Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Draft 2020 - Current Premier League - Signup Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Don't think so.

I have a shortlist of five goalkeepers, all of whom I'd be delira with. If my sums are right, three keepers will be gone before my turn.

My sums were wrong.

Only two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Patricia is good value for round 11, was a coin flip between him and kepa for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Team finished.

Spurs: 2 (Kane, Aurier)
    Man City: 1 (Laporte)
    Arsenal: 3 (Henry, Ozil, Torreria)
    Chelsea: 2 (Jorginho, Rudiger)
    Leicester: 3 (Chilwell, Schmeichel, Pérez)

thanks for getting this going H2D, Looking forward to the next phase of this now whatever form that'll take exactly

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

All done, really enjoyed the draft. Need to decide what happens next :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I was thinking you could have 4 groups of 3 and 4 with everyone picking the best of those and straight to semi finals. Gives everyone a chance to argue the merits of their team against other teams and doesn't prolong it too much.

Was just an idea that came to me as an alternative to the knockout and straight voting on the best.

That's a bloody good idea. Nice compromise between all KO and a league format.

Yeah that is a good idea! It would be a bit anticlimatic if we were to all just vote for the best team and never hear opinions on the other teams, so something like that would give everyone a bit of a chance.

Barkley was some last pick by the way, I knew a mile off you were going to pick him too and he suits your team very well. Once IncognitoMan picked Doucoure there was nobody really after that who could have picked Barkley so knew he would make it through to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Immensely enjoyed that guys pretty happy with how my team turned out , looking forward to seeing what happens next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Happy to go with any format

With Winston Reid and Jonjo Shelvey in my team It's practically invincible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A long knockout system didn't work too well last time as I seem to recall interest waned pretty quickly. I'd favour something that can move it along quickly and Liam O's suggestion seems to do that. I'll go along with whatever's decided.

Some nice talent still available. Sissoko, Ings, Winks, McNeil, Fabianski, Cresswell, Shaqiri, Zinchenko some of the names on my list that I think went unpicked. At the start of the game I feared things might be pretty bleak by the time we got to the last round, but there was enough quality.

A long knockout system didn't work too well last time as I seem to recall interest waned pretty quickly. I'd favour something that can move it along quickly and Liam O's suggestion seems to do that. I'll go along with whatever's decided.

Some nice talent still available. Sissoko, Ings, Winks, McNeil, Fabianski, Cresswell, Shaqiri, Zinchenko some of the names on my list that I think went unpicked. At the start of the game I feared things might be pretty bleak by the time we got to the last round, but there was enough quality.

Yeah I has Sissoko and Shaqiri on a similar list, Dean Henderson, Felipe Anderson, Heaton, Lamela were there too iirc

Pepe & Cancelo were examples of players arguably good enough for these teams but their time in the Premiership only being counted would make them terrible picks

Wouldn't be adverse to a system like Liam said, vote on who progresses from a made up Pot A-D and the winners make up Semi-Finals we all vote on or something similar.

Yep I had a few of them too. Dean Henderson, Ben Davies, Christian Benteke, Michael Keane were a few others I thought would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Enjoyed that draft. Cheers for running H2D.
    I'm happy enough to go with the groups set up too.

Is it one post to layout our team setup overall or are we waiting for groups to be drawn and then argue our case against opposition teams?

Liam O wrote: »
    I was thinking you could have 4 groups of 3 and 4 with everyone picking the best of those and straight to semi finals. Gives everyone a chance to argue the merits of their team against other teams and doesn't prolong it too much.

Was just an idea that came to me as an alternative to the knockout and straight voting on the best.

Is everyone happy with Liam O's suggestion so?

If you're happy with it just 'thank' this post and I'll do the draw later and ye can get working on yer write-ups. Write-ups are optional, not obligatory.

I'll leave this for a couple of hours.

Is it one post to layout our team setup overall or are we waiting for groups to be drawn and then argue our case against opposition teams?

Good question.

I'm easy, so if people have a preference don't be shy and share with the group.

Maybe do the draw for each group, post here and then start a thread for each group. Each poster can put up one post on their team and how they would compete against others or something and then everyone can vote in that thread for who goes through to the semi?

Right I put the list of names into Random.org in the order we drafted. The winner of each group goes into the semi-finals. In the interest of avoiding potential match fixing I've already conducted the semi-final draw. Winner Group A vs. Winner Group D and Winner Group B vs. Winner Group C

The groups are;

Group A
    Dr. Kenneth
    Shanotheslayer
    GlaDos
    Bounty Hunter

Group B
    Martyos
    Hello 2D
    Ferris_Bueller
    Brianregan

Group C
    Wrestlemaniac
    Liam O
    Redzer

Group D
    Daithi1989
    Incognito
    Mr. Nice Guy

How long do ye want to do yer write-ups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If it suits the people involved maybe have one or 2 groups going at a time that opens for voting for 24 hours after the last person has put up their first writeup. Discussion can happen between the players involved before this and everyone after so you can respond to the criticism of your team while it not being too long or getting clogged up before everyone has a chance to set their stall.

