Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online collaborative LaTeX editor with integrated rapid preview

Options
  • 01-05-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

https://www.writelatex.com/

might be of interest to a few people here..

nice little online tool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Bump.

This was recently relaunched as www.overleaf.com. I haven't used it yet, but it looks really, really cool. I'll definitely being giving it a go for my next project.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I've used it a few times. If you're doing stuff that is image intensive you can get server timeouts which are a little annoying. Editing a package to suit your own needs isn't really possible. Biggest gripe for me is the uploading your own files/images to the server can be a bit cumbersome.

Still, I like it and am using it more and more frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Just checked it out there for the first time. I really like it.

The main problem for me is that it is all online. I have terrible broadband and just can't rely on it.

Pity it isn't something I can download.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

It's handy for introducing people to LaTeX without spending an hour getting it going on windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Tree wrote: »
    It's handy for introducing people to LaTeX without spending an hour getting it going on windows.

Yea, I was thinking about that. It certainly has it's uses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement