Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish oil tank lid bar from tank.

Options
  • 29-03-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

I was a bit of a silly goof yesterday. Was checking the oil level in the 1,100 litre tank. Opened back the lid and dropped the plastic bar and metal pin into the opened lid. Checked the level with an old brush handle. Went away to put back the old brush handle, came back to close the lid and of course I forgot about the plastic bar and metal pin... straight into the tank. Anyone know any handy way of fishing them out? The tank is about one third full. I wouldn't necessarily be calling out a plumber especially on this one at the best of times. Don't think they will cause blockages but open to correction?

As usual thanks in advance for any constructive responses and yes I already know I was a goof.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

If you had the pin stuck on the bar a magnet would do.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

^Many thanks. The pin wasn't stuck on the bar unfortunately. Was thinking a magnet some how stuck to a stick alright but that obviously won't catch the plastic bar. Probably can pick up replacements. More conscious of them jamming the outlet. Surprised the plastic bar sank rather than floating on the kerosene.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

^Many thanks. The pin wasn't stuck on the bar unfortunately. Was thinking a magnet some how stuck to a stick alright but that obviously won't catch the plastic bar. Probably can pick up replacements. More conscious of them jamming the outlet. Surprised the plastic bar sank rather than floating on the kerosene.

I wouldn't worry about it blocking anything. Can you see it in the tank?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks again Wearb. No can't see them in the tank. Just reflections off the top of the kerosene,

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Just buy a new one and leave the old one where it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭John.G

Then get out your drill and a piece of string and...………..

Advertisement