Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cosmic Grey €750.49 (-36% €1,152.99)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Lima Golf wrote: »
    I bought the s20+ from eglobal on last week. My order still shows processing. The reviews posted on trust pilot from the last few days are from people who have not received their orders. I wonder if the company is going south.

Just an update. The money for the phone was pending on my online banking but today seems to have gone back into my account. I've gotten no email from eglobal saying my order has been cancelled and when I check my order on their website it shows processing. Am I safe enough to order a phone from someone else now or can they still take the money? I just dont want to end up with 2 phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Just an update. The money for the phone was pending on my online banking but today seems to have gone back into my account. I've gotten no email from eglobal saying my order has been cancelled and when I check my order on their website it shows processing. Am I safe enough to order a phone from someone else now or can they still take the money? I just dont want to end up with 2 phones!

I would ring my bank to see if they can see the reason for the transaction reverting first before you do anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Just wondering what happened in the end with your case . Did you ever get a reason why your order was cancelled ?

No I haven't chased it up yet. Still the same, the order shows pending and the money is still in my account. No cancellation email off them. The trust pilot reviews are desperate in the last week or two. They dont seem to reply to emails or enquiries at all. I think I'll just order another of a reputable place and leave less than €700 in my current account for a few weeks in case they try and take it.

I'm thinking of buying from harvey norman. Its €1130 for the S20+ but includes a free samsung smartwatch. Anyone know of any better deals from somewhere reputable?

• Advertisement

They still have the phone up for sale at the same price so not sure what happened there .

Let us know if there are any developments , I would be curious to hear if anyone got one.

This offer might suit some better , those still looking for a S20 . Comes from Amazon with 3 year warranty so plenty of reassurance if anything does go wrong

Offer is on Amazon.de site . Phone is €696. Plus they are running offer to trade in your old phone . I just tried a 5 year old phone there and they are giving €116 for it.

So effectively getting the latest flagship under €600 inc 3 year warranty

https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-interner-Speicher-Herstellergarantie-cloud-blue/dp/B084DX2ZYX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=SAMSUNG+S20&qid=1590918538&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOUlSSEZaNlBGWkJFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzQ0NzA1MUJUTlBMVVNSV0NZRCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODc0MzgwMTNGS1ZSM0oyQVhOMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Barr wrote: »
    This offer might suit some better , those still looking for a S20 . Comes from Amazon with 3 year warranty so plenty of reassurance if anything does go wrong

Offer is on Amazon.de site . Phone is €696. Plus they are running offer to trade in your old phone . I just tried a 5 year old phone there and they are giving €116 for it.

https://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-interner-Speicher-Herstellergarantie-cloud-blue/dp/B084DX2ZYX/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=SAMSUNG+S20&qid=1590918538&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOUlSSEZaNlBGWkJFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzQ0NzA1MUJUTlBMVVNSV0NZRCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODc0MzgwMTNGS1ZSM0oyQVhOMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I owe you a Pint Sir it's giving me €240 for my S8+...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Bought a phone from them before, no issues.

Is it 5g compatible? Doesn't mention it in the specs

• Advertisement

Nope the 5g is more .

Truckermal wrote: »
    I owe you a Pint Sir it's giving me €240 for my S8+...

Mines a Murphys :pac:

Did you go for the standard or plus ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I didnt have any interest changing but its giving me €400 for S10.
    Tempted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Mines a Murphys :pac:

Did you go for the standard or plus ?

Went for the plus I know it's dearer but always worth more when selling! I had a Note 10+ but sold it earlier!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Went for the plus I know it's dearer but always worth more when selling! I had a Note 10+ but sold it earlier!

There isn't a huge difference in price between the 2 tbh .

The plus was also available in the grey colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

I've bought a total of three new phones from EGlobal over the last few years - all Samsung.

All three arrived and worked fine. They were all unlocked, two of them were dual sum and all were models designed for non - European markets (Middle East and Asia).

Granted, Eglobal don't get delivered quickly (I think that I've had to wait between 10- 28 days), but you can't beat their prices.

I'm actually thinking of buying another phone for my wife shortly, and was all set up buy from Eglobal again, but now I'm wondering if I do, will Vodafone activate the WiFi calling for me (subject to me buying whatever plan is needed).?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any link for S20+ from amazon?

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

I've bought a total of three new phones from EGlobal over the last few years - all Samsung.

All three arrived and worked fine. They were all unlocked, two of them were dual sum and all were models designed for non - European markets (Middle East and Asia).

Granted, Eglobal don't get delivered quickly (I think that I've had to wait between 10- 28 days), but you can't beat their prices.

I'm actually thinking of buying another phone for my wife shortly, and was all set up buy from Eglobal again, but now I'm wondering if I do, will Vodafone activate the WiFi calling for me (subject to me buying whatever plan is needed).?

I wouldn't. I ordered the s20+ on 2nd May, the money showed pending on my account then returned into my account after a few days. About 2 weeks later, no word from eglobal so I sent an email cancelling my order and I went out and bought a phone in Harvey Norman. Eglobal took the money from my account on Friday but my order still shows processing online (as it has done for the last month). I opened a dispute with visa. If the phone ever shows up I'll sell it but if not hopefully visa will cover it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭blue_blue

If you are interested in a phone that out performs the Galaxy S20 in speed terms, you should consider the latest iPhone 11.

https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-11-vs-galaxy-s20-specs-versus-price-which-phone-should-you-buy-comparison/

Thank you.

This is a 4G model and I noticed it has less RAM.
    Is there a significant performance difference between 4G and 5G models?

8gb of ram should be plenty.

5G is only useful if you get it your plan . Very limited at the moment geographically so don’t see the point in paying extra unless you are looking to future proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

They're looking for a German postal address on the trade in website, I wonder is it anything other than a formality... or do they send out a package / label to that address for sending in the trade in?

Edit: I see they issue a shipping label from a courier in Germany.

I had a flick through the t&c on Amazon and there is nothing about being a German resident .

It’s hard to see it being an issue when it is through Samsung/Amazon directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭unhappyBB

I bought my s8 from Amazon.it at a pretty big discount before and had no issues. About the trade in program though, will they accept a phone that's functional (I use it constantly) but the screen has cracks in it?

They won't accept a cracked screen if I remember correctly .

The plus is advertised in the warehouse for 726 - might be an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

For the Amazon.de trade in how do you get your trade in phone valued?

I assume it's only Samsung they'll trade in? That's my reading of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭unhappyBB

They won't accept a cracked screen if I remember correctly .

The plus is advertised in the warehouse for 726 - might be an option

Warehouse?
    At that price I'm definitely tempted but don't know where you're seeing it.

• Advertisement

6 wrote: »
    I assume it's only Samsung they'll trade in? That's my reading of it.

They will take any brand.

Advertisement