Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Bit harsh on hazard. What is the deal with playing midfield that are muck for a few games. It was matic last season.
    Really hope some players can stand out against Norwich and get in the team.

Hazards score 1 goal in the last 5 weeks.

Morata has 3 goals in the last 6 or 7 weeks.

At the level youre expecting of these players thats beyond pathetic.

The CM is a huge issue, we bought Bakayoko, Conte wanted him, hes been sh*t.

We bought Drinkwater,dont think Conte wanteds him and hes been sh*t.

We've got Barkley now, Conte probably doesnt want him, so its up to him, if we play a 3 man CM the role is his.

I nearly forgot Cesc who Conte doesnt want to play in a 2 man CM either.

The clubs buying policy is a joke.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Real lost again so if hazard sold it be for over 120 million. buy a nice few strikers.

Hes worth more than Coutinho so i wouldnt sell him for anything under 200m

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I don't agree that Drinkwater has been ****, he plays the role well. Poor output ain't down to him.

We need to be keeping Hazard and surrounding him with more quality. If he had better players around him, his numbers would be better. Morata looks burnt out.

- Manager sacked
    - New manager brings success
    - New manager doesn't get the targets he wants
    - Bad results
    - New manager sacked
    - Repeat

Chelsea 101 above

GavRedKing wrote: »
    - Manager sacked
    - New manager brings success
    - New manager doesn't get the targets he wants
    - Bad results
    - New manager sacked
    - Repeat

Chelsea 101 above

Well that's it really. You can even tell Conte is pissed about not going for Sanchez. We will probably make a token bid for him once his deal is agreed with whoever he ends up with. Typical Chess

One thing that bewilders me is why he has to play Kante as the sitting midfielder of the 3. Our best game this season was Athletico away, 352 with Bakayoko the sitting midfielder and Kante B2B. I think he wants Baka for the b2b role long term, but so far his touch, passing, everything really is letting him down (he actually gets into good positions too). That's much less evident playing the middle of them, where he is just breaking up play and starting attacks. Kante is wasted in this formation and Baka is not played to his strengths. I was genuinely excited about the swap of formation then, Hazard was a monster when he was played up front at first. Now he's gone too sh*te.

Hazard and Morata are nowhere near on the same page as he was with Costa even though Moratas a better footballer in that regard.

Hazard tries stupid flicks all the time and it's frustrating they don't work enough. He at his best when he's driving at people

Remember when Bakayoko was gonna be the next Essien, good times. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Remember when Bakayoko was gonna be the next Essien, good times. :o

I specifically remember people on the chelsea reddit being pissed at us selling Chalobah for a pitance and bringing him in 40m

He looked good against Spurs but since................

• Advertisement

I specifically remember people on the chelsea reddit being pissed at us selling Chalobah for a pitance and bringing him in 40m

He looked good against Spurs but since................

He's had a handful of decent games but he's had many more poor or utter tripe games.

He'll need time to adapt to what Conte wants of him but it could well be a new manager next season anyway. :o

One thing I don't think helps is twats posting constantly on players social media when they have a bad game. It's something I've noticed has been increasing a good bit this year. Bakayoko the madman likes all the posts calling him ****e, at least he has a sense of humour :0

Alvaro Morata has scored 3 goals in his last 16 games.

Fernando Morata Torres :o

I wonder is RlC thinking he has a chance to get into the team watching Drinkwater and Bakayoko stink the place up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

I wonder is RlC thinking he has a chance to get into the team watching Drinkwater and Bakayoko stink the place up.

he is injured again as was not on the bench today or last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I said after the Arsenal game that hazard can piss off to Madrid and all I got in here was a gunner with an axe to grind ridicule me. I'd be more than happy to keep him if I could be sure he wanted to be here but on today's evedance I'm not too sure he wants to be.
    Bakayoko hazard and rudiger were in my mind the worst performers today, every time rudiger was on the ball in our own half my heart was in my mouth. He just couldn't handle mahrez.
    I've seen some **** games at Stamford bridge over the years with the Burnley game being the most recent until today but at least after the Burnley game there were the positives of morata coming on and scoring his first and at least showing some fight in the second half but today was different. I've never heard the Matthew Harding boo the team until today.
    It's incredibly frustrating that we don't seem to be in for any top players to improve the situation, why does anyone thing there is absolutely no news linking us with a deal for Sanchez?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Lukker- wrote: »
    One thing I don't think helps is twats posting constantly on players social media when they have a bad game. It's something I've noticed has been increasing a good bit this year. Bakayoko the madman likes all the posts calling him ****e, at least he has a sense of humour :0
    Tbo gave an interview with Chelsea TV yesterday and basically reiterated this point. Said the booing was unnecessary and unwarranted. I can only imagine that echos the rest of the squad.

We need to buy big, attract some world class players, show some ambition. It's just ****e that the club seem content with being Champions one season, then falling off the wagon completely the next.

There's not one single inkling coming from the Bridge that there's any ambition for long term success, domestically or in Europe.

At least Arsenal didn't make up any ground on us.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    At least Arsenal didn't make up any ground on us.
    Hopefully City can do us a favour, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Johann. wrote: »
    It's just ****e that the club seem content with being Champions one season, then falling off the wagon completely the next.

I'd bite your hand off for a scenario like that. It'd do me just fine.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd bite your hand off for a scenario like that. It'd do me just fine.

Whatever about it being fine, you're right winning the title every 2nd year is a big achievement

But if you're not actively trying to win every year what's the point?

Whatever about it being fine, you're right winning the title every 2nd year is a big achievement

But if you're not actively trying to wiin every year what's the point?

Well every other year would be the point.

Well every other year would be the point.
    That's fine & if we can, well and good. However, why can't we be looking at dominating English football? Pushing on in Europe, challenge the likes of Barca, Madrid etc.

4th place here we come.

Johann. wrote: »
    That's fine & if we can, well and good. However, why can't we be looking at dominating English football? Pushing on in Europe, challenge the likes of Barca, Madrid etc.

Because they spend hundreds of millions of euros on players and aren't building a fukc off great big new stadium.

• Advertisement

Because they spend hundreds of millions of euros on players and aren't building a fukc off great big new stadium.

It'd be nice to be given you're stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

4th place here we come.

Would take that now we are in a bit of a mess.

There just seems to be an air of despondency around us which is eating away at us. We have been champions 2 out of the past 3 years it is really difficult to understand why we allow that to happen.

But then we look at the back pages United and City linked with one of the best players out there and one will end up with him - we are linked with Andy Carroll. No disrespect to Carroll I am sure his mother loves him and he is kind to horses but where is the ambition?

We have been looking for a top class left back by all accounts Sandro is up for sale and we are haggling over the price. There was a time when we were struggling we would make a statement buy Torres or Luiz or Matic, seems the statement we are making now is we are following the Arsenal plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

The way our midfield is playing lately, Barkley will need to be the second coming of Lampard himself to kick us out of this slump. Back 3 are fine, moses and alonso offering too little, Morata has been poor for a couple of months with no pressure from Michy, Hazards back is getting sore... The midfield 3 just isn't working, Kante is a machine and then he has a static Fab who's forgotten his passing and Bakayoko looking ever bit like a younger quicker mikel (no compliment).

We need Conte to work some real magic or the board to contribute meaningfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

I suspect Conte has just lost heart and so is not driving the team on. He probably thought after last season he would be backed to the hilt this year in the market but is now seeing the real workings of the club.

He has probably decided to move on. Hopefully if he does, its him that gets to pull the trigger and not the club. This would be a first under Abramovichs rule and might force us to rethink the way we operate.

The club has forever f**ked up after winning a title.

Jose retained the title in his second season because we had one of the best GKs in the world, the best defensive unit in Europe, a powerful midfield, dangerous wingers and Drogba upfront.

The team ddint need much and we powered to a 2nd title, it was only until the 3rd season did Fergie catch up with us.

Conte drove this team to success last year and was rewarded with Drinkwater and very nearly Barkley on the last day of the window after missing out on Sandro and Llorente.

It seems to be, manager picks who he wants, club trys, fails and then the club chase their own targets from what the scouts have suggested.

Chelsea will rarely buy established stars, we go for the buy young with re-sale value or the elite teams cast offs.

The frustrating thing is if Conte does go in the summer and I suspect he will, the next manager will probably win the league within 3 years, not get backed ion the window and get fired 12months later. :pac:

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    I suspect Conte has just lost heart and so is not driving the team on. He probably thought after last season he would be backed to the hilt this year in the market but is now seeing the real workings of the club.

He has probably decided to move on. Hopefully if he does, its him that gets to pull the trigger and not the club. This would be a first under Abramovichs rule and might force us to rethink the way we operate.

I suspect you are right his heart has gone, just think we have gone from Drogba, Lamps and Essian to perhaps Carroll, Drinkwater and Bakayoko - heads should really roll and not Conte's

I suspect you are right his heart has gone, just think we have gone from Drogba, Lamps and Essian to perhaps Carroll, Drinkwater and Bakayoko - heads should really roll and not Conte's

Banter FC. :pac:

Messi is going to have a field day against us in the CL.

Our best hope is to deploy Kante to stick with him all game, even if hes taking a pi*s.

If we sign Andy Carroll I'm supporting Man City.

So far ee've lost or drawn games that last year, with a similar squad, we strolled.

Burnley at home, Palace away, West Ham away, Arsenal home and away, Everton away, Leicester at home.

Thats 21 points we should have won, instead we took 4 points from those 7 games.

4 f**king points out of 21 that was on offer.

That stat is disgraceful consdiering none of those games were, on paper, all that difficult, Burnley, Palace and West Ham should have been gimmes, we were seriously unlucky against Arsenal and Everton away. We were poor against Arsenal at home and we deserevd to lose against Leicester the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

So far ee've lost or drawn games that last year, with a similar squad, we strolled.

Burnley at home, Palace away, West Ham away, Arsenal home and away, Everton away, Leicester at home.

Thats 21 points we should have won, instead we took 4 points from those 7 games.

4 f**king points out of 21 that was on offer.

That stat is disgraceful consdiering none of those games were, on paper, all that difficult, Burnley, Palace and West Ham should have been gimmes, we were seriously unlucky against Arsenal and Everton away. We were poor against Arsenal at home and we deserevd to lose against Leicester the other day.

Real Madrid seriously crap at the moment also. Lost at home again over the weekend. I wonder if their interest in Hazard/Courtois will harden because of this. Could unsettle us even more.

bullpost wrote: »
    Real Madrid seriously crap at the moment also. Lost at home again over the weekend. I wonder if their interest in Hazard/Courtois will harden because of this. Could unsettle us even more.

Ya that league is done, Barca are the best side in Europe this year by some distance, IMO.

Theyre relentless, theyre unbeaten in all comps, City and PSG have lost 2 each I think.

Im not even bothered about Hazard TBH, hes mercurial but hes not consistent enough in scoring goals or setting others up, although I still think thats because we're playing 352.

Its Tbo id be more worried about replacing right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

f*ck sake , i was thinking it was quiet in the other place :)

Some stats from the old thread : https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2057666967

I post on Boards way too much, although I think its less than recent years.

i made the champions league , i'll take that

we are on BBC and BT live on weds night

sky away to brighton early game on saturday

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »

Mid Table obscurity for me, even M!Ck^ is above me ffs.

f*ck sake , i was thinking it was quiet in the other place :)

No getting away from me, Mondays are for rants

I feel bad but then I look at Arsenal and think it could be worse. :o

You're on duty so for the Barca game in February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

we are on BBC and BT live on weds night

sky away to brighton early game on saturday

BBC One

West Ham dont want to loan Carroll, hopefully thats enough to put off Chelsea, who seem to be taking this Carroll business serious.

I cant for the life of me see why the board would want a CF like Carroll, hes useless. He was alright for a few months at Newcastle, went to Liverpool for insane money, failed miserably, went to West Ham and has been inujured for the large part of 5 years.

Hes managed 10 goals or more in all comps twice since turning professional, twice. :pac:

We'd be better off bringing Drogba in for a 3rd stint than going after Carroll.

Taking Abraham back from #Swansea makes more sense than trying to sign Andy f**king Carroll. :o

No point looking for sense Gav we let Marco van Ginkel go on loan to PSV - 19 games 12 goals this season so far.

We have Drinkwater and Bakayoko.

That is not to mention Chalobah or RLC

Don't look for sense there is none - joined up thinking and Chelsea do not go hand in hand.

Its grand when it works, but when it goes to pot, it looks an utter shambles.

I'd welcome Rafa back faster than I would Andy Carroll. :o

I do hope that Conte rings the changes for Norwich.

8 or 9 changes would be nice, keep the senior players fresh for the league.

Big willy
    Azp Ampadu Rudiger
    Zappa Barkley Drinkwater Kenedy
    Willian Michy Musonda

Cahill wasnt training today so hes not going to feature Wednesday, could be a doubt for the league game at the weekend too, away to Brighton I believe.

• Advertisement

Cahill wasnt training today so hes not going to feature Wednesday, could be a doubt for the league game at the weekend too, away to Brighton I believe.

not all bad news so :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement