Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Lightroom billing question please

Options
  • 19-11-2019 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭

I just went to cancel my Adobe Lightroom monthly billing and they want to Bill me €64 to close it? I pay €11 to €13 per month for several months.

Does anyone know is this normal or am I expected to subscribe for a minimum of 12 months to avoid this closing fee?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's an annual plan, so you are signing up for the year when you buy it. Hence the cancellation fee. Very annoying really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just on this, i subscribed to LR then my laptop crapped out so i went to cancel and it said the same, but whatever way i went to cancel i hit the box to say it was too expensive or what not and the next screen said they would give me 2 months free, which they did.

I had a look there a couple weeks back and i think its 20+30e to cancel ahead of the year so im just gonna wait till the year and cancel and maybe go back to phone only for a 5er a month.

I have a new laptop but find its rarer i get to open it to edit photos and tend to do it on the phone moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just on this, i subscribed to LR then my laptop crapped out so i went to cancel and it said the same, but whatever way i went to cancel i hit the box to say it was too expensive or what not and the next screen said they would give me 2 months free, which they did.

I had a look there a couple weeks back and i think its 20+30e to cancel ahead of the year so im just gonna wait till the year and cancel and maybe go back to phone only for a 5er a month.

I have a new laptop but find its rarer i get to open it to edit photos and tend to do it on the phone moreso.

I'm exactly the same, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

They seem to be alright about changing plans and prices.
    I had to change credit card recently and didn't get around to updating with Adobe.
    Ignored a few emails, figuring I'd get around to it eventually.
    They then rang me about it and offered me 3 months free if I updated my card, which I did.

Advertisement