Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice Bag

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Chinatown on the Newcastle road in Galway does them. Never heard of these until right now but they look amazing. Must try...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Anyone trying it should know it's very dry and you should get some sort of sauce. I tried mine with honey sauce and it was amazing, but I'd usually just go for curry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Anyone trying it should know it's very dry and you should get some sort of sauce. I tried mine with honey sauce and it was amazing, but I'd usually just go for curry.

All you need is a few beers/soft drinks to wash it down.

Sauce will kill the crispiness of the chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

All you need is a few beers/soft drinks to wash it down.

Sauce will kill the crispiness of the chicken!

No way, you're talking sh*te :( you need dippage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This absolutely reeks of hype, but looks tasty enough all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Had one of these on Friday night, and I will be in no hurry to ever have another.

Chips (chinese takeaway chips aren't great anyway) and pieces of chicken in batter, with some kind of a spice mixture shook over it, and a few finely sliced chillies inn the mix.

I was sober when I ate it though, possibly food of God's when locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Had one of these on Friday night, and I will be in no hurry to ever have another.

Chips (chinese takeaway chips aren't great anyway) and pieces of chicken in batter, with some kind of a spice mixture shook over it, and a few finely sliced chillies inn the mix.

I was sober when I ate it though, possibly food of God's when locked?

Sometimes I prefer Chinese chips. They always give you loads and they're not as greasy as chipper chips.
    I also like to add jalapenos to a spice-bag. Lovely vinegary hit and crunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

fussyonion wrote: »
    Sometimes I prefer Chinese chips. They always give you loads and they're not as greasy as chipper chips.
    I also like to add jalapenos to a spice-bag. Lovely vinegary hit and crunch.

Tbf, one of the posters here posted a picture of his, and the chips looked pretty good, nowhere like my local chinese, they're more of the thinly cut, McDonald's kinda chips, more fries than chips imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Spice Salt Bag really is disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The Spice Salt Bag really is disgusting
    You put a "the" in front there like you are talking about a consistent product like "The Big Mac is disgusting".

Where did you get your spice bag?

I like salt & chilli wings and some places are far too salty for my taste, so I no longer order them there.

I think they are poor value compared to other things in most Chinese takeaways, they suit people who want to eat on the go, the kids in my area all get them, other things are harder to eat while standing around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I'm an American immigrant and I've always done this to my "chicken nuggets and fries" when I bring them home. I make my own Cajun seasoning (cayenne pepper, chile de arbol powder, black pepper, celery powder, onion powder, granulated garlic, thyme, salt, and a little sugar) and just shake it all down in there :) Maybe I independently "invented" the spice bag.

I would go for a Japanese version made with soy sauce, bonito tuna flakes, and wasabi, too. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 IvanRakitic

for anyone questioning the original spice bag; have lived beside the Sunflower in Orwell all my life and can remember getting one way back in 2008

Advertisement