Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-06-2018, 12:27   #1
Dubh73

Accounting Technician Apprenticeship

Hi all, I am looking for advise. I have been approved for the accounting technician apprenticeship and want it so bad. I have financially prepared for a lower salary for 2 years but do need to contribute something. At the moment I am unemployed and waiting to hear from employers. I have been told that if I don’t hear anything by end of August I have not been selected. Does anyone have any idea on the success rate? Should I be applying for other jobs just in case?? I need to generate some form of an income by mid September..
Advertisement
16-06-2018, 12:14   #2
Vladi_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh73 View Post
Hi all, I am looking for advise. I have been approved for the accounting technician apprenticeship and want it so bad. I have financially prepared for a lower salary for 2 years but do need to contribute something. At the moment I am unemployed and waiting to hear from employers. I have been told that if I don’t hear anything by end of August I have not been selected. Does anyone have any idea on the success rate? Should I be applying for other jobs just in case?? I need to generate some form of an income by mid September..
Hey! Did you have an interview with the employer already? I had my phone interview 2 days ago and it went great. Basically I'm wondering about the same things as so so hopefully we get some answers.
16-06-2018, 12:47   #3
Dubh73

Best of luck I hope it goes well for your nope I haven’t heard a thing from anyone just that my details would be passed on.. o am older and have a Masters in a different field so I wonder would that have an impact, have to just wait and see. ☹️
16-06-2018, 13:32   #4
Vladi_

Quote:
Best of luck I hope it goes well for your nope I haven’t heard a thing from anyone just that my details would be passed on.. o am older and have a Masters in a different field so I wonder would that have an impact, have to just wait and see. ☹️
In my case it took 2 weeks between the application and the interview. I'm older as well. best of luck to you too.
04-07-2018, 19:19   #5
Garzard

I've had 4x interviews since June - two of these companies unfortunately decided not to offer a position and have been waiting to hear from the latter two firms for 2 weeks by now. Very tantalising.
Advertisement
04-07-2018, 19:59   #6
Vladi_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzard View Post
I've had 4x interviews since June - two of these companies unfortunately decided not to offer a position and have been waiting to hear from the latter two firms for 2 weeks by now. Very tantalising.
When did you apply? I got email that my application will be forwarded to employers 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Losing all hope already. What city did you apply for?
Good luck with the other two!
05-07-2018, 08:18   #7
Dubh73

I would like to know if any employers in my area are interested in taking an apprentice I still haven’t heard anything from employers, I have to find employment soon and really don’t want to start a position and leave so soon. It would be great if we knew how many employers in the area are considering an apprentice and how many applications there are. Vladi you still haven’t heard anything???
05-07-2018, 08:27   #8
Vladi_

Quote:
I would like to know if any employers in my area are interested in taking an apprentice I still haven’t heard anything from employers, I have to find employment soon and really don’t want to start a position and leave so soon. It would be great if we knew how many employers in the area are considering an apprentice and how many applications there are. Vladi you still haven’t heard anything???
That would be great to know... I know that they are taking 20 in my area but no idea how many applicants.
3 weeks ago I had my phone interview. I really thought it went great but never heard back from any employer.
05-07-2018, 10:12   #9
Dubh73

Oh sorry to hear that it seems that we are in the same position now although I have yet to hear from an employer on any level. I would have thought city base would have a quicker turnaround.Garzard seems to be the only one that is a step closer. ☹️
Advertisement
05-07-2018, 10:25   #10
Vladi_

Maybe I have the wrong impression about what they are looking for. :/ I was pretty confident it would be rather easy to get it in a smaller city. Or at least get an interview.
I think you got me wrong before. Or I got you wrong. 😠I wasn't contacted by any employer yet.
05-07-2018, 11:29   #11
Garzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladi_ View Post
When did you apply? I got email that my application will be forwarded to employers 2 weeks ago and still nothing. Losing all hope already. What city did you apply for?
Good luck with the other two!
Got the same email a few weeks ago asking if I'd received any offers yet; if not they'd resend my application among Batch 3. They did so but only one firm has come back with an interview - thought a few more would. Would be awfully disappointing to get no offers as I've worked hard on these interviews and I had to take days off work to attend them.
05-07-2018, 11:38   #12
Garzard

While I was on my holidays actually the second firm I interviewed with emailed and said although they wouldn't be offering me a spot in their audit section, they said I presented well enough that they'd pass on my CV & application to their section that deals with insolvency / advisory / restructuring as there was apparently a position open there. They emailed back the following week that the manager of this section had changed their mind and unfortunately wouldn't be taking anyone. I felt a bit cheated there to be honest.
05-07-2018, 12:05   #13
Vladi_

I get you, I'd feel the same. :/ Though I feel bad enough already because no one rang me and I really feel like this is something made for me and exactly what I want.
I hope it will end good for all 3 of us.
05-07-2018, 13:19   #14
Garzard

Because of how long the process takes with apprenticeships, rejection causes more disappointment to people. I was optimistic about getting an offer in June because I had a good momentum going with passing the phone interview and then getting final approval the day after.
05-07-2018, 13:22   #15
Vladi_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzard View Post
Because of how long the process takes with apprenticeships, rejection causes more disappointment to people. I was optimistic about getting an offer in June because I had a good momentum going with passing the phone interview and then getting final approval the day after.
Exactly the same here! It was going so good and quick and now it has just stopped. I was hoping that smaller cities will have less candidates than Dublin but it seems that that's not the case.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion