Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2

Options
  • 12-06-2021 3:41pm

555703.png

Prelims 1am BT Sport 1
    Main card 3am BT Sport 1

First card in a long time I'm definitely staying up for
    Super fun main card, live from Phoenix, Arizona. The atmosphere in the arena should be fantastic too - Phoenix sports fans still high after the Phoenix Suns recent wins over the LA Lakers and Denver Nuggets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Looking forward to this, think Israel beats Vectoring a lot easier this time time but I'd say it'll go the distance.

Fancy Leon Edwards for an easy pts victory also.

Moreno v figueirido is the one I'm most looking forward to,last fight was a classic and figueirido seems to genuinely hate moreno. Not sure how this will go but I think devision by sub if pushed though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think Izzy will win a lop sided pts decision but maybe vettori to
    sneak a round with a takedown

leon can't possibly lose

moreno figgy fight of the card even if you kinda look forward to the main fight just as much

The hatred between izzy and marvin though as bad as i've witnessed in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

What time can we expect the Diaz fight at??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭xtal191

Can see the two champs and Edwards all winning very easily

What time can we expect the Diaz fight at??

4-4.30 I'd be thinking

• Advertisement

who are people shouting for here?

I'd like to see both izzy and vettori lose if
    that were possible.
    I can't remember wanting two guys to lose so badly before :pac:

I'd hate to see vettori moreso with that belt though.

I'd be a happy man if Moreno won also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Izzy, Leon(just want to see him get a title shot) and Brandon for me :)

Not going to do any bets on it either so I can enjoy it a little bit better without being disappointed when someone isn't stopped in 'x' round....

Torn...
    Kinda with mailburner: Izzy/Vettori are both painful at this stage, but unless Vettori manages to rush and get a mid-cage takedown and GNP TKO can't see him winning.
    Hope Moreno does it too - but unless Figueiredo is really suffering from the weight cut can't see it happening. He can't be long for 125 though.

For sure Leon has earned his shot and has looked amazing, but I just can't ever shout against Nate :o Josh Thompson spoke about his experiences with both on his podcast this week. He has trained with Leon said he was the fastest most technical fighter he'd ever sparred.

Also hoping Maia and Paul Craig get wins.
    Looking forward to JoJo vs Lauren Murphy too, think Lauren will take it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

mailburner wrote: »
    I think Izzy will win a lop sided pts decision but maybe vettori to
    sneak a round with a takedown

I think Vettori’s key to victory is big leg kicks, trying to grab Izzy is easier said than done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Hoping for an Izzy win (so Whittaker gets next) and Figgy because he's the most exciting 125'er.
    Edwards will almost certainly win. Diaz hasn't got the athleticism or grappling to beat Edwards, especially in the clinch.

Hoping Hill KO's Craig. Craig is full of it, very tribalistic and his stand-up is woeful compared to Hill.

I want JoJo to beat Murphy, although I suspect she won't. JoJo seems nice and forego her title shot to fight Jennifer Maia when she didn't need to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

No love for Diaz here no? Think people are gonna be surprised how competitive this fight will be especially if Nate can drag him into a war.. I know Edwards had sex with Gunnar Nelson but Diaz will throw more subs from guard if it goes that way, fancy him in a close decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Lot of developing still to be done by Hooper off that fight.

Long way to go to the Main Card and fighting sleep already, disaster

mc kinney looks pretty good

that's 4 consecutive wins in 7/72/17/16 secs

could be another johnnie walker :D already injured himself jumping back off the cage

hooper has a long road on front of him and he'll take a lot more beatings before his striking is up to par unless
    he can take opponents down

• Registered Users Posts: 37,647 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How the hell can any judge give that fight as 30-27 to Kianzad?
    I thought Davis won it but even a 29-28 against her isn't outrageous but she won the second round clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Thought Jojo looked better there than her last win and for some time really tbh, unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I had JoJo winning rounds 1 and 3 there. Admittedly I am fighting a losing battle with sleep, so maybe Murphy took rd1?

I had her winning Round 1 myself close but more damage inflicted by Jojo.

Bloody hell Anders won't help those fighting sleep, man thrives on snoozefests. Joe just described round 1 as "Wild" crowd has been booing throughout Joe.

Thought JoJo won the first and third. Judges are horrific tonight.

2 10-8s handed out for I'm assuming that 3rd round now fair enough he had a glimmer of a finish against the cage and Stewart was up to nothing, but really?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

eagle eye wrote: »
    Thought JoJo won the first and third. Judges are horrific tonight.

Horrific is a more than a little unfair. Imo first round was a coin toss. Second was a clear 10-8. 3rd was Calderwood but not by much

• Advertisement

kneejerk wrote: »
    Second was a clear 10-8

What??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Got out of bed at 2pm, Anders v Stewart sent me straight back to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Great round

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Got out of bed at 2pm, Anders v Stewart sent me straight back to sleep

THAT woke me up! Great fight!!!

kneejerk wrote:
    Horrific is a more than a little unfair. Imo first round was a coin toss. Second was a clear 10-8. 3rd was Calderwood but not by much
    First was clearly JoJo and my comment on the judges are concerning other fights as well.

Kianzad getting a 30-27 was ridiculous. I thought she lost too but at best it was 29-28.

MrStuffins wrote:
    THAT woke me up! Great fight!!!
    Fantastic fight.

Best fight of the night so far by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Nasty broken arm

That was nasty, Craig is so dangerous.

Ugh, that looked awful when he went over for the result.

• Advertisement

What's with this ref? Craig could have torn yer man's arm off and started eating it and he would have told them to keep fighting!

Advertisement