Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB knock down a gate

Options
  • 25-09-2020 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

The ESB were doing a job in one of my fields and knocked down a gate. Did this happen anyone before - will the ESB repair it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Tomjim wrote: »
    The ESB were doing a job in one of my fields and knocked down a gate. Did this happen anyone before - will the ESB repair it
    Bring it to the attention of the gaffer/supervisor and they will sort it.
    If they have moved off site just phone ESB Networks and explain what happened. You will have to give your location/Eircode though it may take a few days before they rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 aphextwit

I have similar experience. Base Price is correct. When the message reaches the right person, it gets sorted. They may go through the motions of blaming subcontractor but ultimately will assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Best of luck on this op. Let us know how you get on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Base price wrote: »
    Bring it to the attention of the gaffer/supervisor and they will sort it.
    If they have moved off site just phone ESB Networks and explain what happened. You will have to give your location/Eircode though it may take a few days before they rectify it.

Try to give them the pole number as well, usually punched into a small aluminium tag about 5 ft off the ground.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

can you post a photo of gate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Pictures and emails from the top down some of these guys on the ground are fairly pig headed. If it was other way around you could expect a large bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Tomjim wrote: »

You should charge them 3k that's what they'd charge you if you hit a pole.. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

kerryjack wrote: »
    Pictures and emails from the top down some of these guys on the ground are fairly pig headed.

We were checking cattle one day.
    Found a gate wide open , it was locked with a chain and the chain was cut .
    The boys were off at the bottom of the field working.
    It was a miricle the cattle never went out on the road.
    There were words exchanged thst day

Advertisement