Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draughty windows and doors

Options
  • 17-11-2019 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Draughty windows and doors. uPVC double glazed and teak front door. I think seals need to be replaced. Lots of draughts getting in. Who do I call to do this? MJoinery made and fitted but didn't do a good job originally as lots of gaps around window boards. Tried to replace seal before on front door but didn't quite work for me.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

WAW wrote: »
    Draughty windows and doors. uPVC double glazed and teak front door. I think seals need to be replaced. Lots of draughts getting in. Who do I call to do this? MJoinery made and fitted but didn't do a good job originally as lots of gaps around window boards. Tried to replace seal before on front door but didn't quite work for me.

bumping this thread, i also have this issue (MJoinery too :rolleyes:) and would appreciate any advice, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Lots of individuals and businesses around that carry out repair and maintenance of windows and doors. Google is your friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Windows need new hinges fitted, and around boards you could try builders caulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

WAW wrote:
    Who do I call to do this?
    The issue is more than likely with the hinges rather than the seals. I have MJoinery in my house and had similar issue 3 years ago.
    I believe MJoinery had 10 warranty on their windows. There is a job number on between the 2 panes which they can trace in the office. You could ring the office and try and get them out under warranty. Although they wanted payment upfront for the callout and there was at least 4 weeks wait time. It may be different now.
    In the end I rang someone else who replaced the hinges the following week.
    Cost was about 40 euro per window to supply and fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ravendale

Munster Joinery warranties do not cover the call out and only useful if issues with the frame itself the hardware is only warranted for 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

There are many companies now that deal with replacing window and door seals

Advertisement