Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Backwards Steps In Afghanistan

Options
  • 24-02-2012 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

You have to admit, they have better PR than we do.

When the Taliban burned Korans when they burned down a local school, it caused some resentment at the local level. A) because the locals were kindof fond of the school, and B) because of the Korans that were inside it at the time. However, as it wasn't broadcast on CNN, it didn't really get much traction outside of the immediate vicinity.

You'd think they'd have a sense of perspective about it.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

They would want to lighten up over there. Yanks always screwing up."Hello GUY`S IT IS ONLY HEAR SAY" as with all Holy Books.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

some poor bastards were probably on a wrok party and didnt even realise it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Speaking as a religious type, my understanding that burning was a traditional way to dispose of holy books that are either defaced or simply too dog eared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

Thank God I'm an atheist !!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

They should have given them some bibles* to burn in retaliation the stone age bastards.

*booby trapped ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Manach wrote: »
    Speaking as a religious type, my understanding that burning was a traditional way to dispose of holy books that are either defaced or simply too dog eared.

In Islam they are normally buried.

Advertisement