• Advertisement

I like this format, different and interesting.

A group of four instead of a group of 3 gives me more competition but happily more to analyze too. So Dr Ken, Shano & GlaDOS may the best team win and...
    tenor.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Is there a final round up of picks available?

Are we doing seperate threads for each group/final? With a poll?

Do ye want the votes based on 'thanks' or a poll?

Do ye want the votes based on 'thanks' or a poll?

Is voting open to only people who took part in the draft or everyone in soccer forum?

I would count a vote if it had a comment stating a reason why, but I realise there may not be enough interest in this approach.

Is voting open to only people who took part in the draft or everyone in soccer forum?

I would count a vote if it had a comment stating a reason why, but I realise there may not be enough interest in this approach.

I'd say open to all? Maybe if we counted votes that were comments stating why but could also run a poll to use as a tie breaker or something.. Hard to know. People justifying their vote briefly would be good but might not be enough interest.

• Advertisement

I'm fine with open to all - votes with a comment should be the only ones that count with non comment votes counting for a tiebreaker - If a further tiebreaker is needed we can only count the actual draftees votes - Maybe we wait and ask a mod to add the poll after everyone has laid out their arguments however.

I say stick the threads (at least the first 1/2) up soon to keep the momentum going too. I actually wrote up something already for my group as I don't always have a lot of time (young baby, changing jobs and homes (cities) atm) so am ready to go whenever one is up.

Sorry peeps, was on the sauce yesterday. I'll have the first two threads up at some stage today.

I say stick the threads (at least the first 1/2) up soon to keep the momentum going too. I actually wrote up something already for my group as I don't always have a lot of time (young baby, changing jobs and homes (cities) atm) so am ready to go whenever one is up.

Bounty Hunter trying to get that sympathy vote, I'm not having that :pac:

Congrats tho!

Welcome one, welcome all to Group A of the 2020 Premier League Draft voting thread.

Votes without a reason/comment will not be counted unless in the case of a tiebreak.

Voting will commence when the final manager has posted their team/write up and will last for 24 hours.

Winner of the group progresses to the semi-finals.

Is this OK for the voting thread? Do I need to add anything else to it?

Is this OK for the voting thread? Do I need to add anything else to it?

I would add in that you are voting for the players peak seasons spent in the Premier league only

• Advertisement

I would add in that you are voting for the players peak seasons spent in the Premier league only

That would be handy alright haha

Will be tomorrow before I get a write up done, won't get a chance tonight.

I posted mine up there in group B, hard to know what to cover exactly as it was the first post, I can always post again if I need to reply to anything!

Will get my write up tomorrow folks.

Edit: Got it done :)

Marty deserves to win for this part alone '' smart tactical fouling when the ball is lost to stop the counter attacks at source ''

I got some laugh at that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Marty deserves to win for this part alone '' smart tactical fouling when the ball is lost to stop the counter attacks at source ''

I got some laugh at that. :pac:

I want this to be a realistic competition. Hold nothing back. :D

Group A clearly better as we got Bill instead of Lineker in his pants :pac:

by which I mean, posted my pre prepared statement there :)

Do we vote in our own groups or just the other ones? Obviously can't vote for ourselves!

• Advertisement

Do we vote in our own groups or just the other ones? Obviously can't vote for ourselves!

Not sure why you would vote for other teams in your group. I plan to vote in all the other groups anyway, we (the people involved) really should at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Sorry will try get a post done this evening or early tomorrow for this, busy enjoying the sunshine!

Sorry will try get a post done this evening or early tomorrow for this, busy enjoying the sunshine!

A lacklustre manager here folks. Remember that when voting :pac:

A lacklustre manager here folks. Remember that when voting :pac:

Says the man who not once in his reasons to vote for him pitch mentioned not slaying you if you did.
    x9ZSHgp.jpg

:pac:

Group A is the dirty tactics group. I can't believe I'm in a group of Diego Simone's :pac:

Will have my write up done today, apologies for the delay. Combination of birthday and funeral this weekend.

Will have mine up this evening :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Group A starting to shape up nicely. I have flip flopped already on those that have posted so interesting to see what way the lads lies after the last team

so how do we vote or that going to be done seprately enjoyed that :)

• Advertisement

To vote just pick who you think has the best team and leave a comment/reason.

Advertisement