Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers driving while snapping

• 08-09-2017 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Makes me cringe. The main blogger was at it for a good 5 minutes on Snapchat today - both in city traffic and flying down back roads. How long is it until one of them kills someone?
    And the Road Safety Authority have worked with some of these people! I would have thought bloggers who clearly drive very distracted would be the last people they'd want to be associated with. You don't see Kate Moss doing work for anti-smoking charities.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

I'm pretty sure they are being driven by someone? Camera reverses things so it might look like they are in driver seat but they are in passenger seat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Who's the main blogger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If the seat belt is crossing their shoulder on the right of your screen, then they are in the driver seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Who's the main blogger?

So sue me, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭yummymummyjay

So sue me is never driving in the snaps its Dylan driving usually. The camera makes it look like she is in the drivers seat but she's not

• Advertisement

I've called out 2 bloggers (snappers, instagrammers/ whatever you call them) recently for posting pics and snaps while driving.
    One had pics up on instagram clearly having been taking from the driver seat, in one of them you could see the speed was in excess of the speed limit. I called them out on it, and they said they wouldn't post pics like that again and deleted the pic. But didn't apologise or excuse the fact that they were driving whilst using their phone, and speeding.

Another one I called out had been clearly snapping while using their mobile, they appear to be in the driver seat and the car is clearly moving. I messaged to ask were they driving while snapping and got back a "thanks for your concern" reply.

What annoys me is they are local to my part of the country. I enjoyed following them as it's nice to support local people and see pics of what's in stock down the country and in local stores rather than in Dublin or Cork stores. But I can't believe these people drive the same roads as me and my family doing that! :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'd message them and say if you see them snapping while driving again you'll be walking into the Garda station and showing them the footage. Sorry but that's just so unacceptable. If someone in my town was at that on the same roads as I drive and my sisters drives with her kids in tow, I'd be fuming. Wtf is wrong with people in this day and age that they think that's acceptable? Has every campaign and ad gone over their heads? You are not that important that you need to risk your life and that of others to take a video of yourself. Fair play SD for messaging them.

I couldn't cope with a certain blogger snapping her partner driving with their little kid on his lap tonight. Now fair enough they were in an estate I think but still. He kept driving fast and jamming on and her head would jolt... my god...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I couldn't cope with a certain blogger snapping her partner driving with their little kid on his lap tonight. Now fair enough they were in an estate I think but still. He kept driving fast and jamming on and her head would jolt... my god...
    What blogger is this? Could you PM me if you didn't want to say here?

Done!

• Advertisement

I'm assuming they had no seatbelt on the child either...

RTA's (road traffic accidents) still happen in housing estates. A small child was knocked down and killed in a housing estate in our town a few years ago. Even in our estate the speed some people drive through it is appalling and you don't know when a child could run out on the road to chase a ball or a dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Done!

I am shocked to hear this, I really am. Is it possible to Pm me the bloggers name also please?

ratmouse wrote: »
    I am shocked to hear this, I really am. Is it possible to Pm me the bloggers name also please?

Done

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I'm assuming they had no seatbelt on the child either...

RTA's (road traffic accidents) still happen in housing estates. A small child was knocked down and killed in a housing estate in our town a few years ago. Even in our estate the speed some people drive through it is appalling and you don't know when a child could run out on the road to chase a ball or a dog.

He was wearing his belt but the child wasn't. She's only 3 or so aswell. I was horrified! The mother actually said omg watch her head while laughing but they kept doing it...this went on for a good while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

It's a pity the guards didn't come up behind or in front of them and catch them at it.

Utterly irresponsible and reckless behaviour.

If there was an accident that little girl was injured, I am fully confident of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

It's a pity the guards didn't come up behind or in front of them and catch them at it.

Utterly irresponsible and reckless behaviour.

If there was an accident that little girl was injured, I am fully confident of it.

I couldn't get over it either

Ballerina wrote: »
    I couldn't get over it either

It's not just me then? I was expecting to see uproar on Facebook posts etc about it but nothing... by far the worst driving snapping thing I have witnessed

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

depends on who it was i.e how well known they are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Fairy seen before driving without N plates displayed. Obviously was too cool to be seen with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

I watched Rosanna Davison snapping while driving yesterday evening. Snapping about where her coat was from while giving a full view of it. It's not the first time I've seen her do it either. She's also an ambassador for VW. Setting such a bad example imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

scarbouro wrote: »
    I watched Rosanna Davison snapping while driving yesterday evening. Snapping about where her coat was from while giving a full view of it. It's not the first time I've seen her do it either. She's also an ambassador for VW. Setting such a bad example imo.

That's so careless and dangerous, it makes my blood boil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What a moronic moment. Nobody cares that much about your bloody coat, ffs. The narcissism knows no bounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

That's shocking! I havent seen the snaps myself, but VW should not be working with her if she is snapping and driving.

Advertisement