Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images

Options
  • 18-10-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm losing my mind trying to include graphics in Latex. I am using the "winshell" editor.

I use the command "\includegraphics{whatever.jpg}". However when I do that, I get a load of errors complaing about bounding boxes. When I pdf the doc, I get an error, but the pdf file is still created with the image in the wrong place.

Has anyone out there got a fool proof method for including images in latex?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

TheBody wrote: »
    Hi all.

I'm losing my mind trying to include graphics in Latex. I am using the "winshell" editor.

I use the command "\includegraphics{whatever.jpg}". However when I do that, I get a load of errors complaing about bounding boxes. When I pdf the doc, I get an error, but the pdf file is still created with the image in the wrong place.

Has anyone out there got a fool proof method for including images in latex?
    Are you compiling with latex or pdflatex? The only graphics format supported by latex is EPS, while pdflatex can import PDF, JPG and PNG. More details here:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Importing_Graphics

Advertisement