Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Chuffed to bits that we'll get to win it on the pitch, if its not at Anfield then I'm not too arsed which away ground, though admittedly Goodison would be a bit funny. More funny than usual like

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

In theory we might win it before we play at all. Unlikely, but if city lose vs arsenal android then lose before we play Everton we will have it won already. Highly unlikely obviously but possible. More likely is that at some point after we restart that city drop points and we win it because of that, so we might not win it by playing specifically. Obviously, but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭daheff

Anywhere I can see the rearranged fixture lists? Or is it still in the order it was originally scheduled?

And what about the teams with a couple of games in hand...are those matches played first....might give those teams an advantage to get back playing ahead of the pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

daheff wrote: »
    Anywhere I can see the rearranged fixture lists? Or is it still in the order it was originally scheduled?

And what about the teams with a couple of games in hand...are those matches played first....might give those teams an advantage to get back playing ahead of the pack.

Games in hand being played on June 17th. Fixture list then picks up from where it left off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

6 wrote: »
    Games in hand being played on June 17th. Fixture list then picks up from where it left off.

While the matches may be played in sequence, the day and time will be different.

Games on a Friday will kick off at 8pm, while on Saturday the slots will be 12.30pm, 3pm, 5.30pm and 8pm. Sunday matches will kick off at either 12pm, 2pm, 4.30pm and 7pm, with Monday games starting at 8pm.

Midweek games on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays will kick off at either 6pm or 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

micar wrote: »
    While the matches may be played in sequence, the day and time will be different.

Games on a Friday will kick off at 8pm, while on Saturday the slots will be 12.30pm, 3pm, 5.30pm and 8pm. Sunday matches will kick off at either 12pm, 2pm, 4.30pm and 7pm, with Monday games starting at 8pm.

Midweek games on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays will kick off at either 6pm or 8pm.

Surely the last day of season, all matches will have to be played at same time as it would give unfair advantage to some teams if games are played at different times. It shouldn't matter to us at that stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Surely the last day of season, all matches will have to be played at same time as it would give unfair advantage to some teams if games are played at different times. It shouldn't matter to us at that stage

Hopefully it won't!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Hopefully it won't!!!!!

We'd be in big trouble if it goes down to the final day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Ok.....The exception would be the last day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Theoretically, yes; but the might change it so that only the matches that can change things will kick off at the same time. Matches where the outcome won't effect anythign significant can be move.

They did it a few years ago with the Man U-Bournemouth match after theer was a bomb scare.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Club legend, talisman and icon Stevie G turns 40 today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Theoretically, yes; but the might change it so that only the matches that can change things will kick off at the same time. Matches where the outcome won't effect anythign significant can be move.

They did it a few years ago with the Man U-Bournemouth match after theer was a bomb scare.

As far as I remember the bomb scare took place just a short while before the scheduled kickoff of the match when it was too late to reschedule the other fixtures on the day. Different situation now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,265 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The theatre of dreams...

Anfield where dreams come true :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,884 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He better get a medal a now.
    Real Madrid rolled out the red carpet to try to convince Harvey Elliott to sign for them. There was a tour of the Bernabeu & he was asked if he wanted to meet Sergio Ramos. He replied: "No, it’s OK thanks. I don’t like him after what he did to Mo Salah.”

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1267005432972947456?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

As far as I remember the bomb scare took place just a short while before the scheduled kickoff of the match when it was too late to reschedule the other fixtures on the day. Different situation now.

Yeah, I know but my point was: nothing hinged on the outcome so they had no difficulties moving it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Best part of the day other than the game:

Unreal atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He will never play a better gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭KevRossi

14271820-7096217-image-a-93_1559500899141.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Hard to believe it's 12 whole months, so much has happened since then, but the last Liverpool match seems so far away.

giphy.gif

KevRossi wrote: »
    14271820-7096217-image-a-93_1559500899141.jpg

That was 2nd June :pac:

*Just wanted to post it again

Just listening to 606 from Saturday Deeny saying he is sorry for Liverpool as no body will remember this is the season they won the league :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Deeney really came across terribly bitter with his comments. He probably wanted a longer summer holiday and is upset.

Woild love to see him relegated now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

KevRossi wrote: »
    Hard to believe it's 12 whole months, so much has happened since then, but the last Liverpool match seems so far away.

giphy.gif

Above all the others, this one Always brings a smile to my face.

What a character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What a day it was.

UnconsciousFamousEgret-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hopefully they can show a bit of flexibility on GW 38 this season.

They could wait and see if any of the games can be played standalone or in logical batches.

In theory Chelsea v Wolves and Leicester v MUFC could be deciding the final 2 champions league places. So could play them at the same time on the final day.

Meanwhile West Ham v Villa just might be straight head to head to avoid the final relegation place - if so it could be played at a different time.

With no fans travelling to games, there's no reason why they can't wait until after the completion of Week 37 to look at the all the scenarios and see what could be done fairly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

I am 52 and have watched this great club play in 9 European Cup finals, winning 6. What a club. Built by Shankly from the doldrums of Div 2 to Klopp now, the greatest of these times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

eigrod wrote: »

Given the differing kits I wonder if they were playing an 11 v 11 match today before or after this picture. Its been mentioned that clubs will do that over the next few weeks to get match fit

• Advertisement

11 v 11 in a big empty ground

Liverpool FC can confirm New Balance will continue as the club's official kit supplier until July 31, 2020.

It has been mutually agreed with New Balance, the club and incoming kit supplier Nike that the deal, which was due to come to an end on May 31, 2020, will be extended due to the Premier League being suspended as a result of COVID-19.

Nike’s term as official kit supplier to the club, outfitting the men’s, women’s and Academy squads, as well as coaching staff and Liverpool FC Foundation, is due to commence on August 1, 2020.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/397568-liverpool-fc-update-on-kit-supplier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

8-10 wrote: »
    Best part of the day other than the game:

Unreal atmosphere

yeah what scenes, Madrid was just absolutely mental that weekend all over. Ticket or no ticket Ive resolved to always going when we get to a European final, its just a great weekend.

Just remembering back to watching the final in the Madrid and a sound lad beside me before the game was absolutely desperate for us to win it. We were all desperate but this lad especially so because he is from Leicester but as a kid he supported Liverpool while all his mates supported Leicester. When they won the PL in 2016 he suffered dogs abuse and it had continued ever since getting worse after the 2018 loss in Kiev. The CL win for him was like a monkey off his back, finally something to slag them back with. He cried at full time.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah what scenes, Madrid was just absolutely mental that weekend all over. Ticket or no ticket Ive resolved to always going when we get to a European final, its just a great weekend.

Just remembering back to watching the final in the Madrid and a sound lad beside me before the game was absolutely desperate for us to win it. We were all desperate but this lad especially so because he is from Leicester but as a kid he supported Liverpool while all his mates supported Leicester. When they won the PL in 2016 he suffered dogs abuse and it had continued ever since getting worse after the 2018 loss in Kiev. The CL win for him was like a monkey off his back, finally something to slag them back with. He cried at full time.

Same. It was unreal. I couldn't understand how more Spurs fans didn't move heaven and earth to go. Sounds arrogant but with Liverpool you can nearly always expect to get to another one at some point, its not the same for them. Might have been their only chance to experience something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It’s a great feeling knowing Liverpool are going to win the league this month.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1267511845008691205

They did play a game then. they really need to upload it so we can watch, things are bad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Trying to make out the teams from the pictures and it like it was

Red: Adrian, Hoever, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Hendo, Jones, Keita, Mane, Firmino, Elliot

Black: Alisson, TAA, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Fabinho, Lallana, Ox, Minamino, Origi, Salah

Gini, Williams, Larouci, van Der Berg & Kelleher got some game time too

Gini didn't play apparently. Carrying a minor knock so no risks taken. We'll probably get a few little niggles like that in the coming weeks.

The official site says it wasn't a full game just a few short 11 v 11 scenarios.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Werner just scored a goal very, very similar to Salah's against United. It's a sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Werner just scored a goal very, very similar to Salah's against United. It's a sign.

And who got the assist? Former Liverpool man Péter Gulácsi ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FitzShane wrote: »
    Trying to make out the teams from the pictures and it like it was

Red: Adrian, Hoever, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Hendo, Jones, Keita, Mane, Firmino, Elliot

Black: Alisson, TAA, Gomez, Lovren, Milner, Fabinho, Lallana, Ox, Minamino, Origi, Salah

Gini, Williams, Larouci, van Der Berg & Kelleher got some game time too

I was close!

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1267530263711698945?s=19

Shaqiri not being involved again is very odd. There's definitely something going on there IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I was close!

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1267530263711698945?s=19

Shaqiri not being involved again is very odd. There's definitely something going on there IMO.

Thought he is injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

giphy.gif

Keeping it on the latest page for the "lurkers" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ugh, these months off I forgot Origi was being played as a left sided player. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm looking forward to seeing more Minamino

And Elliott, but mainly Minamino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,982 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing more Minamino

And Elliott, but mainly Minamino

Hoping with the five subs we get to see plenty of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jones should be seeing more football too, he’s come on a long way this season. We have a potentially great midfielder there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Hoping with the five subs we get to see plenty of both.

I wouldn't be hopeful given how later and sparingly Klopp uses subs under the three sub rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    We should all change our usernames to contain an *.

What a thoroughly ridiculous idea.

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Almost back lads. The next two weeks can well and truly piss off tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement