Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some help needed. Former RTE Radio 1 DJ Name Needed

• 28-03-2020 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭

Looking for the name of a female radio DJ, who used to present Late Date on RTE Radio 1 back between 2002 and 2005?

Can't remember her name but, used to have old episodes taped when she presented it. Her playlist was divine and her voice was like velvet on my ears. Serious case of ASMR!

Looking to track down any shows she done before or since

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Lillian Smith? Still on Radio 1 Rising Time weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

Lillian Smith? Still on Radio 1 Rising Time weekends

I asked John Creedon and he said it was Lillian Smith too but, I really don't think so. Her voice is different.

This presenter's voice was like silk and velvet's love child. There were two female presenters at the time from what I recall

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I might be thinking of a different station but the name viviene or valerie comes to mind

I might be thinking of a different station but the name viviene or valerie comes to mind

Could have been.

I do know this presenter loved Peggy Lee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Almost positive galway bay did something like that back then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There was a girl on East Coast some years ago called Vicky Enright who fits the bill voice wise. I don't remember her being on RTÉ though.

There was a girl on East Coast some years ago called Vicky Enright who fits the bill voice wise. I don't remember her being on RTÉ though.

Nah, defo wasn't her

I'd know the name as soon as I saw it

There has only been 2 regular female presenters of Late Date on Radio 1..Maxi and Lillian Smith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Its absolutely Lillian Smith if we're talking about LD in the early noughties. She took the role from Maxi when the latter moved to the mornings. Though may have been a brief interlude where someone else filled in for maxi, but cant quite recall who. Always thought both maxi and lillian have great voices for nightime radio.

Its absolutely Lillian Smith if we're talking about LD in the early noughties. She took the role from Maxi when the latter moved to the mornings. Though may have been a brief interlude where someone else filled in for maxi, but cant quite recall who. Always thought both maxi and lillian have great voices for nightime radio.

How come Lillian sounds different now?

(I know, voice changes as you get older etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Like others have said it's Lilian smith as my late grandfather loved to listen to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

MOR316 wrote: »
    How come Lillian sounds different now?

(I know, voice changes as you get older etc)

Does she or is it just how you're remembering? Unless you're thinking of another show or confusing her with the other Late Date presenter at the time, the great Val Joyce. I assume its not the latter anyway!

Lillian plays a lot of Peggy Lee type songs also. So it probably is her. I agree she does sound different now.

Lillian plays a lot of Peggy Lee type songs also. So it probably is her. I agree she does sound different now.

Yep. 100% different now.

Back then, her voice gave me literal chills and goosebumps. I tuned in just to hear her voice alone. No joke

Thanks everyone for the help :)

Does she or is it just how you're remembering? Unless you're thinking of another show or confusing her with the other Late Date presenter at the time, the great Val Joyce. I assume its not the latter anyway!

Nah, she differently sounds different now.
    Not Val Joyce.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Master Anorak

Probably Trish Taylor, she was the usual fill-in for Val And Lilian during those years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭its_steve116

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Master Anorak

Yep, didn't yet have the Thompson in her name back then tho

Advertisement