Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    It is right size venue for them however.

20k capacity is very low for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

20k capacity is very low for them.

Not really. Most of the gigs they played in Europe this year were around that size. I saw them in Berlin and London and crowds were roughly that size at both.

Would be class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

I've always thought Thomond Park would be perfect for them...22k in the stands...another few k on the pitch...and they can fly straight into Shannon airport...proper first gig of a European tour

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I've always thought Thomond Park would be perfect for them...22k in the stands...another few k on the pitch...and they can fly straight into Shannon airport...proper first gig of a European tour

That would be the dream!!

It's times like this I wish david75 hadn't gotten himself banned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

DD Mikasa wrote: »
    Not really. Most of the gigs they played in Europe this year were around that size. I saw them in Berlin and London and crowds were roughly that size at both.

Would be class

Yeah that is true but we kept on being told that they couldn't play a venue of that size here because their fee was too high .
    Hopefully they play here next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ha, I thought you were reincarnated david75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If it's true, I'll buy you pints you there... but I can't see it... the little ray of hope is the fingal council giving "no comment" instead of a definite no

Looking forward to that pint.
    I know someone involved with Malahide Castle, waiting on a response if she knows anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's hope the thick ****s of promoters don't put it on close before/after Slane

Dont Malahide Castle do gigs in blocks so the show could be anywhere between 8th June and 22nd as they have shows there

Not a fan of open field gigs but somethings you have to do. Went too Marley Park last year for a show and going too Slane next year

Ha, I thought you were reincarnated david75

No, Im afraid not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

:eek:

What happened ???

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

greenspurs wrote: »
    :eek:

What happened ???

He liked an auld argument, some topics and forums are best avoided at times

I follow him on insta, should I dm him and ask :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I hope it is malahide.the marquee is a terrible venue for them or anyone.

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I follow him on insta, should I dm him and ask :o

Worth a shout i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It wouldn't be so bad if they gave it a refurbishment...badly needed. This year was my first time there in 7 years went to see Alanis Morrissette cant believe I had it down as a decent spot sound system was miserable stole the gig away.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Read something about Malahide Castle next summer for PJ. Would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Dimitris on the official 10C forum is on the money 99% of the time.
    He says nothing is booked for Euro 2019.

It wouldn't be so bad if they gave it a refurbishment...badly needed. This year was my first time there in 7 years went to see Alanis Morrissette cant believe I had it down as a decent spot sound system was miserable stole the gig away.

Yea i saw Eddie vedder there last year.it was fine but its like a gig in a circus tent.imo malahide would be better or vicar street :)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Thomond only has 15,200 seats of which about 1,000 would have to be empty with stage position and you can only put 6,000 on the pitch so only about 20,000 for concerts so same as malahide ,now don't get me wrong I'd love it in thomond it's 15mins from where I live and would be awesome but it's not going to happen

• Advertisement

colmufc wrote: »
    Thomond only has 15,200 seats of which about 1,000 would have to be empty with stage position and you can only put 6,000 on the pitch so only about 20,000 for concerts so same as malahide ,now don't get me wrong I'd love it in thomond it's 15mins from where I live and would be awesome but it's not going to happen

Thomond holds over 25,000 between seats and standing...so I cut about 3000 out with my guesstimate... but I'd say in total, with the pitch area, it would hit 25,000

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Thomond holds over 25,000 between seats and standing...so I cut about 3000 out with my guesstimate... but I'd say in total, with the pitch area, it would hit 25,000

Thomond hold 25,000 including the terrace stands at either end and in front of the seating area , take away all the terrace standing which is never used during concerts and tour left with 15,000 seats max and with fire department regulations for pitch standing the max capacity for a concert is 20,000

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

I'd give my left bollok to see PJ in the Marquee. The sound in the O2 sucks.

When watching Vedder play there with just a wooden box , all I could think about is how incredible it would be for PJ play such a venue in all their energetic glory.

It could potentially be the greatest gig you've ever witnessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

The energy PJ bring I honestly think location doesn't matter. I've yet to attend a poor PJ gig.
    That said, Milton Keynes was one of the best for me, atmosphere and setlist too.

I'd love to see them anywhere here again.
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh would be fantastic but I don't honestly expect any Irish gig next year.

I'm putting some budget aside (again) for PJ travel in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Im assuming Malahide is a series of gigs, The Cure playing june 8, George Ezra 21st +Lana del rey 22nd,
    PJ could nestle in sumwhere in the middle or the end of the month

Burty330 wrote: »
    I'd give my left bollok to see PJ in the Marquee. The sound in the O2 sucks.

When watching Vedder play there with just a wooden box , all I could think about is how incredible it would be for PJ play such a venue in all their energetic glory.

It could potentially be the greatest gig you've ever witnessed.

No the greatest gig I've ever witnessed was pj in slane 1993.vedders voice was incredible.im sure it will be brilliant today but it will be nothing like it was then.

Worth a shout i guess?

He got back back to me! :)

He said "it would be nice but the 'news' outlet in question is hardly reputable and while the timing looks right and the venue makes sense, it's unlikely. Unless they're gonna drop a new album in spring and then tour. And there's been no news of them recording at all. I'd say it's unlikely tbh but let's see. They usually announce tours in November/December. Fingers crossed"

Fingers crossed indeed!
    (I'm also trying to convince him to Come Back ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah get him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

The energy PJ bring I honestly think location doesn't matter. I've yet to attend a poor PJ gig.
    That said, Milton Keynes was one of the best for me, atmosphere and setlist too.

I'd love to see them anywhere here again.
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh would be fantastic but I don't honestly expect any Irish gig next year.

I'm putting some budget aside (again) for PJ travel in 2019.

Milton Keynes was fantastic, PJ seem to find an extra gear when they play outdoors. Seen them 10 times indoors, all of which were brilliant but outdoors is something else altogether. Hopefully we get a nice sunny day in Malahide Castle 🤞

• Advertisement

Yeah get him back!

Unfortunately he got himself perma banned - apparently they can track ISPs.. who knew..

Anyway he misses you all too :)

Advertisement