Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers / Influencers releasing products [Please read note in post #966]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hahaha I noticed that too, she looked like she had no eyemakeup on
    People are **** if they don't like the product :D
    See that FBG is a brand ambassador for the brand and she couldn't get the lashes on her eyes the day she did the demo and her makeup was horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Hahaha I noticed that too, she looked like she had no eyemakeup on
    People are **** if they don't like the product :D
    See that FBG is a brand ambassador for the brand and she couldn't get the lashes on her eyes the day she did the demo and her makeup was horrible

That was so funny she blamed her eyes god that girl would lie through her teeth for a few euro .. what Suzanne said about her palette was so embarrassing it actually made her look like she hasn't a clue about make up

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

oh god that demo of the eyeshadow pallet was cringe! you could sense how angry she was, so defensive... I can understand if you bring out a product you don't like to hear that people have criticisms of it but every bad point people mentioned in reviews she said was done intentionally that that's how she wanted the product to be. Also, she's a good looking girl and can pull off the dramatic smokey eye but I can guarantee you if I applied the shadows in the same way that she was demonstrating I would look like a crazy person :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Seeing as the majority of negative reviews are coming from trained mua's I thought it was very patronising and condescending that she said that people need to educated properly on how to use it in order to get the pallet to work. What a load of bullsh*t. If a trained mua can't get any colour payoff or decent blending what hope does any else have?

Even on her snapchat the colours looked very flat and muddy on her eyes. Delighted I got the Naked Heat pallet myself and didn't waste my money on her one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anywhere I can see her demo or was it on Snapchat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

anna080 wrote: »
    Anywhere I can see her demo or was it on Snapchat?

It was on snapchat Anna but she said she was going to do a YouTube tutorial aswell.

Who are the MUA's that gave it a bad review? I'd like to read them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

Did she delete her snap chat story? I couldn't see any snapshot for the last 24hrs from her.

If you punch into YouTube fire hot palette, there's a few reviews from people. Most wouldn't recommend the product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

It ws from Saturday night so would be gone by now! The only one she deleted was a picture from the taxi on the way home! Someone posted it on galz who snap thread about the whole thing!

anna080 wrote: »
    Who are the MUA's that gave it a bad review? I'd like to read them!

Jenny Beattie Makeup and riona Cahill, both have video reviews. I think there was another girl Keilidh MUA that Sue mentioned specifically in her snaps but then she deleted it.

• Advertisement

Ya it was Saturday night she said she'd had a few wines and was going to darken up her eyes before she'd head out so wanted to address some of the criticisms. But ya using words like needing to educate the people who bought it etc came across as very patronising. And the way she was applying it and being all "look!! See?? See how easy that was??" It wasn't a very professional product demo

I didn't see it but it sounds very patronising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Well unless she was attacked with a makeup wipe while out I think her taxi pic speaks for itself.
    I'll be the first to admit I can't stand her and therefore out of principle I wouldn't spend my money on her brand, I have no interest in giving it a negative review but enjoy seeing the product for what it is. Private labelled dirt, by the looks of things.

Yea I wouldn't be her biggest fan either and tbh I tend to avoid her or anything to do with her. I find her very aggressive. I'm interested in make up though so would like to read the reviews about the palette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

TooDollyMakeup did a look with the SoSueMe eyeshadow palette yesterday, it should still be up on snapchat. She got a lovely look with it, she's fab at makeup. The impression I got was that she didn't hate the palette, but she didn't seem to love it either.

I don't follow Sue so I can only comment on what has been posted here. But I get the impression that it's a case of 'F' the begrudgers and she doesn't seem to take criticism well. No matter what product you release and who you are, you are going to receive some criticism or negative feedback. But you need to learn not to rise to it, to take it on the chin or to ignore it. Not everyone is going to like your product or service. But for every negative review or naysayer - there's many, many more who like the product, will buy it and use it etc. Focus on those instead.

Pippa has gotten negative reviews for her Poco's but I've never seen her take to social media to blast those who didn't like her jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Long time lurker, first time poster and I don't know if this would class as white labelling but the jewellery and clutch bags Jennifer Wrynne is selling are from aliexpress.

