Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI Vegan Sausage rolls

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭urgelgru

I was never that bothered with sausage rolls when I ate meat so I never tried them, but I absolutely love the "no chicken burgers" in Aldi. They're very substantial compared to the Quorn version. The coating on the latest "spicy" chicken burger is unreal. I'm not as keen on the new jackfruit burgers from the same range but maybe I haven't been cooking them long enough (I usually just chuck a burger in on top of chips I'm cooking in the air fryer and that works OK for the chicken ones but not the jackfruit ones)

Speaking of, I picked up some tinned "young jackfruit" in Aldi this morning. I've never cooked with it but I know there's no shortage of ideas online! €1.95 for a tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭Worztron

urgelgru wrote: »
    I was never that bothered with sausage rolls when I ate meat so I never tried them, but I absolutely love the "no chicken burgers" in Aldi. They're very substantial compared to the Quorn version. The coating on the latest "spicy" chicken burger is unreal. I'm not as keen on the new jackfruit burgers from the same range but maybe I haven't been cooking them long enough (I usually just chuck a burger in on top of chips I'm cooking in the air fryer and that works OK for the chicken ones but not the jackfruit ones)

Speaking of, I picked up some tinned "young jackfruit" in Aldi this morning. I've never cooked with it but I know there's no shortage of ideas online! €1.95 for a tin.

Hi urgelgru. Is that ALDI own-brand No Chicken Burgers? I ask because I've also heard of (yet to try), 'Mae's Kitchen Vegan No Chicken Burgers'. Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Yes, they've had the standard "No chicken" burgers for months now as Plant Menu (re branded from Mae's Kitchen I think...I never compared the recipes and I used to find it hard to get those burgers in the Aldis that I frequent) but the "Spicy No Chicken Burgers" are relatively new to the range. They have a Southern-fried style crunchy coating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi urgelgru. Is that ALDI own-brand No Chicken Burgers? I ask because I've also heard of (yet to try), 'Mae's Kitchen Vegan No Chicken Burgers'. Cheers.

I’m not sure what brand they are. I think there’s 2 different ones. A “chicken” burger & spicy “chicken” burger. I’ve only had the spicy one & it was lovely. I also tried Denny’s new meatless burger. Very nice.

Obviously processed shyte but nice to have the option every now & then.

I see, cheers, Tilikum17 & urgelgru. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I’m not sure what brand they are. I think there’s 2 different ones. A “chicken” burger & spicy “chicken” burger. I’ve only had the spicy one & it was lovely. I also tried Denny’s new meatless burger. Very nice.

Obviously processed shyte but nice to have the option every now & then.

A bit of processed grub now and then is fine as a treat. :-)

They're just so handy to have in the freezer :)

Advertisement