Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Brigid's Grove, Artane

Options
  • 17-11-2019 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

We are currently looking at a property in this development. Can anyone living there or in the neighbourhood tell us if there are any issues we should be concerned about?

1. The houses are relatively smaller and seem a bit overpriced and also since it was built in 1995, are there any know construction issues (thin walls, poor insulation etc.) we should be aware of?
    2. Are there good educate together/multi-denominational schools in the area?

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 a090

a090 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are currently looking at a property in this development. Can anyone living there or in the neighbourhood tell us if there are any issues we should be concerned about?

1. The houses are relatively smaller and seem a bit overpriced and also since it was built in 1995, are there any know construction issues (thin walls, poor insulation etc.) we should be aware of?
    2. Are there good educate together/multi-denominational schools in the area?

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Bumping this up, any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Col_30

a090 wrote: »
    Bumping this up, any help would be appreciated!

As far as I know it's a small quiet estate. And the proximity to Killester dart station, pubs and shops down that way is great too. It's a fantastic location.

However, the mid-90's would not be known for it's building quality. I have lived in houses from that era and they weren't great to be honest.

If I was buying in that area, I would be looking at an older house that has been modernized to a good standard with improved BER.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I looked here a few years ago.
    Seemed a nice enough and settled estate.
    Nice house and location due to proximity to Dart and Malahide Rd.
    Shops and schools in abundance nearby.

I just felt it was somewhat overpriced for us though. But I guess price is dictated by demand?
    Or perhaps it probably can use the name Killester more than Artane.

Best of luck.

Thanks all! This is helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

We looked at this estate too. Great location, found the house a bit small. Did some research on the estate on the estate face book page which was helpful for getting a feel for it.
    Would second the idea to get an older built house in the area, viewed lots and they are solid builds.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for your inputs! Doesn't make sense in that case and looks like we will need to look at other properties

Advertisement