Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dab - antenna and stations in Meath

Options
  • 17-07-2019 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi all, I have an amp with Dab radio but the supplied internal antenna picks up nothing.

I'm thinking of fitting a dedicated outdoor DAB antenna but only if it's worth it.

What stations can I pick up in the Navan area? Can I pick up ant Northern Ireland DAB Stations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Hi

I don't think a outdoor antenna will be of any help ( might be wrong ) But DAB is officially on trial in Dublin area , also DAB is not like MW /FM with coverage fading and sound fading etc , With DAB once coverage goes below a level it completely drops.
    Best of luck if you get an antenna .

B

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Cannon_fodder

SATNAV wrote: »
    Hi

I don't think a outdoor antenna will be of any help ( might be wrong ) But DAB is officially on trial in Dublin area , also DAB is not like MW /FM with coverage fading and sound fading etc , With DAB once coverage goes below a level it completely drops.
    Best of luck if you get an antenna .

B
    Thanks for the reply. Probably wasting my time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Thanks for the reply. Probably wasting my time on it.
    if you want the irish channels rte gold about the best ,point your outdoor antenna towards three rock mountain south Dublin ,you should pick it up no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Hi all, I have an amp with Dab radio but the supplied internal antenna picks up nothing.

I'm thinking of fitting a dedicated outdoor DAB antenna but only if it's worth it.

What stations can I pick up in the Navan area? Can I pick up ant Northern Ireland DAB Stations?
    Hi I have a DAB radio I'm my car and can pick up DAB from northern Ireland in my car .so it should be possible.however I seems like an expensive option to erect an Ariel when all the DAB ni stations are available online

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

Only seen this this thread now while looking for possible dab issues,

I'm in west offaly and have dab reception with a dipole antenna in the attic (have it set up 3 years with no issue until this evening).

Cant see you having any issues in Meath if you dont have and obstacles in your way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement