Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

At least reserve some judgement here surely. A big name isn't a guarantee of anything. It could go badly, or could go the way of Wagner at Huddersfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Exactly Mushy, as I said, his record in the Europa league last year looks good on the face of it. He's definitely a bit of an unknown quantity but we need to give him a chance.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »
    At least reserve some judgement here surely. A big name isn't a guarantee of anything. It could go badly, or could go the way of Wagner at Huddersfield.

To be fair, he can't be as bad as Hockaday or Milanic.

Zaph wrote: »
    To be fair, surely to God he can't be as bad as Hockaday or Milanic.

fixed that for you Zaph! :P

Zaph wrote: »
    To be fair, he can't be as bad as Hockaday or Milanic.

Too true! I'm just more interested as to what his style is. If it's similar to Monks at least it won't be a drastic change. If it's dull and turgid it'll make it worse.

I'm looking from Cellino to Radrizzani and back...can someone remind me again, what was the difference between Massimo and his sidekick supposed to be?

Apart from the obvious ie. this guy has less money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I thought he was great on 'The Word'

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

I do like the term manager and he is young and hungry with no ego. Hopefully he gets as much of a pre-season in as possible and adds a few bodies to the roster.

So AR's tweet was misleading too. He is officially head coach which fits in with director of football etc. I guess that ruled a lot of 'managers' out before interviews were even held.

I am reserving judgement but it's not the optimistic boost I was hoping for after losing Monk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So AR's tweet was misleading too. He is officially head coach which fits in with director of football etc. I guess that ruled a lot of 'managers' out before interviews were even held.

I am reserving judgement but it's not the optimistic boost I was hoping for after losing Monk.

Yep. Disappointing to see he's 'head coach'. False positives right now for me. Hopefully I'm totally wrong on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭championc

Christiansen officially unveiled earlier. Only points of any significance were

No players from his previous clubs being looked at.
    Orta says Christiansen has final say in all transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

championc wrote: »
    Christiansen officially unveiled earlier. Only points of any significance were

No players from his previous clubs being looked at.
    Orta says Christiansen has final say in all transfers

And Pep Clotet won't be staying. New backroom team coming with him from APOEL. One was a Middlesboro before with Victor Orta. Very boring unveiling and talk of working within our budgets and "hoping" that Wood will stay was very uninspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Coke-addled owners aside, aren't these unveilings and pressers usually pretty dull anyways? Nothing more than clichés and empty PR speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Didn't see the presser, but the title 'head coach' makes me immediately distrusting of the new owner. Would rather a straight up manager without being reminded of the back and forth of Cellino's 'head coaches' insisting they had full control over lineups etc before getting a rap on the knuckles or booted out. Still, was Darko the last non-British manager we had? Surely Christiansen can outdo him!

The role of "Manager" is becoming a dying breed.

Fixture list out today!

• Advertisement

And we're off....

Sunday 6th August
    Bolton Wanderers v Leeds United (4:30pm - live on Sky Sports)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/fixtures

At 4.30? Is that an odd time? Or will it be after community shield?

Anyone get the 7.30 flight back from Leeds airport after a game? Hard to make on time?

Anyone get the 7.30 flight back from Leeds airport after a game? Hard to make on time?

I am interested in this too, flights are 30 quid return for Preston on 12 August

I am interested in this too, flights are 30 quid return for Preston on 12 August

Up to 44 now. Still manageable. A taxi back to airport by 6 surely, easily make 7.30 I'd say.

• Advertisement

Up to 44 now. Still manageable. A taxi back to airport by 6 surely, easily make 7.30 I'd say.

Hah $hite, some other supporters quicker off the mark!

Hah $hite, some other supporters quicker off the mark!

It must be manageable so!

For regular 3pm kickoffs, you can walk back to the city centre by about 17:30, get a quick bite to eat and get the 18:10 757 bus back to the airport, getting there around 18:40

championc wrote: »

For regular 3pm kickoffs, you can walk back to the city centre by about 17:30, get a quick bite to eat and get the 18:10 757 bus back to the airport, getting there around 18:40

Say I'll risk it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Hopefully this is the start of a good summer of Transfers.
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/21977/klich-signs-up

Was reading up on him yesterday as I never heard of him but it sounds like a decent signing. He doesn't seem to have been involved with the international team in 3 years so hopefully he can show the form that got him in there in the first place.

Somebody's obviously been having a bit of fun with his Wikipedia page :D
    On 23 June, 2017, Klich signed a three year deal with Leeds United and was formally announced on the club website. He deffo has a slice of hog complemented with a slice of dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Seems like a decent signing. We need a midfielder who can score a few. Might be a good link between defense and attack. Something we need.

Sacko, Pontus and now this lad. Keep it up now.

I suppose he is coming in as a replacement or back-up for Pablo? Really trailed off badly after Derby iirc

Personally I hope he is more of a centre midfielder with the ability to do both sides of the game.

• Advertisement

While we have loads of mids, we haven't one single standout player, a name which is one of the first on every teamsheet. If this guy becomes it, I'll be very happy. I really hope that Ayling convinces his besty mate Bartley to join us.

Seems we are getting closer to signing this Samu Saiz player from Spain. Can play as the withdrawn striker or on the wing. A lot of clubs after him and we are favourites. Around the 3 million price tag. New number 10 maybe?

Is this the Orta effect... Picking up relatively cheap and unknown continental players?

Wouldn't mind a few battle hardened championship/prem players too I have to say

The Orta effect ....... relegated :(

Considering we are in the championship, I wouldnt say 3 million is cheap.

At this point if you include Pontus we will have spent 6 to 6.5 million already with more to come.
    Not bad for Leeds, considering how much we have been spending on players the last few years.

We own Elland Road again! Ye know what, this Rads lad is throwing all the right shapes so far - I have to say I am impressed despite my efforts not to get too optimistic!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What awesome news...I'm getting this unfamiliar feeling of excitement about what lies ahead. Waiting for the crash now.
    :D

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    We own Elland Road again! Ye know what, this Rads lad is throwing all the right shapes so far - I have to say I am impressed despite my efforts not to get too optimistic!

At least the off pitch signs are good. I'll take that for now. Delighted with this news!

Been a long 13 years! Absolutely fantastic news.

And further plans with the council for a brand new training ground in the city to be closer to ER. While I love the history of Thorp Arch, all these signs are very positive.

Good few decent names that we are being linked with also, it's the optimism that kills you but to hell with it - roll on August!!

• Advertisement

LUTV is now free....once you're outside UK and Ireland. Hate that stuff, give it to Ireland free as well.

LUTV is now free....once you're outside UK and Ireland. Hate that stuff, give it to Ireland free as well.

Match streams available to non-UK and non-Ireland residents is the real annoying part. Although it's not like we're never on Sky!

Linked with a Swedish defender from Bologna today. Approx €4m and has played with Pontus before. If he's anything like Jansson it'd be awesome but can't assume that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hey guys, just wondering what you think of Simon Grayson?

Superb manager who is able to do really well with very limited resources. A lot of fans wanted to see him back before Christiansen was appointed and he would have been a hugely popular choice if he had been.

Paully D wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering what you think of Simon Grayson?

Definitely looks better with the new haircut.

VPN will look after that.

I seen a few talking of a 5er charge per game... that must be to those in the UK so is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I seen a few talking of a 5er charge per game... that must be to those in the UK so is it?

Match streams won't be free for people outside of UK and Ireland. There will be a fee per match. It hasn't been released yet what the fee will be.

As King says, not sure what the charge will be.

Probably will be easier to find some stream of a game though. It's just annoying lumping us in with the UK. What'll they do when Brexit kicks in? What will differentiate Ireland from France?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'd easily pay a fiver a match! I was reading that the friendly v Oxford will be shown for free for everyone anyway. Great stuff from the new owner so far although it's still early days.

Even better if they show up on premium IPTV :)

Felix Wiedwald signed from Bremen. Sounds like money was spent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement