is heavily involved in this and is be amazed if its a not an ex arsenal man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Ye boys are on virgin media two for free.
    Program starting 530 early kickoff.

I don't mind arsenal either way I only hope rangers loose for the sake of humanity...

Just on a separate note, for those on Twitter or frequent the Gunners Pub, @thegoonerholic is back in hospital and it's terminal. All round good guy, lifetime fan, gentleman.

I'm not a religious guy but delighted to see the club and Freddie send messages, give him a thought today lads if ye get a moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Just on a separate note, for those on Twitter or frequent the Gunners Pub, @thegoonerholic is back in hospital and it's terminal. All round good guy, lifetime fan, gentleman.

I'm not a religious guy but delighted to see the club and Freddie send messages, give him a thought today lads if ye get a moment.

I had seen this last night and was taken aback. I only knew him from twitter but he always seemed a genuine gentleman. Well spoken, well learned and a true diehard Gooner. Heart warming to see the club and Freddie personally send well wishes and I hope should the worst occur we can get a minute silence for him in the ground.

correction wrote: »
    I had seen this last night and was taken aback. I only knew him from twitter but he always seemed a genuine gentleman. Well spoken, well learned and a true diehard Gooner. Heart warming to see the club and Freddie personally send well wishes and I hope should the worst occur we can get a minute silence for him in the ground.

Thanks, known him in the Gunners for 20 years, thought he'd beaten in in November but alas. The club responding shows me were not totally lost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wonder is there still a chance we get poch

Wonder is there still a chance we get poch

Can't see it and he also seems to have a clause that he pays back the £12m severance if he jobs another prem club this year and I definitely can't see us paying that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gringo180 wrote: »

Gobsmacked at this take. A half decade past his best? Ancelotti has gotten the better of Klopp twice in the space of 12 months. Would be an excellent addition for any Premier League side and would do everything you claim there to want to see happen at Arsenal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement