Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Might mean Silvestri is on his way out, only him and Doukara left from the sicknote six...at least the latter has redeemed himself

All these positive announcements....where's that cloud for all the silver linings?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Might mean Silvestri is on his way out, only him and Doukara left from the sicknote six...at least the latter has redeemed himself

All these positive announcements....where's that cloud for all the silver linings?!

Oh wait till they get out on the pitch!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »
    Felix Wiedwald signed from Bremen. Sounds like money was spent.

I heard 4-500k mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

New Jersey out on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭championc

Decent start to pre-season 4-2 win over Harrogate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Few players in the team that I've even forgotten about - Erwin and Diagourara. Team looks to need a few reinforcements over the next few weeks. Will be happy if we keep Wood anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

A center half is a must. It doesn't look like Bartley will be allowed leave Swansea so we need to get someone in soon who can fill his boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    A center half is a must. It doesn't look like Bartley will be allowed leave Swansea so we need to get someone in soon who can fill his boots.

user-images%2F60%2F60aa0f9ace071e5172ed59f65b453b79.jpg

:P aye he's back but hopefully not for long!

Isn't part of the idea of going out on loan, is to come back as a better player ?????

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Isn't part of the idea of going out on loan, is to come back as a better player ?????

Think he'd have secured a move home by now if he'd improved. Diagouraga started as a CB yesterday. I'd have more hope of him being a good squad CB than Belluci. Vurnon Naita linked today. Free agent and Phil Hay confirming it's a possibility. Would be happy with that from the little I've seen of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

New Jersey is lovely but old school skin tight kappa , I'm off to the bargain alerts thread to look for cheap gym membership :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

New Jersey is lovely but old school skin tight kappa , I'm off to the bargain alerts thread to look for cheap gym membership :)

Ah but they've a relaxed fit one too, so all is not lost! Never mind the gym :P

Anita has just been confirmed !!! Great signing, versatile and quick full Dutch international

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

So Charlie Taylor has left the club, but doesn't say where, anyone know ?

tfer wrote: »
    So Charlie Taylor has left the club, but doesn't say where, anyone know ?

Massive club ..........Burnley

Just seen the new kit, I like that it's basically old-school plain white although I'm not sure about the gold writing/logos. But I really hate that Kappa logo all the way down the sides, it completely ruins it.

Zaph wrote: »
    Just seen the new kit, I like that it's basically old-school plain white although I'm not sure about the gold writing/logos. But I really hate that Kappa logo all the way down the sides, it completely ruins it.

There may have been some input into the jersey by our old boss.....

swansea-home-kit-garry-monk.jpg

Howson off to Boro by the looks of things :(

Would have loved to have him back, but probably driven by nostalgia more than anything. I still remember going mental for this

He is 29 though and we're not exactly short of midfielders!

• Advertisement

Yeah like that purple, initially I thought yes, would love to have him back, but since then I've been thinking that our signings are probably better buys and I think Howsons best days might be behind him.

We can get better for less money

Deal agreed for Samuel Saiz from Huesca in the Spanish second division. Seems to be an attacking midfielder - 12 goals and 8 assists in 42 games last season.

Also linked to loan deals for Ryan Kent from Liverpool (tore us apart at Oakwell last season) and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson from them

Hopefully a few more additions before the squad is finalised for the tour to Austria. As much as I like Berardi, still need a proper LB, a couple of CBs, and another striker to take some of the burden off Wood.

Seems strange that we gave Pablo Hernandez a deal. We're oozing mids now so someone will have to go - either on loan or permanently.

Newcastles' success last season was largely built ona fairly stable, week in, week out, midfield.

You just wonder now as to how long it will take Christiansen to decide who his starters will be ?

Deal agreed for Samuel Saiz from Huesca in the Spanish second division. Seems to be an attacking midfielder - 12 goals and 8 assists in 42 games last season.

Also linked to loan deals for Ryan Kent from Liverpool (tore us apart at Oakwell last season) and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson from them

Hopefully a few more additions before the squad is finalised for the tour to Austria. As much as I like Berardi, still need a proper LB, a couple of CBs, and another striker to take some of the burden off Wood.

The striker seems to be Caleb Ekuban. A 23yo reserve from Chievo who was on loan to the Albanian division last year. Big, fast Italian/Ghanaian lad with a far from impressive record but hopefully one of the scouting team knows inside info.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-close-to-deal-for-chievo-striker-ekuban-1-8642137

You would have thought Erwin had more to offer than that lad! He certainly doesn't sound like someone ready to challenge Wood for a starting place.

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    You would have thought Erwin had more to offer than that lad! He certainly doesn't sound like someone ready to challenge Wood for a starting place.

Like Erwin myself too. Think he'll be cheap anyway and if he works out then great and if not it's not a lot lost. Already have Erwin/Douks/Antonsson as lower quality reserves tho. Would love Assambolonga or whatever his name is.

Roofe is there too.

I've never seen Erwin, did he even get anywhere near the first team squad before he was on loan?

I've never seen Erwin, did he even get anywhere near the first team squad before he was on loan?

I think Erwin was a straight Buy

Caleb Ekuban confirmed on a 4 year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Erwin has only played about a dozen games for Leeds and has yet to score. Seems to have done OK at Oldham last season and was their top scorer. I don't think he's good enough to be a like for like replacement for Wood, but looks like he's a tall guy so he might be handy coming off the bench if we're trying for a late goal from a set piece.

I think Erwin was a straight Buy

I meant before he went out on loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Great to see LUFC doing their business so early. Gives time for the new lads to gel and fit into the system. It does appear we are very midfield heavy so guess there will be a few more go out and a few defenders come in too.

Optimism is rising...

Optimism is rising...

Stop that! :mad:

Alioski looking confirmed. It's been reported that

His agent Andrenacci posted a message along with his photo, writing: "Big Friend @gjanni.alioski good luck for your new adventure in @leedsunited we see you soon."

The image was 'liked' by Alioski, a further sign that a move to Leeds is imminent.

Great to see the attacking options being improved

Still a big Kyle Bartley shaped hole at CB :(

Still a big Kyle Bartley shaped hole at CB :(

+1

Club looking to get rid of Bellusci according to Phil Hay...the only option really, a divisive and toxic character

Season ticket sales over 17,000 already and set for a record number. Multiplying by the adult price of £536 gives income of over £9.1m and even allowing a lower total due to senior/junior/disabled tickets that's a serious wedge of cash!

So a 2 - 0 win over North Ferriby tonight with the goals from Antonsson and Roofe.

The worrying part is that Antonsson missed so many decent chances so he won't have done much to impress the boss.

So a 2 - 0 win over North Ferriby tonight with the goals from Antonsson and Roofe.

The worrying part is that Antonsson missed so many decent chances so he won't have done much to impress the boss.

Roofe scored a belter so one bright spark there but they really were against por opposition and should've had a bucketload. Nice to see the Limerick lad Paudie O'Connor getting a good run out in pre-season. May be a contender for subs bench yet this season. Madger Gomes getting a lot of time so far too considering he's just for the development squad. Squad for Austria trip will let us know if either is really on the fringes.

Roofe goal:
    https://twitter.com/WALM0T33/status/885438207181107200

Erwin has been told he can find another club, so we can rule him out as back up to Wood next season.

• Advertisement

You certainly can't accuse TC of hanging around! I just hope he knows what he's doing here as our squad for next season is looking like it could be quite different from the one that finished last. I haven't seen enough of Erwin to know if that is a good call or not but looking purely at their records to date I would have thought he was a better bet than the lad they brought in who looks very unproven.

Another incoming in 10 minutes..Christ above!

We'll be back in administration in no time if they keep spending all this money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Shlippery wrote: »

We'll be back in administration in no time if they keep spending all this money :P

I hope it's a defender!

I'm just looking forward to the new fish tanks arriving.

DONE DEAL: Leeds sign Ezgjan Alioski from Lugano on a four year deal. Undisclosed fee.

Alioski confirmed

Really upping their social media game since Radz took over. Loving them getting the new signings to do the Leeds salute. The sense of bond between fans and players/owner hasn't been this strong as long as I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Really upping their social media game since Radz took over. Loving them getting the new signings to do the Leeds salute. The sense of bond between fans and players/owner hasn't been this strong as long as I can remember.

Not since the Ken Bates era anyway.

They even had a cheesy new signing video that all the other cool clubs are doing.

It's the new "in" thing! The mood is good. Roll on the new season!

• Advertisement

If only we made Swansea an offer which was too good to refuse. What a pity it wasn't a loan to buy deal. #bartleycomehome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement