Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing door parts and fitting.

Options
  • 19-02-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section and mods please feel free to move it if it is.

In a rush of blood I purchased a second-hand door and partial frame to replace my shed door. The new door is missing one side of the frame, parts of the hinges and most of the locking mechanism.

My questions are:
    1. Am I wasting my time?
    2. Will it be possible to replace the missing piece of frame.
    3. Where can I source the hinges: I think this may be them https://www.agb.it/en-us/products/door-hardware/hinges/2-pins/mod-131-132 (Pic003)
    4. If anyone thinks they can fit it me please send me a PM.

The original doors measurements are (Pic001):

Frame: 886 mm wide by 2055 mm Length.
    Door: 815 mm wide by 2032 mm Length.

The new door measurements are (Pic 002):

Frame: 914 mm wide by 2100 mm Length.
    Door: 805 mm wide by 2024 mm Length.

Any help greatly appreciated I have bitten off more than I can chew with this one.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Looks like a standard munster joinery type door with a 3 or 5 point lock,

standard cylinder and quick fit hinge setup.

Any hardware incapel street should be able to sort you out with the hardware

such as hinge, lock cylinder, and maybe weather strip if you need it.

You are missing a frame stile, but any joinery work shop could knock you out one,

or may have one from stock.

If its a workshop set up to run you out a single leg......then it might work

out more expensive than the frame you have already purchased.

Unless you know what you are at, these type of things often work out more expensive

than a shop bought complete unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

You need to reduce the frame width by 28 mm, and the height by 45mm , a joinery could do that for you, with the height you could take 10mm off the door and the rest off the top of the frame, you will also need the receivers for the three point locking system, you may need to get a new locking system. You could try Mila in kilbarrack or Proline in Inchicore

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Duk

Thanks for the replies, Could anyone PM me a recommendation for a joinery preferably on the North side of Dublin.

Advertisement