Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-01-2020, 18:27   #1
worlds goodest teecher

Who is the cheapest electricity provider right now?

Moving house and considering moving electricity provider. Any good deals going?
Advertisement
20-01-2020, 18:53   #2
/\/ollog

Send a message via AIM to /\/ollog Send a message via Skype™ to /\/ollog
If you're a light user, sometimes the company with a higher unit price but a big joining bonus can be better value.
Switch every year if you remember.

I'm not sure who's cheapest, I usually check switcher.ie and similar websites.
20-01-2020, 18:54   #3
L1011

Its entirely down to your usage, you have to use bonkers or similar to get the figure. Moving this to A&P anyway.
21-01-2020, 09:20   #4
worlds goodest teecher

Current usage my not reflect future consumption. Moving from B2 rated well insulated apartment, to a bungalow with a much larger floor area and an E1 rating so consumption will be much higher.
21-01-2020, 20:48   #5
worlds goodest teecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
Its entirely down to your usage, you have to use bonkers or similar to get the figure. Moving this to A&P anyway.
November and December just gone, just under 500 units used. 8000 units in the past 3.5 years.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-01-2020, 21:33   #6
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by worlds goodest teecher View Post
November and December just gone, just under 500 units used. 8000 units in the past 3.5 years.
You'll need to put them in to switcher.ie or bonkers.ie; nobody here is going to know exact amounts.
Thanks from:
26-01-2020, 07:59   #7
Irish_peppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
You'll need to put them in to switcher.ie or bonkers.ie; nobody here is going to know exact amounts.
I put all my utilities recently into bonkers.ie I am with same supplier over a decade pure bloody laziness to change.
For pig iron i checked out would there be any point moving. There was very little difference in prices not enough to justify moving it came down to like about 70 euro a year. Seems a bit of a cartel the whole utility business here
(2) thanks from:
26-01-2020, 08:25   #8
accensi0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_peppa View Post
I put all my utilities recently into bonkers.ie I am with same supplier over a decade pure bloody laziness to change.
For pig iron i checked out would there be any point moving. There was very little difference in prices not enough to justify moving it came down to like about 70 euro a year. Seems a bit of a cartel the whole utility business here
I was the same in terms of not being too bothered changing. Did it recently there though, should hopefully be a saving of about €270.
Moved to a discounted deal with bord gais who I was already with.
26-01-2020, 09:23   #9
Irish_peppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by accensi0n View Post
I was the same in terms of not being too bothered changing. Did it recently there though, should hopefully be a saving of about €270.
Moved to a discounted deal with bord gais who I was already with.
Oh you must have done the 2 year Electricity and Gas deal I actually did that too when I enquired. Did you get the Hive
Advertisement
26-01-2020, 16:32   #10
accensi0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_peppa View Post
Oh you must have done the 2 year Electricity and Gas deal I actually did that too when I enquired. Did you get the Hive
Mine was a 1 year contract, no Hive. Discounts were 25% Electricity, 24% Gas.
26-01-2020, 16:37   #11
Fireball81

Bonkers.ie have a good comparison tool of all the suppliers including any special deals, free smart home kit, cashback etc

Beware of low unit rates as quite often the standing charge on the same plan is a ripoff, you need to take all charges into account and the comparison tool does that.

If you don't have usage figures you can go with the national average.
27-01-2020, 21:03   #12
worlds goodest teecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball81 View Post
Bonkers.ie have a good comparison tool of all the suppliers including any special deals, free smart home kit, cashback etc

Beware of low unit rates as quite often the standing charge on the same plan is a ripoff, you need to take all charges into account and the comparison tool does that.

If you don't have usage figures you can go with the national average.
Signed up with Iberdrola through bonkers in the end. Same rates as with Iberdrola website but €25 back.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion