Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

best 20 pub songs for 18 to 28 year olds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

thefly wrote: »
    Not a huge fan but would be well impressed if a 50 yearold man started rocking out with that.

All these songs are done in every 2 bit pub in the country by every 2 bit man and his guitar. Try and break the mold. Be adventurous

Maybe some XX
    some band of skulls maybe
    I liked the 2 door cinema club shout from another poster
    vampire weekend
    Mystery jets
    Macabees
    Klakons

If you started playing tunes like that, I'd come back evey week.

And you'd be the only one coming back every week.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Gaunty wrote: »
    And you'd be the only one coming back every week.

let me guess you like Galway Girl, bob dylan covers and journey............pass the sick bag

let me guess you like Galway Girl, bob dylan covers and journey............pass the sick bag

I don't personally like those no. I don't have any particular taste in music and don't stick to certain genres. But the songs you have been highlighting in this thread are played in every '2 bit' pub around the country because they are popular and thats what the OP is looking for.

I don't personally like those no. I don't have any particular taste in music and don't stick to certain genres. But the songs you have been highlighting in this thread are played in every '2 bit' pub around the country because they are popular and thats what the OP is looking for.

Ah makes sense!!!!

Ah makes sense!!!!

Sorry i'm clearly not an expert like your good self on what exactly defines good music. Listening to one particular brand of music while looking down in contempt at famous songs through the years must really qualify you. Opinions, their like arseholes, we all have them. Songs become overplayed and famous for a reason. The majority of people quite like them.

• Advertisement

Sorry i'm clearly not an expert like your good self on what exactly defines good music. Listening to one particular brand of music while looking down in contempt at famous songs through the years must really qualify you. Opinions, their like arseholes, we all have them. Songs become overplayed and famous for a reason. The majority of people quite like them.

Never said that

Anyway whats the point in doing what countless others have done. Have you ever heard of originality? I most definitley don't listen to one brand of music!!! Whats the point in the OP copying everyone else. How does that set him apart from the rest. He'll want people to sit up and notice him.

Songs become famous and overplayed for a reason. Yes I agree, because they are middle of the road and average but with a catchy hook. Try to diversify yourself. Open your mind to new music. Don't copy the masses dont just get all your music from the radio station. Look at bands you like now. Find out who inspired them, then who inspirwed them and then who inspired them. Before you no it you could be listen to and enjoying a band you may never ever have heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

That's not what being in a cover band is about though. People can dress it up all they want but when it comes down to it, it's about making money. To make money you have to get repeat gigs and to get repeat gigs you have to entertain and you have to give people what they want. I play in a cover band myself and I hate a good portion of the songs we do, but we keep getting repeat gigs which helps pay for my "real" band. If I went out and started playing the stuff I liked, or tried to mix it up a bit and play good but relatively unknown songs, we'd be kicked out.

It's sad to say, and I wish you were right, but people in most pubs don't want originality, they want Galway Girl and Journey (luckily we don't do either of these :D ). If they did, there wouldn't be cover bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jodie Stone

Moves like Jagger
    Maroon 5
    Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
    Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
    Mr Brightside - Killers
    Olivers Army - Elvis Costello
    Jason Mraz

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Excellent 2 year bump.

This discussion has been closed.