Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English essay NUI Maynooth

Options
  • 01-04-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi, it's probably too late for replies at this stage but worth a go anyway! I have English essay in Maynooth tomorrow and while I've been trying to prepare, it's hard when I've no idea what essay topics might come up. If there are any mature students out there on MH114 who can remember what kind of titles they were given, I would really appreciate some guidelines. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bowbelle

Hi 2ndchance,

I was wondering how you got on with the Maynooth English Test. I took that test too on Saturday, I went for question b and c. Thought it was kinda tricky but hopefully will be okay... How about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

Hi bowbell, thought it was tricky also. Not too confident of getting an interview after it to be honest... I did a and b but sat for 20 mins trying to get going before writing anything. Do you know how many places are available for mature students ? I'm sure someone told me there were about 6 last year, way more people than that there on Saturday. Best of luck anyway. Will post if I hear anything back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bowbelle

I spent quite a long time thinking also, question "why is this a poem" stumped me a little!

I didn't realize that there was a quota for mature applicants, but I suppose that this makes sense. Six does not seem like many - I thought that there were at least 40 people there.

Hopefully we'll get interviews and we can show are selves off then!:D

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭2ndchance

Hi bowbelle, said I'd post when I heard back. Unfortunatley I didn't get an interview for English in Maynooth, but I have also applied for Arts so still have a chance. Hope you got one and that it goes well. Best of luck.

Advertisement