She's always plugging the tassel earrings on her instastories and I adored her tassel earring but are nearly €17.95 but you can get them on the aliexpress for less than €2. Hers come with on a jennifer wrynne card but that's a crazy mark up just because her name is on the presentation card.

The same with clutches she's selling them at €89.95 and they are selling on aliexpress for €13 with free postage to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Did anyone else see the he end of her snapchat about the eyeshadow where she said if anyone wants to learn how to use them to buy tickets on her website as she will be doing demos? So basically her dates aren't selling and she's pushing her masterclasses as well ! It's actually funny !

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

Yeah it's beyond a joke. I do think people are wider to Ali express but there's still the vast majority who arent. It's the same with Rosie's cheap sun glasses.

• Advertisement

heyjude88 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see the he end of her snapchat about the eyeshadow where she said if anyone wants to learn how to use them to buy tickets on her website as she will be doing demos? So basically her dates aren't selling and she's pushing her masterclasses as well ! It's actually funny !

Hahaha yes! She said she would be spending an hour and a half to teach people how to use it! Like is it that different than other eyeshadow palettes or is it such bad quality that it takes 90 minutes to be thought how to use it!!? I'm guessing the second. That snapchatting did her no favours in my eyes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Hahaha yes! She said she would be spending an hour and a half to teach people how to use it! Like is it that different than other eyeshadow palettes or is it such bad quality that it takes 90 minutes to be thought how to use it!!? I'm guessing the second. That snapchatting did her no favours in my eyes!!

Also found it really bizarre that she said that when she's going out with her friends, she does neutral make up and throws on jeans and a cardi while they're having drinks, and then after they've had a few, she glams up her make up and puts on a dress..Like who does that when they're getting ready for a night out, it makes no sense? :confused::confused:

I can't believe she said come to my master class to learn how to use my palette. Like spend more money to come learn use a basic palette made for "the average consumer". What? The height of cheek.

I dunno did she exactly say that! She said she is doing a video tonight to show how to use it (how it's different to any other eywshadows I don't know, i swatched omit out of cusosity! Feel the same as any eyeshadow, quite powdery and had rubbed of pretty much straight away just left a bit of a bruise like stain!). And why she made it the way it is and how it's different! Looking forward to that!! Then said she is going to do and hour and a half at her show/masterclass whatever it's called using all her products!

The bit I didn't get was - she said they were so pigmented that why they were so powdery. Then that they weren't to pigmented so that you didn't have to blend, easier to use! Is that not a contradiction? Or maybe I took it up wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Sorry can't quote wendydoll....can you put a link to the earrings/clutch bag as I love them and would buy from alixpress if I had link.

Just search tassel earrings or Pom Pom earrings! They come up ;) I had a nose!!!

I'm sure they would have to pay customs in the stuff they bring in so that would up the price!? Still annoying tho when u could buy yourself for 1.4 price!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

Omg, I went and had a look on AliExpress and searched for 'beaded clutch bag' and I found a bag for 14euro and it's on Jennifer Wrynne's website for 79.95!! Same picture and everything!!

It's the Roisin bag if you're wondering.

idunno78 wrote: »
    Just search tassel earrings or Pom Pom earrings! They come up ;) I had a nose!!!

I'm sure they would have to pay customs in the stuff they bring in so that would up the price!? Still annoying tho when u could buy yourself for 1.4 price!!!!

I bought the tassel earrings and some of the necklaces she sells from ali express. They arrived within 10- 14 days. No customs, no postage fee (and there was a postage fee it was only the cost of a stamp etc) so I doubt she's paying customs unless she's ordered 1000's of them. But I ordered 3 statement necklaces and 7 sets of tassel earrings and there was no further charges

Good to know! I assumed when you ordered more then what they would consider 'personal' you would have to pay customs!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensheep777

wendydoll wrote: »

That's hilarious! :D
    WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Also found it really bizarre that she said that when she's going out with her friends, she does neutral make up and throws on jeans and a cardi while they're having drinks, and then after they've had a few, she glams up her make up and puts on a dress..Like who does that when they're getting ready for a night out, it makes no sense? :confused::confused:

Right? Why would you get yourself dressed and made-up twice for the one night out? All my friends and I, we get ready once. Whatever we're wearing out, that's what we put on for pre-drinks. Who wants to be trying to get changed and putting more makeup on when you're on your way out the door after a few jars? You'd never leave the house!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't trust myself putting on more make up after a few drinks, I'd end up looking like Ru Paul

Wow I looked up those bags on AliExpress. Exact same bags. Mad

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Jennifer could have at least used her own photo - same book in the background!

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Jennifer could have at least used her own photo - same book in the background!

I know. Looks so lazy and with such a high mark up in price you'd think you'd at least retake the photos

It's the exact same with CODs new brand search tassel earring or gold crown on ali express and they come up on the first page these people aren't even trying very hard at finding these products and people are so quick to jump and buy them. COD is selling stuff at 10x or even 15x what they are on aliexpress.

What these people are doing is curating a nice brand of items from china that I'd say are penneys quality when you see them in real life. And all the other bloggers are featuring the earrings etc because they've clearly gotten freebies. And of course if you are buying things for 2 online you have more ability to send out freebies than someone who is making things from scratch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Who's COD?

Sorry COD = Ciara O'Doherty she has jewellery and hairbands and stuff out that are all straight from aliexpress.
    I was looking at Aluxe website and was impressed by the huge number of stockists she has around the country and then I saw there was a link saying for stockist enquiries contact Distinct Distribution. Went to their site and clicked on their brochure and was surprised to see another Aluxe product in there that as far as I know hasn't been mentioned/released before??
    Also, based on the wholesale prices in the brochure for stockists she must be sourcing them for really, really cheap to be making any sort of a profit on them?

Sorry COD = Ciara O'Doherty she has jewellery and hairbands and stuff out that are all straight from aliexpress.
    I was looking at Aluxe website and was impressed by the huge number of stockists she has around the country and then I saw there was a link saying for stockist enquiries contact Distinct Distribution. Went to their site and clicked on their brochure and was surprised to see another Aluxe product in there that as far as I know hasn't been mentioned/released before??
    Also, based on the wholesale prices in the brochure for stockists she must be sourcing them for really, really cheap to be making any sort of a profit on them?

Brilliant, great find!! That fan brush looks brutal. Also that is a serious markup to RRP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

mod I've removed the link to the product brochure as it was for trade purposes only.

mod I've removed the link to the product brochure as it was for trade purposes only.

Whoops sorry silvervixen84 didn't realise it wasn't allowed it was easily accessed from her site so thought it was for anyone to see my bad...

• Advertisement

It must have been an oversight somewhere because surely anyone interested in stocking the product would pop along, look there and see the brushes. Then they would be easily leaked, I'm surprised they haven't before now! I would be raging if I was her.

It must have been an oversight somewhere because surely anyone interested in stocking the product would pop along, look there and see the brushes. Then they would be easily leaked, I'm surprised they haven't before now! I would be raging if I was her.

What's this ye are on about?

New release from aluxe, a brush set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

The beautiful truth bringing out a new range of something... wonder what it will be

Gal44 wrote: »
    The beautiful truth bringing out a new range of something... wonder what it will be
    Yes I'm curious what this is! I think she said it was beauty related. Said it was 100% Irish made, mentioned Galway and working with an Irish uni. So sweet, she was fit to burst with excitement on snapchat!!

I know she's not the type of person to get a dig at others but even that much information divulged is a stark contrast to other bloggers who release white label and Aliexpress products.

The very best of luck to her, she's some woman between blogging, teaching, rearing a child etc and now releasing a product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Gal44 wrote: »

She mentioned it ages ago while she was on holiday too. Something about it being an item she wanted and couldn't find so she designed it.

Im guessing its some kind of holder maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I'm intrigued to know what it is. I really do hate all the ohh I have a product etc.. But can't say what it is. I originally thought it might have been baby related, not now from today's snaps

If a holder, perhaps a holder for hairdryer, curler, ghd etc... That's something I could do with

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

I can't see brush set??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I can't see brush set??

I don't think its released or announced

The other poster found a link to a trade distribution list (publicly available on RC website)

On this site it had trade prices for RC sunglasses and other products that are known. There was also a page or two on RC makeup brush set. This is what has been mentioned but not released I believe to public yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

frogstar wrote: »

On this site it had trade prices for RC sunglasses and other products that are known. There was also a page or two on RC makeup brush set. This is what has been mentioned but not released I believe to public yet

Where they all from aliexpress too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement